Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on where in Dublin to live

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Mate, theres plenty of house shares within your budget.
    To be honest if your house/apartment sharing i recommend staying central.
    Youll never have to wait on public transport or spend a cent on it.
    I am from Artane but I lived on Amien street (city centre) temporarily for 6 months working beside store street and not having to wait on public transport was the best thing ever walking to work everyday and going for drinks at night was so easy and cheap.
    So much time/money saved.
    If its an extra 100 quid its worth it. In the long run it wont work out much cheaper living further out.
    And the time you save waiting on buses/sitting in traffic is priceless.

Dublin city centre is small so everything will be within walking distance heres a few options.

https://www.daft.ie/dublin/house-share/dublin-1/7-blessington-court-dublin-1-dublin-1032391/
    https://www.daft.ie/dublin/flat-to-share/dublin-2/2-capel-street-dublin-2-dublin-1032574/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Plenty out D15 way in that budget too
    Train and bus routes into Dublin are decent enough and its very reasonable cycle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Avoid Dublin 1, it is really poor and not nice to live in. It is genuinely unsafe even during the day and even the IFSC area at night is dodgy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Deviso

Loughc wrote: »
    North Dublin, Baldoyle, Sutton, Portmarnock, Howth and Malahide all nice areas but like most places in Dublin quite pricey.

I live in Baldoyle and I absolute love it. Although if I had the money I'd love to live in Malahide.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Deviso wrote: »
    I live in Baldoyle and I absolute love it. Although if I had the money I'd love to live in Malahide.

Wouldn't we all haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement