Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Son to someone. Not sure who though. Probably Willian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I thought when he came on he gave the team a huge lift, he nearly made an immediate impact right away with Auba on the left and Laca up top.

I think Emery might start with both of them vs Chelsea

Was going to do Lacazette to Vardy but decided last night to do nothing. I think Chelsea will concede goals and I think both will start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Why is Cairney getting dumped? I presumed people had him for the same reason I did to mostly sit on the bench and maybe have some points the odd time when he's subbed in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

dsmythy wrote: »
    Why is Cairney getting dumped? I presumed people had him for the same reason I did to mostly sit on the bench and maybe have some points the odd time when he's subbed in.

Personally, I'm afraid of him dropping. So why not switch to Neves before his own increase? :pac: :)

My team's in good shape anyway going forward so I can probably bank next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Looks like less price changes this year,there must have ten predicted to rise last night,neves was 200 percent on fffix i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Because Neves got a goal and assist this weekend and there's a lot of knee jerking going on.

Neves managed 7 goals and 1 assist in 42 games last season playing for a team that scored 82 (plus 11 yellows and 1 red).

Cairney beat that 3 seasons in a row.

In answer, no idea why he's being dumped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Did Mata to Richarlison. Flip-flopped between them before the deadline, made the wrong call. With the World Cup players all making earlier than expected returns I'm worried I won't get the time out of Mata I expected. I know Richarlison was struggling at the end of the match but it didn't look too serious and there hasn't been any news since, which I take as good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Happy to keep faith in Fulham. They looked good on Saturday and were unfortunate to lose. Dreadful goalkeeping error for the 2nd and he won't be playing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I don't have sane (for this very reason ) but if I did I'd sell him in a heartbeat
    Why is he any more likely to start next week than this ?
    Sterling trained for a week and started ahead of him ?
    Likely to drop in price which then limits direct swaps etc
    Yes he has a good fixture this week ......but he may not start. Probability points toward not .
    Mane has a worse fixture but is MUCH the better long term pick imo
    I wouldn't think twice about that transfer and it won't be possible without a second transfer for many once mane rises /same falls

Separately these 0.1 changes at this stage of season can be crucial
    I decided to ignore prixe rises/falls last year for the first time

Didn't work out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

will either carry for 2FT or do Cedric/Sane to Mendy/Pogba

• Advertisement

Looks like less price changes this year,there must have ten predicted to rise last night,neves was 200 percent on fffix i think.

Bit early to call that. We'll get a better view tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mokuba wrote: »
    Happy to keep faith in Fulham. They looked good on Saturday and were unfortunate to lose. Dreadful goalkeeping error for the 2nd and he won't be playing again.

Have no idea how Mike Dean of all refs didn't award that stonewall pen
    Would have been nice to see if Cairney is indeed on pens even if he was on my bench !
    Have a feeling mitrovic will be though
    He looked quite good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

km79 wrote: »
    Have no idea how Mike Dean of all refs didn't award that stonewall pen
    Would have been nice to see if Cairney is indeed on pens even if he was on my bench !
    Have a feeling mitrovic will be though
    He looked quite good too

Yeah, although they have Tottenham away up next, I fancy them to get motoring very soon in terms of FPL points.

More than anything I think that game showed how good a job Roy Hodgson is currently doing at Crystal Palace.

I know people are downgrading Cairney to Neves, but that is a crazy transfer IMO. Neves got like 1 assist all last season. Saturday was very likely a huge outlier into how his FPL scoring will go.

Some serious knee jerk going on.

Mokuba wrote: »
    Yeah, although they have Tottenham away up next, I fancy them to get motoring very soon in terms of FPL points.

More than anything I think that game showed how good a job Roy Hodgson is currently doing at Crystal Palace.

I know people are downgrading Cairney to Neves, but that is a crazy transfer IMO. Neves got like 1 assist all last season. Saturday was very likely a huge outlier into how his FPL scoring will go.

Some serious knee jerk going on.

And there fixtures are far from ideal. Don't think they'll get as much joy from others as an newish Everton team down to 10 men early.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Pippool23

Had a poor first week so have gone Sane to KDB, hopefully will yield a few more points this week

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Had a good start so not planning on anything drastic (or anything at all ideally)…but one glaring concern is Lacazette.

Had a hunch that he and Arsenal would hit the ground running but it seems that he’s super low on confidence and Arsenal will be work in progress for a while.

Tempted to bring in Vardy, thought Leicester looked decent on Friday night – the 0.5m would be handy as well elsewhere

Had pretty much the same thought process today re lazcazette and vardy pretty good run of fixtures coming up also

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

Pippool23 wrote: »
    Had a poor first week so have gone Sane to KDB, hopefully will yield a few more points this week

Unless there has been a falling out with Pep I would expect Sane to start and score next weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

What is peoples reasoning that Sane will start next week?

Pep indicated all pre season that it would be Sane starting GW1 and turns out it didn't happen. No reason to suggest Sane will be starting next week that i've seen?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

RisingDamp wrote: »
    Unless there has been a falling out with Pep I would expect Sane to start and score next weekend

Don't bet on it. Mendy is bossing the left side and Pep criticized Sane's conditioning on return from holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

My only fear is Aguero being rotated. So hard to take him out with those fixtures though. Will give him will GW3 or 4 and then possibly Kane in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Whats the thoughts on Hudson Odi? A busted flush.
    If he was to head towards a drop I think I'd offload

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Green&Red wrote: »

Injured before the game so no telling if he was to start or not.

Green&Red wrote: »

I have him. Will 100% hold on to him until I need to use a FT or until his price is about to drop.

I just hoped he’d be involved and maybe get a price rise but he’s dead to me and for Chalobah as soon as he’s available.

Injured before the game so no telling if he was to start or not.

I didn't see that anywhere, good to know. I wouldn't like to risk losing 0.1m on him though

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JayJoe1990

I remember there used to be a chart going around of which clubs linked in well with each other for home/away fixtures. Was handy to choose to cheap keepers/defenders and rotate for the home fixture each week. Does anyone know if there's one around for this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Not think he was promising? Should of had a pen & unlucky not to score.

I’m giving him to GW3

As the dust settles think I'll do the same, his heat map showed he was playing almost CF beside Mitrovic - he is moving quite steadily towards a drop so hope it doesn't happen before the weekend.

The two players I'm not fully happy with are Schurrle & King: will give it a week and then can get 2 of Bernard, Siggy, Niasse, Ramsey, Mhki, Maddison, Sessegnon, Pedro, Ings etc etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Think I may have to bite the bullet and get Mendy in for Cook. I had planned to bank this week and evaluate PEA

Davidson Sanchez is a player I’ll be keeping an eye on. ProbBly not for this week with a London derby and united away the following week but from all accounts he was bombing forward

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

JayJoe1990 wrote: »
    I remember there used to be a chart going around of which clubs linked in well with each other for home/away fixtures. Was handy to choose to cheap keepers/defenders and rotate for the home fixture each week. Does anyone know if there's one around for this year?

https://www.the12thman.in/fantasy-premier-league-201819-guide-part-2-how-to-pick-defenders/

Perhaps it's not the one you had in mind but should do the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Pippool23

Have brought in KDB. Had left 0.5 mil in the bank to do this from Sane. Didn't think I would change by week 2 but don't trust Pep to give him as much game time as I thought he would get

Advertisement