Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Although, who was it last year that never dropped? Was it Salah?

Salah it was. There was some jiggery pokery with flags changing several times in one day which likely had the effect of changing the thresholds required for Salah to drop. Still annoyed over that as I sold him expecting to be able to buy him back a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Debating Sanchez to anyone. Couldn't get over how poor he was last week. Might ship him and lascelles for bilva and Mendy. Or maybe maddison in for Sanchez and Kane in for tosun

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Already done Jota to Richarlison but running scared of Mendy.

He was in all my drafts until I decided to hold off cause away to Arsenal & get later date.

So it’s either Arnie to Ings & Daniels to Mendy

Or

Schurrle to Bench Fodder & Daniels to Mendy.

Not taking out Robbo or Coleman

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Roonbox wrote: »
    Oh Man

I wouldn't worry about that. He has plenty of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I think I'll bank. At least that was the plan originally anyway. Gunnarsson being injured throws a slight spanner in the works. Will hold off a while to see if he will drop before the deadline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

How nailed on is Luke Shaw now, I was going to transfer him in but it's hard to know with Jose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

fennor72 wrote: »
    How nailed on is Luke Shaw now, I was going to transfer him in but it's hard to know with Jose

When Ashley young is back fit / rested from world cup could easily be rotating risk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Whats the thinking with those moves.

I want to shoehorn Lovren into my defence but don't want 2 Livepool at the back - I expect Everton to be solid defensively and Pickford will play every game and get lots of save points

Apart from Pogba, I see Fred as being their only guaranteed starter in Midfield. And he's cheap. An experiment, if she works she works

Shaw will be first choice if he can stay fit, Arsenals defence is muck and I can't have a fella who dresses like this in my team

:p

[IMG][/img]Optimized-Bellerin.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm debating Sanchez to Bilva now with that KDB news.

On another day he would have had 3 assists, if Lukaku and Mata could finish their dinner.

Sanchez has always given the ball away loads, but he is getting in the right positions. I'm holding for now

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

I want to shoehorn Lovren into my defence but don't want 2 Livepool at the back - I expect Everton to be solid defensively and Pickford will play every game and get lots of save points

Lovern is out indefinitely, probably a month at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Did Sanchez to Kdb the other day.....bit by it now.... have the funds for any midfielder pretty much....Bilva prob safest bet to sort out this weeks woes....will cost 4pts but City will prob score well this week.

Any sign of David Silva back in training?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

ScummyMan wrote: »
    On another day he would have had 3 assists, if Lukaku and Mata could finish their dinner.

Sanchez has always given the ball away loads, but he is getting in the right positions. I'm holding for now

Second half was more encouraging
    Lack of goal threat from him though
    Will be holding for now all the same especially with kdb gone as an option
    Mane the most likely target ahead of Brighton game as united have spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I only have Aguero against Huddersfield, so considering Sanchez to B. Silva as well. But I know if I do that I'll be tempted to upgrade one of my cheap defenders to Mendy for a -4. Hopefully bank and review next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

tailgunner wrote: »
    I only have Aguero against Huddersfield, so considering Sanchez to B. Silva as well. But I know if I do that I'll be tempted to upgrade one of my cheap defenders to Mendy for a -4. Hopefully bank and review next week.

I’d do this move for a -4 this week. They’ll outscore your current players

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ScummyMan wrote: »

Ive decided to hold but ill be selling next gw if sanchez is stuck out so wide on the left again. I associate sanchez with goals and I just dont see him worth the 10.5 if he continues on the left. I looked up Bilva 1 shot and no chances created so will wait to see what happens this week. We still have Dilva to come back into the mix aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ive decided to hold but ill be selling next gw if sanchez is stuck out so wide on the left again. I associate sanchez with goals and I just dont see him worth the 10.5 if he continues on the left. I looked up Bilva 1 shot and no chances created so will wait to see what happens this week. We still have Dilva to come back into the mix aswell.

I got rid before price rises

For me its more Bilva and Firmino vs King and Sanchez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Can we discuss draft trades here?

I am try to swap my Sanchez and Morata for their KDB and Aguero.... yay or nay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Can we discuss draft trades here?

I am try to swap my Sanchez and Morata for their KDB and Aguero.... yay or nay?

