Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to UK

Options
  • 10-08-2018 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

I'm just looking for some advice on my situation. I am currently thinking about moving to the UK (About an hour outside of London by train) and have a few questions as to what the process involves.
    I want to move there to be with my other half as we are currently flying over and back to see each other which can be very difficult. I am just wondering is it difficult and a long process to get set up with a National Insurance Number and a bank account. Also in regards employment, I am currently working in the Civil Service and am in a position where I can take a career break for a minimum of six months so if things don't work out over there I can come back to my job here in six months. I have been working here for over four years now so have good experience in an office environment and in admin/clerical roles.
    I just have this fear that has always held me back from the move such as what if I get there and am unable to find a decent job. Any advice would be much appreciated

Advertisement