Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I was debating Cairney -> Neves V banking for a couple of days.
    Took too long and missed the price rise, even though I was following the price rises! Schoolboy error.

Banking it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

FitzShane wrote: »
    I was debating Cairney -> Neves V banking for a couple of days.
    Took too long and missed the price rise, even though I was following the price rises! Schoolboy error.

Banking it is.

You're better off banking at this stage. I actually did that move but is was before Neves' rise, plus there were murmurs of Cairney falling.

Cairney looks pretty safe now so, for you, there's definitely more value in having two transfers next week than going ahead with that transfer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

km79 wrote: »
    There will be nothing more satisfying than siggys hat trick of set piece goals this

It made absolutely no sense to pay the extra million for him and then be stuck with a 5ml fourth mid
    But I did anyway !
    Why ?
    For the fun of it as you said

I'll sell him soon though if he doesn't score
    Probably ;)

I too threw the extra million at Siggy.
    He is going to reward us this weekend.
    I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

What's the prediction for Utds defence on Sunday?
    Darmian Bailly Lindelof Shaw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

2nd row donkey somehow managed to really really like that post.

I know and I’m not stingy with my opinion but ‘what should I do ......’ has always grated with me.

I suppose I hate to think all my hard work is negated by ‘who do I ........ ?’

I do think it is more fun to call your own shots and learn from your own mistakes.

But yeah, you’re right, I do go on a bit about it.

That and people crying about ‘I was gonna’ and when, for example, they own Robertson but Moreno starts and assists you get ‘that would have been my player’.

Hey. **** it. I’m practising being a grump for when I get even older.

I understand to an extent, I get why people get frustrated when it becomes a one-way street of contribution. But I guess that comes with being a friendly, welcoming forum and I'd hate for that to not be the case anymore.

I have to agree with the 'I was gonna...' although sometimes I really have to stop myself from doing it too because that's what this game does to you on almost a weekly basis!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

What's that now?

(I use the app and the thanking/un-tanking is always a struggle)

Edit. Nevermind. I see now that I thanked it twice. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DaMorganator

There is massive hype about Neves but realistically he won't be getting near those GW points for the rest of the season. He got 6 goals and 1 assist in the championship last season. Not exactly a player I'd be rushing to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ricky is fit.

Will bank so.

No transfer is worth it IMO.

Foster
    Mendy Robertson Peltier
    Salah Mané Eriksen Fraser Richarlison
    Aguero Zaha

Fabianski WanB Kamara Hoedt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

What's the prediction for Utds defence on Sunday?
    Darmian Bailly Lindelof Shaw?
    Young could possibly start right back if he is anyway fit
    Darmian was utter poison the last night and is still looking for a move away
    Other 3 should be safe with lindelof the least secure of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

SlickRic wrote: »
    Ricky is fit.

Will bank so.

No transfer is worth it IMO.

Foster
    Mendy Robertson Peltier
    Salah Mané Eriksen Fraser Richarlison
    Aguero Zaha

Fabianski WanB Kamara Hoedt

Nice team. And 2 FT to keep it nice next week. Nice position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Who would replace Lindelof? Smalling or Jones maybe?

Who would replace Lindelof? Smalling or Jones maybe?
    Both are back I think
    Italian transfer window closes tonight at 7pm for darmian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Hadnt banked on Peyrera returning a haul and had Doucoure whos now tf out for Richarlinson. 3 home games in 4 so rather be a johnny come lately than not have him at all. Saints team is shocking. Ings, too much hype, will get less than 10 goals this year. Actually backed Hughes to be first manager out and them to go down. Their 7 foot Viking CB wont save them either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

There is massive hype about Neves but realistically he won't be getting near those GW points for the rest of the season. He got 6 goals and 1 assist in the championship last season. Not exactly a player I'd be rushing to get.
    6 goals and 1 assist at 20 years old. 
    He'll get better and better as he ages, looks like he'll be involved in anything Wolves do and at 5.0m i don't see better options that'll play every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

6 goals and 1 assist at 20 years old. 
    He'll get better and better as he ages, looks like he'll be involved in anything Wolves do and at 5.0m i don't see better options that'll play every week.