Best to set up a different thread for that I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Should I dump Sané already? Seems out of favour with Pep at the moment. Have already used this weeks FT so would have to take a -4. Have 1m in the bank so 10.5m to play with if I sell.. think Bernardo Silva or Richarlison possibly. Have Mané, Sánchez, Ozil and Neves currently aswell. Downgrading to 1 of the 2 mentioned would allow me to upgrade a striker.. have firminho, lacazette and kamara up top. Lacazette being on the bench last week has put doubts in my head about him. Could even keep him and upgrade kamara to a Zaha / Arnie type..

So many decisions after 1 gameweek!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

DiscoStew wrote: »
    Should I dump Sané already? Seems out of favour with Pep at the moment. Have already used this weeks FT so would have to take a -4.
    Even if Sane doesn't start, he will surely get on before the end. You would need to be confident that whoever you bring in will get at least 6 for you to make a points gain after the extra transfer.

I have Sané and have convinced myself that the injury to KdB will have hammered home the need for proper rest after a long WC to Pep and that Sterling will be rested against Hud. Had to find something to talk myself out of taking a -4 as I didn't have a great first week and can't afford the hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JayJoe1990

If you guys had wildcarded, what are the main players you would make sure to transfer in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Asking for a friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

JayJoe1990 wrote: »
    If you guys had wildcarded, what are the main players you would make sure to transfer in?

Hart ,Mendy, salah, Fraser, ings, eriksen or alli ,Robertson , firmino or mane, bilva, wan bissaka.

Gonna be a lot of similar teams with all the advice that is being sought on who to pick for their own team.

Reckon the paid leagues will be even closer this season with everyone following the advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Gonna be a lot of similar teams with all the advice that is being sought on who to pick for their own team.

Reckon the paid leagues will be even closer this season with everyone following the advice.

Is it really different to any other season? People have always come here for advice, because it's a cracking forum and we have great players who are generous with their knowledge. I'd hate to see us become a closed shop tbh.

2nd row donkey somehow managed to really really like that post.

I know and I’m not stingy with my opinion but ‘what should I do ......’ has always grated with me.

I suppose I hate to think all my hard work is negated by ‘who do I ........ ?’

I do think it is more fun to call your own shots and learn from your own mistakes.

But yeah, you’re right, I do go on a bit about it.

That and people crying about ‘I was gonna’ and when, for example, they own Robertson but Moreno starts and assists you get ‘that would have been my player’.

Hey. **** it. I’m practising being a grump for when I get even older.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

2nd row donkey somehow managed to really really like that post.

I know and I’m not stingy with my opinion but ‘what should I do ......’ has always grated with me.

I suppose I hate to think all my hard work is negated by ‘who do I ........ ?’

I do think it is more fun to call your own shots and learn from your own mistakes.

But yeah, you’re right, I do go on a bit about it.

That and people crying about ‘I was gonna’ and when, for example, they own Robertson but Moreno starts and assists you get ‘that would have been my player’.

Hey. **** it. I’m practising being a grump for when I get even older.

Playing fantasy football since the mid 90's and always picked my own teams. Don't mind people asking for advice but the fun of it is working it out yourself.
    When your team does well then it is far more satisfying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

claw wrote: »
    Playing fantasy football since mid the 90's and always picked my own teams. Don't mind people asking for advice but the fun of it is working it out yourself.
    When your team does well then it is far more satisfying!

There will be nothing more satisfying than siggys hat trick of set piece goals this

It made absolutely no sense to pay the extra million for him and then be stuck with a 5ml fourth mid
    But I did anyway !
    Why ?
    For the fun of it as you said

I'll sell him soon though if he doesn't score
    Probably ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

km79 wrote: »
    There will be nothing more satisfying than siggys hat trick of set piece goals this

It made absolutely no sense to pay the extra million for him and then be stuck with a 5ml fourth mid
    But I did anyway !
    Why ?
    For the fun of it as you said

I'll sell him soon though if he doesn't score
    Probably ;)

At least you are doing something different, most people will just put in Richarlison. I don't have any Everton players for what it's worth :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Likely gonna transfer Sanchez out and get in a City mid (Bilva seems most nailed on of the AMs) or else get Mane in along with Salah for double Pool.

Think with city's fixtures i'll go for Bilva and free up cash for next week's transfer into Aguero.

Advertisement