Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inaccurate balance. Now worried I’ll be left penniless on Monday.

Options
  • 10-08-2018 9:46pm

Just transferred 100 out of my pay/direct deposit account to my debit card/spending one, checked the balance and now both of them are far above where they were earlier today. I’m worried it might be an error and I might overspend, and even if i haven’t I wanted to make decisions about my actions between now & next payday, which i can’t do if I don’t have an accurate idea of the amount of money I have available to me. Is there a certain time of the day/week I need to steer clear of my account and/or avoid spending, and will I be charged if there is a discrepancy on Monday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi SeaSlacker,

Thanks for your post.

From viewing the time of your post, you may have been logged in while the systems were updating transactions. When this happens your transactions can appear to be duplicated however, if you log back in a short time later this will be resolved.

Thanks
    Tara

Unfortunately that is exactly what has happened. I am not able to replenish the previous account, but it will be refilled on my next payday. In the meantime I am able to make do with what I have in hand. Is there a time of day/week that I need to be aware these updates are taking place, and can avoid overusing the account at those times? Will I be charged for this overdraft until payday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi SeaSlacker,

Late in the evening, usually between 9 and 10, our systems update and this can cause transactions to temporarily duplicate.
    This only lasts for the update and your account should be back to normal afterwards.

Many thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement