Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Oranmore to Galway Business Park Dangan

Options
  • 10-08-2018 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Greetings All,

Moving to Galway at the beginning of September for a new job in Galway Business Park.

Trying to get my head around where to live, transport etc.

Was thinking of looking for something around Oranmore.

Looks like there is a bus (404) that takes me close to where I will be working at Galway Business part.

Is any of you helpful folk familiar with this bus service i.e how long of a commute will it be in the morning and what the frequency of the bus service.

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This site http://www.galwaytransport.info/2009/07/city-bus-services.html will also show you when buses leave and arrive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

404 goes every hour from Oranmore and stops at two (soon to be three) stops in the village, and yes it brings you pretty close, short enough walk from the Corrib Park stop to the Business Park.

They're looking at increasing it to every 30 minutes but not sure when that's happening. Commute time depends very much on the time of morning/evening, peak times can be pretty lengthy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

You can get a direct bus, the 404 as mentioned. However, it will take some amount of time on occasions like a Friday evening or something. It says a 45 min trip. On some days I imagine it will be double that, if not more.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

(soon to be three) stops in the village, and.

Nice. Where's the new stop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Nice. Where's the new stop?

Outside Lidl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

In general it is best to live on the same side of Galway as you work. Oranmore is lovely but it’s the opposite side of city to Dangan. Newcastle, westside and Bushypark are the closest residential areas to Dangan and most houses in those areas would be within walking distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

boban z wrote: »
    Greetings All,

Moving to Galway at the beginning of September for a new job in Galway Business Park.

Trying to get my head around where to live, transport etc.

Was thinking of looking for something around Oranmore.

Looks like there is a bus (404) that takes me close to where I will be working at Galway Business part.

Is any of you helpful folk familiar with this bus service i.e how long of a commute will it be in the morning and what the frequency of the bus service.

many thanks

Unless you have a great affinity with Oranmore and long bus Journeys, I would try to live on the same side of the city as work.

If you cannot live within walking/cycling distance, then try live on the 404 bus route so no need for changes.

Do you think you will have any car sharing options with your new collegues? Parking on the estate is a bit of a nightmare, and would be worse, but one of the buildings is currently empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

Like a few other posters, try to live on the same side as where you are working, especially if you will be relying on public transport to get to work.

Also, if you don't drive, Oranmore is a terrible place to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Don't forget the train! Less than 10mins into the city regardless of the traffic. Then either bus or bike (city bike?) to Dangan. Fastest option you'll find if you're traveling at busy times and you avoid 1) sitting in a car watching your life pass you bye and 2) the inconsistencies of the bus showing up.

xckjoo wrote: »
    Don't forget the train! Less than 10mins into the city regardless of the traffic. Then either bus or bike (city bike?) to Dangan. Fastest option you'll find if you're traveling at busy times and you avoid 1) sitting in a car watching your life pass you bye and 2) the inconsistencies of the bus showing up.

But the Train Station is not exactly near any housing, so 2 Cycle rides and a train journey, Oranmore might be ok for a city centre job, but not based out in one of the business parks.

• Advertisement

But the Train Station is not exactly near any housing, so 2 Cycle rides and a train journey, Oranmore might be ok for a city centre job, but not based out in one of the business parks.

I bet you it's still the fastest way to commute that route. Ceannt Station-> Dangan is probably ~10-15mins by bike (and a nice route to cycle). Oranmore Station->Oranmore centre is probably ~5mins. Train is <10mins from Oranmore to Galway I think.

So 25-40mins? Probably slower than driving it now, but at peak times that would be quick. It'll be about that every day too so you wont have the normal commute time lottery we get in Galway.

xckjoo wrote: »
    I bet you it's still the fastest way to commute that route. Ceannt Station-> Dangan is probably ~10-15mins by bike (and a nice route to cycle). Oranmore Station->Oranmore centre is probably ~5mins. Train is <10mins from Oranmore to Galway I think.

So 25-40mins? Probably slower than driving it now, but at peak times that would be quick. It'll be about that every day too so you wont have the normal commute time lottery we get in Galway.

Can you take a bike on the train?

Advertisement