Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 Gameweek 1 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

km79 wrote: »
    Llroente was about to come on you would assume for Kane
    But dier now going off with cramp so Tori Amos makes her debut

First woman player in PL history?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ace2007 wrote: »
    First woman player in PL history?

Its the way of the world now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Llroente was about to come on you would assume for Kane
    But dier now going off with cramp so Tori Amos makes her debut

First time a woman takes part in pl match. What a debut!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Except the Chelsea young lad

Also gunarson who was a late call as my 4.5 mid isn't even in the feckin squad
    That's annoying

Hughes starts for Watford. Couldn't risk switching Cairney for him but I'll be monitoring him today

He had a great couple of weeks last year before getting injured but if you look at his previous years stats they’re not great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Nice to see Hamer, Wan-Bissaka and Peltier all start, although I benched them all.

• Advertisement

Yedlin picked up what could be a knee ligament injury
    All subs used

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Is Hamer the presumed first choice so, or does Lossl have an injury issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

Dunno but Lossl is on the bench.

It's going to take something special for me to consider Harry Kane anytime soon
    It was so much less stressful watching a game without him than with him which was bizarre
    He ruined my enjoyment of a lot of games after Xmas last year. Lumbering around like he hadn't seen a football before . Such a weird player as I ahvent said before.
    And now he has rushed back after a world cup that he rushed back from injury for !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

FT 2-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

Lossl is on the bench. Think he started training late due to an injury but fit now. I’d expect him to regain the No1 spot tbh.

It was so much less stressful watching a game without him than with him which was bizarre
    He ruined my enjoyment of a lot of games after Xmas last year. Lumbering around like he hadn't seen a football before . Such a weird player as I ahvent said before.
    And now he has rushed back after a world cup that he rushed back from injury for !!!!

Needs a rest. Won’t happen. New contract. He’s calling the shots. He’ll play as he sees fit. Wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

0 from 0 (no hits)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Needs a rest. Won’t happen. New contract. He’s calling the shots. He’ll play as he sees fit. Wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole.

Especially not when you have the likes of Auba and Aguero for 1.5 cheaper. They're more than capable of matching anything Kane does.

Wasn't he always slow starter?

I will sit back and wait. Not in rush, his yellow only helped to keep his price down.

wonski wrote: »

I will sit back and wait. Not in rush, his yellow only helped to keep his price down.
    He is
    And always slow to recover from injury and regain match fitness
    The problem is he seems to be spending more and more time trying to get match fit than he is match fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

My amateur analysis of that...

Ah Eriksen. 2 pointer. Could've easily had an assist or 2 though.

Kane not fit. I wasn't worried once that he'd score. Miles off the pace.

Alli looked the best Spurs asset from that small sample size of one game. Great runs into the box to get on the end of things. Eriksen will tick along with consistent, but probably not spectacular points over the season.

Moura won't start once Son comes back. In and out of the game too much.

Davinson Sanchez is a beast in the opposing box. Same last season, and has continued into this.

Kenedy looks a great prospect, even with the terrible fixtures. Their most likely by a mile.

Ritchie was very involved, but won't be explosive. Will have similar output to last season IMO.

The Newcastle defence doesn't look great. Dodgy as fúck on crosses in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Eriksen to do the usual 2-3-2-1- Dump him - 14 - resign him -2-1-3-2

Main reason I got him was I wasn't sure about Alli or Kane starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

SlickRic wrote: »
    My amateur analysis of that...

Ah Eriksen. 2 pointer. Could've easily had an assist or 2 though.

Kane not fit. I wasn't worried once that he'd score. Miles off the pace.

Alli looked the best Spurs asset from that small sample size of one game. Eriksen will tick along with consistent, but probably not spectacular points over the season.

Moura won't start once Son comes back. In and out of the game too much.

Davinson Sanchez is a beast in the opposing box. Same last season, and has continued into this.

Kenedy looks a great prospect, even with the terrible fixtures. Their most likely by a mile.

Ritchie was very involved, but won't be explosive. Will have similar output to last season IMO.

The Newcastle defence doesn't look great. Dodgy as fúck on crosses in particular.

This kind of post is great if you haven't had the chance to watch the game.

Maybe an idea goin forward for somebody willing who has watched the game to make a post about it and comment on the fantasy elements of players and form for the game.

I'd participate if I get to see a game and post a review. Our own post match analysis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

wonski wrote: »

Presume you mean up,if he started from a low ownership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Maybe an idea goin forward for somebody willing who has watched the game to make a post about it and comment on the fantasy elements of players and form for the game.

I'd participate if I get to see a game and post a review. Our own post match analysis.

Good idea, maybe in a separate thread though? There's always so many posts in the gameweek thread that it would be easy to miss.

I was going to do it whenever I could. It's a bit of fun too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

That's a full time job right there

Presume you mean up,if he started from a low ownership

He is in 30% of teams now.

With 1 point today we are safe, he might even drop, but doubt it. Gives us one more week to see if he is worth it.

Not looking good after today, but that's understandable.

Good idea, maybe in a separate thread though? There's always so many posts in the gameweek thread that it would be easy to miss.

Yeah definitely in a separate thread or else it gets lost in the spam of general/matchday thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Hamers time in goals could be very short lived if his first contributuion is anything to go by!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Peltier yeltier

begbysback wrote: »
    That's a full time job right there

It would be too much to include say the Saturday games each week but an early/late game Sat followed by a game Sunday and Monday would be much more doable. Especially if it's more than one person reviewing. If you sit down to watch the game, quick review after it. Granted a decent review will take a few minutes to pit together but it's just some added fun for those interested in doing reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Mitrovic close. Hennessy good save.

Advertisement