Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alcohol Supply Laws - Dunnes Stores

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

Note 'age card' and 'age document'. EU nationals etc. can buy in pubs with the appropriate age document.

Fair play for finding it I was struggling to say the least. I don't have consolidated legislation anymore, so I can see how anyone can get things mixed up.

Edit: I think I've just made the same mistake. It's on the premises vs. actually buying?

it is age card only for buying alcohol.

You keep saying defense. That is for a prosecution, if a person presents a valid id as listed than a “defense” would not be required. That only becomes a factor is there is a prosecution which won’t happen if valid id as prescribed to be on the premises is presented. Alcohol merchants will accept a driver license and passport (from any country) as well as the age card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Lmklad wrote: »
    You keep saying defense. That is for a prosecution, if a person presents a valid id as listed than a “defense” would not be required. That only becomes a factor is there is a prosecution which won’t happen if valid id as prescribed to be on the premises is presented. Alcohol merchants will accept a driver license and passport (from any country) as well as the age card.

what am i like, quoting legislation in a legal discussion forum. At least i managed to quote the correct piece of legislation.

And i have never said defense. the word is defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Fair enough.

I used to work in law enforcement stateside and we had a book of all ID types issued throughout the 50 states and territories. Very handy for checking out of state documents.

Many RPU vehicles contain a similar document containing details of all EU (and countless more non EU) driving licences which also details the various things to look out for in identifying a forged one. I think there is also a passport version held in stations.

Pity they didn't use it when following up on that Prawo Jazdy fella :)

Advertisement