Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas CC Tour of Kildare

Options
  • 10-08-2018 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭

Anybody else doing this on Sunday? Weather looks like it will be good, mild with no rain

Also, has anybody got a Strava link to the 110k route from doing not last year. This years route is the same.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Did it a few years ago and it is a fast route. Groupon was in clipped around at an aggregate of 35kph. Just be warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

bazermc wrote: »
    Anybody else doing this on Sunday? Weather looks like it will be good, mild with no rain

Also, has anybody got a Strava link to the 110k route from doing not last year. This years route is the same.

Cheers

Can't make this year's one - here's my route from last year... some pretty fast pace being set up to the foodstop!! :eek:

https://www.strava.com/activities/1131633309/overview

Only bit I had an 'issue' with was the tiny little bohereen section that ran parallel to the M4 Motorway near Kilcock. Was really narrow for such a large group I thought, but alternative was to route it through Maynooth and then through Kilcock as well, so the wee road is probably the safest...they had marshals at the top of it anyways to warn traffic.

I recall a few years ago they went up over Newtown(?) where the big comms tower is located...thought that was a better route but there was oil or something on the descent and a few hit the deck hard.

Anyways - enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭benneca1

andy69 wrote: »
    bazermc wrote: »
    Anybody else doing this on Sunday?  Weather looks like it will be good, mild with no rain

Cheers

Can't make this year's one - here's my route from last year... some pretty fast pace being set up to the foodstop!! :eek:

https://www.strava.com/activities/1131633309/overview

Only bit I had an 'issue' with was the tiny little bohereen section that ran parallel to the M4 Motorway near Kilcock.  Was really narrow for such a large group I thought, but alternative was to route it through Maynooth and then through Kilcock as well, so the wee road is probably the safest...they had marshals at the top of it anyways to warn traffic.

I recall a few years ago they went up over Newtown(?) where the big comms tower is located...thought that was a better route but there was oil or something on the descent and a few hit the deck hard.

Anyways - enjoy!!
    I assume you missed the bit at the start that went "Remember this is a leisurely spin through Kildare and is not a race " :)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

benneca1 wrote: »
    I assume you missed the bit at the start that went "Remember this is a leisurely spin through Kildare and is not a race " :)

:-)
    I may have slightly mis-heard that alright!

Advertisement