Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute south dublin to north Dublin

Options
  • 10-08-2018 7:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all

I have just secured my dream teaching job however it requires commuting from Harolds cross to tyrellstown every day. What would be the best way to do this journey every day? Through the city or not!? Or am I mad considering such a journey! ? Not sure how long it would actually take every day... I do have an option of staying in a nearby school in Lucan but it’s not the ideal job. Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

If you mean by public transport, A-B says to take the 16 or 9 to town and the 40D to Tyrellstown. Should take about 1 hour 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭clo1

BeerNut wrote: »
    If you mean by public transport, A-B says to take the 16 or 9 to town and the 40D to Tyrellstown. Should take about 1 hour 10 minutes.

Is that a better option than driving do you think!? I would prefer to drive but some people have told me that’s a real trek in the morning and not a worthwhile commute!? I am happy to drive up to an hour but if it takes any longer I’d have to rethink

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

clo1 wrote: »
    Is that a better option than driving do you think!? I would prefer to drive but some people have told me that’s a real trek in the morning and not a worthwhile commute!? I am happy to drive up to an hour but if it takes any longer I’d have to rethink

If you download the Waze app it'll give you usual journey times, it can also warn you of delays to leave earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,525 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Best to drive it. Go in early and get some work done in the morning, Since you're a teacher I'd guess your day finished before the worst of rush hour so you'll get home handy enough. Just take some time and work out a good route.

My recommendation for a lightly trafficked route is: head towards the City Centre from Harold's X then turn left onto the canal road, continue past the luas tracks and down into Kilmainham on the Couth Circular road.
    Go across Island bridge and turn left
    drive through Chapelizod and keep right onto tower road/college road
    keep left and go through castleknock
    Go over the M50 bridge and that takes you into Blanchardstown village. You should be able to find your way from there

You'll be going against traffic for 90% of your journey so it should be achievable in about 35 minutes.

Advertisement