Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The failure of Irish Media to impartially report

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11 Scammell

If you google “New york times rupert Murdoch” an article from 3rd April 2019 shows up. It’s excellent and worth a read if you have 20 minutes to spare.

I am site precluded from linking as I so rarely post.

The article is about Rupert Murdoch and is very, very good. It, to me, demonstrates how money influences government and its agenda/message etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Scammell wrote: »
    If you google “New york times rupert Murdoch” an article from 3rd April 2019 shows up. It’s excellent and worth a read if you have 20 minutes to spare.

I am site precluded from linking as I so rarely post.

The article is about Rupert Murdoch and is very, very good. It, to me, demonstrates how money influences government and its agenda/message etc.
    Scammell; with one post every three years in the twelve years since you joined, I'd say that's some sort of record for boards.

I'll post the link for you:
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/03/magazine/rupert-murdoch-fox-news-trump.html

It is indeed an eye opener, but not shocking. Here's a snippet:
    "Murdoch began with a small regional paper in Australia, inherited from his father. He quickly expanded the business into a national and then an international force, in part by ruthlessly using his platform to help elect his preferred candidates and then ruthlessly using those candidates to help extend his reach."

It's the classic back scratching that we also see here in Ireland.

A similar story can be told of Ted Turner and his control of CNN, which seems a 24-hour anti-Trump, anti-republican news channel. A catastrophic comet could be heading towards the planet with impact in just 8 hours, and CNN would barely report it in fear for knocking off Trump from its headlines.

Advertisement