Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacted by a debt collector when Electric Ireland hasn't even made contact!

Options
  • 10-08-2018 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Months ago I was in a temporary accommodation with Electric Ireland as supplier for gas and electric. The bills for 2 months were extortionate but I made payment plans to sort both. The electric bill was way too high and when I queried it, the telephone consultant adjusted it down significantly, saying there had been an error in the billing. However, over the next few weeks of making payments, the bills through the door did not reflect this adjustment, only reflecting my regular payments. 

When I called to query, I was always put on hold interminably as no-one knew what I was talking about. The last time I was on hold for half an hour and had to get back to work, so I abandoned the call (which I pay for!). I subsequently paid off my gas bill but not the electric, waiting for EL to make some sort of contact with me. This was around 2 months ago. Absolutely no contact from EL. Next thing is a text from a debt collector for the amount that is in dispute. Nice customer service, EL. My record shows that I paid my gas bill within the agreed time, that I made regular payments towards my electric bill and that I attempted to sort this out with you a number of times. Why would you send my details to a debt collector instead of engaging with me, your customer? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi fletchersound,

Sorry to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience.

If you private message us the relevant Electric Ireland account number, stating that you were the account-holder and confirming your name and the address and telephone number on the account (for security/verification) we will review it as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Una

Advertisement