Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Diet

• 10-08-2018 7:42pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, looking for some dietary advice. I run for health and fitness and over the summer I have been running more as the weather has been so good. I dont do huge mileage but I do run regularly.

However my weight has dropped that its being commented on. I don't do resistance training (I used to but find it incredibly dull) so I am quite lean.

Looking for advice on diet. I guess I need to increase calorie intake but at the same time dont want to go mad with carbs or unhealthy food. What do peeps recommend to keep weight up without jeopardising diet quality and maintaining good health?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Simples, just eat more of what you are eating already, increase portion size or add in healthy snacks between meals. It's a simple case of burning more calories than consuming. Try the myfitnesspal app which is good for tracking calories (works for keeping up weight as well as losing it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

As long as you're feeling fit, healthy and energetic then I wouldn't worry too much about other people's observations.

If it's a case where you start feeling lethargic, sleep goes haywire etc. then you might need to adjust things.

Some running specific weight training and core work won't do any harm either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Roman Runner

Well, you started running more thus spending more calories. You didn't adjus your diet and lost some weight (hopefuly fat). I'd suggest increasing calorie intake 5-10% . As Slow_Runner said sneaking snack between meals should do it.

Advertisement