Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permission problem

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Tommyaya4

Parts of the woods in that area the scouts have always had permission to camp from coillte do depends weather this bivvy was set up in a private feild or a wood adjacent to a private feild

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stonehall9

Tommyaya4 wrote: »
    Parts of the woods in that area the scouts have always had permission to camp from coillte do depends weather this bivvy was set up in a private feild or a wood adjacent to a private feild

Was up there again last night with the landowner, he made a few inquiries about it from some of the locals on the road and according to one man its lads shooting deer who put it up, knew who they were and all so I left it to him to deal with, we didn't knock it down either. He's not a confrontational man so he will just see what the guards can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Stonehall9 wrote: »
    Hi lads, was out walking on a permission I have in county tipp today, in Cahir to be exact , don't shoot it much , once last year , but the thing is today I found what appears to be a home made tent/camp, it's very well put together using forestry timbers and blue tarpaulin, all tied nice with Boy Scout type knots. Would this be a common thing by some deer shooters?? Thing is nobody has permission here but myself and I contacted the landowner straight away and he told me to tear it down that it shouldn't be there. Anybody come across anything like this before??

You won’t cull much deer visiting once a year, at least these lads are making a effort on the deer who are over running the country side. Too much lands tied up with hobby shooters and the deer getting more plentifull.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

You won’t cull much deer visiting once a year, at least these lads are making a effort on the deer who are over running the country side. Too much lands tied up with hobby shooters and the deer getting more plentifull.

Yes. Poachers do us all a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Deer overrunning the countryside... "Haven't seen any deer in ages,all poached out" Between those two broad sweeping statements there is some happy medium.Which of course we won't know,untill NPWS actually does a survey to say yay or nay.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Tommyaya4

Stonehall9 wrote: »
    Was up there again last night with the landowner, he made a few inquiries about it from some of the locals on the road and according to one man its lads shooting deer who put it up, knew who they were and all so I left it to him to deal with, we didn't knock it down either. He's not a confrontational man so he will just see what the guards can do.

Guards in Cahir will do sweet F A we had lads red handed out in Cappa and couldn’t get a guard out reg of jeeps an nothing done

Advertisement