Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Single heating zone or dual zone in new house

• 10-08-2018 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all,

Apologies if this is a very stupid question. But we've just bought a house for my mother and i'm getting Hive out to install heating controls in it. And they are asking me is it single or dual zone heating.

Is there an easy way to find this out? There are 2 thermostats in the house (one in the hall and one in the main bedroom) if that's an indicator of 2 zones or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

CBTC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Hi all,

Apologies if this is a very stupid question. But we've just bought a house for my mother and i'm getting Hive out to install heating controls in it. And they are asking me is it single or dual zone heating.

Is there an easy way to find this out? There are 2 thermostats in the house (one in the hall and one in the main bedroom) if that's an indicator of 2 zones or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

CBTC

That would indicate 3 zones
    What type of time clock/programmer is there how many zones on it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

It is more dependant on what TIMER you have now.

So, where you turn on your heating is it:

1 switch and both heat and hot water come on (Hive single zone)
    2 switches, one for heating and one for separate hot water (Hive dual zone)
    3 switches, one for upstairs heating, one for downstairs heating, one for hot water (Hive multizone)

If in any doubt, post a pic of your timer control here.

Advertisement