If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atmos receiver and height speakers

Options
  • 10-08-2018 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Currently have a Denon AVR1612 with the boston acoustics soundware xs 5.1. 

I was looking at Denons current line up for the receiver and is there a soundware xs 2.1??? Also in terms of size the AVR 1612 is as big in dimensions as i can go really.

Basically I was looking at some height (not ceiling) mounted speakers that will complement the soundwares. If I could get the soundware ex in 2.1 that would be perfect as I would setup the 2 speakers as the height speakers and add the second sub.. but I cant find them anywhere at a reasonable price. Im not really interested in the upfiring speakers as i havent read great things.

If you could recommend me some other options which could suit my needs that would be great. 

I would have them set up almost directly overhead slightly to the rear of the seating position and pointed at my seating position. 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

tazzzZ wrote: »
    Currently have a Denon AVR1612 with the boston acoustics soundware xs 5.1. 

I was looking at Denons current line up for the receiver and is there a soundware xs 2.1??? Also in terms of size the AVR 1612 is as big in dimensions as i can go really.

Basically I was looking at some height (not ceiling) mounted speakers that will complement the soundwares. If I could get the soundware ex in 2.1 that would be perfect as I would setup the 2 speakers as the height speakers and add the second sub.. but I cant find them anywhere at a reasonable price. Im not really interested in the upfiring speakers as i havent read great things.

If you could recommend me some other options which could suit my needs that would be great. 

I would have them set up almost directly overhead slightly to the rear of the seating position and pointed at my seating position. 
    Hi TazzzZ.

Thanks for the post.

The soundware speakers have been discontinued for many years unfortunately and there never was a replacement.

For Atmos speakers you need to use speakers that are designed for Atmos.
    The speaker must be upwards firing if not fitted in the ceiling.
    Something like the Onkyo SKH410 priced at £109.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200949-skh410.aspx

To add in Heights to try and match the XS the closest would be the Cambridge Min12 priced at £69.95 Each.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201034-black313731.aspx

For the receiver there is the Denon AVRX2400 priced at £325.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13044-avrx2400.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.