Is he going to age rapidly this season? Be interesting to see his score versus the same priced, consistent, and still only 27 year old Cairney come season's end. Maybe this year will be Neves' and I'll have to catch up. We should find out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DaMorganator

dsmythy wrote: »
    Is he going to age rapidly this season? Be interesting to see his score versus the same priced, consistent, and still only 27 year old Cairney come season's end. Maybe this year will be Neves' and I'll have to catch up. We should find out soon.

My thoughts exactly. He is an excellent prospect not doubt but Cairney or even Ralls who takes all Cardiff set pieces could both yield more points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I would have liked to have Bilva before he rose in price.
    I'll get him after this week if he does the business again. Morata has to show some form this week or he'll be out along with Jota for Bilva and one of the 7 mill forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Only transfer I would make would be Sane - Bilva but knowing my luck Sane will start and get a hat trick, so banking this week with just 2 changes Peltier in for Wan B and Mhiki in for Ings

Edit
    Now have Kun fear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

Only transfer I would make would be Sane - Bilva but knowing my luck Sane will start and get a hat trick, so banking this week with just 2 changes Peltier in for Wan B and Mhiki in for Ings

Edit
    Now have Kun fear

How you manage that? Mhiki - Mid, Ings - Forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Invincible wrote: »
    How you manage that? Mhiki - Mid, Ings - Forward
    I think he means from the sub bench, rather than transfers in.

• Advertisement

I think he means from the sub bench, rather than transfers in.

Ah right, I misread it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Really in two minds on what to do with Sanchez.

They've a decent fixture v Brighton and he will certainly play. Options are to switch to mane to take advantage of a decent fixture plus his price increase. Or Bilva who will likely start against a poor huddersfield. Or bank.

Decisions!

VW 1 wrote: »
    Really in two minds on what to do with Sanchez.

They've a decent fixture v Brighton and he will certainly play. Options are to switch to mane to take advantage of a decent fixture plus his price increase. Or Bilva who will likely start against a poor huddersfield. Or bank.

Decisions!
    Bank
    Couple of teams with decent fixtures from gw 3 on
    You will have gray flexibilty with 2 FT and basically a choice of any midfielder

Thinking of Lacazette to Vardy for this week and reverse next.
    What ye say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Invincible wrote: »
    Thinking of Lacazette to Vardy for this week and reverse next.
    What ye say?

Go for it. It's the start of the season and if the rest of your team is OK, then you're allowed a little flutter. I took a chance last week with Son. It backfired but it could've gone the other way. Thing is, the rest of the team are solid so transferring him out wasn't a problem. Same applies here really.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

A forward for 7.9 or less?

It really does feel like slim pickings! To early in the season to decide, not sure any of them particularly excite me. The irrational happy go lucky idiot in me would pick Rondon but like even I know that's likely doomed to fail, and we're not in GW30 and all that can be achieved is going down in flames. Already have King.

There's a forward out there this weekend that will do goals, but who is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

It really does feel like slim pickings! To early in the season to decide, not sure any of them particularly excite me. The irrational happy go lucky idiot in me would pick Rondon but like even I know that's likely doomed to fail, and we're not in GW30 and all that can be achieved is going down in flames. Already have King.

Tosun

All this aguero rested talk has me debating Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Tosun

All this aguero rested talk has me debating Kane.

Already have Richy and Coleman, feel 3 Everton could be dangerous yet in the price range he does stand out.

You'd look like a genius if Kane broke his duck but I'd imagine he's more likely to break his arse between the August hoodoo and not really being fit. He should have just taken a proper break! Think I'd rather keep Aguero another week and see what happens. Auba could be a better option in a weeks time if Sergio is relegated to the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have you Zaha? Regret not starting with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I'd also recommend Zaha. Has gotten a couple of assists against them in his last 3/4 games. Missed one of last years games thru injury.

*By "them" I mean Pool of course.

Advertisement