Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Leicester - 20:00 - Sky 1, SS Main Event

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

That Philip Schofield ad is pure Partridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Quandary

AidoEirE wrote: »
    For his first introduction Fred has played well imo. Has played some nice passes, tracked back and went on the break.

He has worked hard and is trying to get stuck in alright but he is definitely struggling with the physicality and pace of the game.

It's going to take him a few games to settle in imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Quandary wrote: »
    and pace of the game.

that's it. Like a lot of newcomers to the prem. High tempo, helter skelter.
    He won't be at his best for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Great commitment from Rashford and Mata good link up

Both players Offside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

A confident Sanchez would have zipped away with the ball and looked to get a strike on. Instead he slows down and plays an aimless through ball.

United are badly missing Lukaku. Rashford is looking like Danny Welbeck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Bailly is a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Bailly is a beast.

Good tackle alright

The ref missed the handball penalty this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,006 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The passing ! ! ! Come on guys !

• Advertisement

Carragher giving Gary Neville some serious stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Good work from Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great save from Schmeichel.

Ah lad!

Some save

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Thank f**k England didn't win the thing as Martin Tyler has mentioned the World Cup about 500 times

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hand them the title now.

The skill!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Happy for Shaw...at last.

• Advertisement

Nice finish ! Think Shaw has played well tonight, he’s had to mind but better side winning out, deservedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

United have a very good chance of winning the league this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

That was a lovely goal

United have a very good chance of winning the league this year.

Calm down

Fantastic from Sanchez he is trying

Mathematically Utd can still be caught

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Interesting...

2-1. Vardy scores. Lovely ball from Ricardo Pereira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Push out ffs

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Hilarious watching that little chap try to jostle Fellaini :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Beautiful decisiveness on display at the back there

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Leicester deserved a goal

Puel looks somewhat like a young Johnny Giles

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Calm down

Better chance than people have been giving them credit for, Jose slagging the team off endlessly through pre season has help play down expectations and I can them winning a lot of games early on.

BBC had 20 odd pundits predictions and not one had United finishing in the top 2.

Liverpool have more pressure on them since they've been hyped to death ala England in WC's.

All over. Not a good performance from United. Passing very wayward. But the main thing is all three points secured. Hopefully the team can improve.

Leicester can take plenty of positives from the game. Ricardo already looking like one of the best buys of the summer. Would have liked to see him at United.

Lucky to get the result Leicester deserved a point atleast. Disappointing performance for the most part, certainly our worst of the season.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Lucky to get the result Leicester deserved a point atleast. Disappointing performance for the most part, certainly our worst of the season.

Haha no

Overall, a decent performance, we were comfortable as fûck in possession and every aspect of that game until 15 mins to go when it seems our legs went and we were just hanging on in there. Deserved the win and a solid platform to work from though.

United with a scrappy 3 points but a tricky enough first game back with a depleted first XI. They looked a little less dull going forward though which has to be a big positive. Leicester look to have a bit about them even after losing Mahrez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I enjoyed that game. Man United overall were poor. Darmian is clearly the weak link and was getting absolutely destroyed by Gray in the first half.

I thought Leicester were a clinical finisher away from levelling things up at half time. Ieanacho just doesn't look like he has it in him to lead the line effectively.

Enjoyable game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

That_Guy wrote: »
    I enjoyed that game. Man United overall were poor. Darmian is clearly the weak link and was getting absolutely destroyed by Gray in the first half.

I thought Leicester were a clinical finisher away from levelling things up at half time. Ieanacho just doesn't look like he has it in him to lead the line effectively.

Enjoyable game though.

Am i naive in thinking VAR would have sent off Fred and given Ihneancho at least 1 and possibly 2 pens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Am i naive in thinking VAR would have sent off Fred and given Ihneancho at least 1 and possibly 2 pens

I'd say that is crazy personally but sure, takes all sorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Good 3 points for United. Leicester were well in the game throughout but just didn't have the players to hurt United.

Time running out for Sanchez though, he looks like a pub player. A player who should of made an instant impact but half a season later hasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I don't know about the penalties but the Fred scenario wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for VAR criteria but it doesn't come into play so there's not much point in arguing the point.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Another year same old dodgy desicuons

:D

Welcome back lad

https://twitter.com/CFCMod/status/1028004195381772288

Wouldn't say it is a clear red card, but it is a clear yellow card at the very least. Not that it matter now but Fred does look a bit erratic. That bite is probably something United need though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He could have killed him!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Just can't understand why Sanchez doesn't play on the right. One of my favourite players to watch when on his game but his last season at arsenal and his time at utd playing on the left he just isn't as dangerous. He never used to give the ball away as much as he has done since moving to the left the same thing was happening in his final season at arsenal. Sanchez himself must want to play on the left for some reason but I just don't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Just can't understand why Sanchez doesn't play on the right. One of my favourite players to watch when on his game but his last season at arsenal and his time at utd playing on the left he just isn't as dangerous. He never used to give the ball away as much as he has done since moving to the left the same thing was happening in his final season at arsenal. Sanchez himself must want to play on the left for some reason but I just don't get it.

????

He mostly played on the left at Barca and Arsenal??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

????

He mostly played on the left at Barca and Arsenal??

He watches matches through a mirror

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

That_Guy wrote: »
    I don't know about the penalties but the Fred scenario wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for VAR criteria but it doesn't come into play so there's not much point in arguing the point.

Not arguing......just trying to figure out how much games will change when VAR does actually come in

Advertisement