Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fpl Price Changes 2018/2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I do think it's a little more transparent than it used to be but it still has flaws. First game of the season Liverpool destroyed a very poor West Ham team at Anfield and they gave a BP to the goalie. Stats can sometimes tell a different story if you want them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,563 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I always thought this about the bonus point system. You can't tell me whatever panel come up with the allocation aren't influenced by who's in their team. It's a small thing but the outrage I sometimes feel on a Saturday afternoon is beyond belief.

Same with this, can't even make sense of the price tracker.

There is no panel for bps, hasn't been for years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Back to price change discussion.
    This is not the thread to discuss BPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Wan Bissaka up to 4.3

Struggling to find a better FPL bargain in recent years. Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

KevIRL wrote: »
    5 up, none down. Mendy dropping is amazing

What's amazing about it out of interest? He's been over 100% both times, and was well over 100% for his first drop, it seems to be business as usual?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm keeping him unless it's a long term injury. He'll be a nice diffential at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

km79 wrote: »
    Can not believe Mendy dropped sgain

considering the Richarlison nonsense, it is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

What's amazing about it out of interest? He's been over 100% both times, and was well over 100% for his first drop, it seems to be business as usual?

Without looking back over all drops I can’t think of a single player that dropped twice in price so quickly this season
    A third drop looks a certainty as well

Richarlison hovered around 100% for 2 weeks before dropping once

As others have mentioned cause of what happened with Richarlison.

It's amazing for me personally as I gambled taking him out last Friday and he's dropped twice since then. One more drop and he'll be back down to what I sold him at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I think that the difference in the price changes behaviour between those 2 is due to their GW1 ownsership and their peak ownership.

Richarlison had about twice Mendy GW1 ownership. Then their ownership increased heavily. Ricky got his peak in GW3 but less than 3 times his GW1 ownership while Mendy saw his GW1 ownership multiplied by more than 5 by GW5.
    And we know "the more increased the starting price the "more sensitive" the price drop". Add into the equation a lot of GW4 WC (when Ricky was massively sold) and very few WC currently (when Mendy's dropping) and I think we may find this situation not as crazy as it looks like at first glance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

I bought Mendy at 6.1, sold him when he was 6.5 so if he drops again I have made a profit. Happy not to have him for the next 2 weeks, he isn't likely to play next weekend and I wouldn't play him away to Liverpool considering City's record there.

Without looking back over all drops I can’t think of a single player that dropped twice in price so quickly this season

The Richarlison thing was very peculiar but there seems to be an expectation that it will happen again with Mendy for some reason. His transfers out seem to be justifying him dropping so quickly, there was a complete Mendy firesale on the Friday in particular.

iroced wrote: »
    I think that the difference in the price changes behaviour between those 2 is due to their GW1 ownsership and their peak ownership.

Richarlison had about twice Mendy GW1 ownership. Then their ownership increased heavily. Ricky got his peak in GW3 but less than 3 times his GW1 ownership while Mendy saw his GW1 ownership multiplied by more than 5 by GW5.
    And we know "the more increased the starting price the "more sensitive" the price drop". Add into the equation a lot of GW4 WC (when Ricky was massively sold) and very few WC currently (when Mendy's dropping) and I think we may find this situation not as crazy as it looks like at first glance.

Good points. Thinking about it recently, I'm not sure how big an impact the WC transfers would have on a given day. The most recent week only had 225k wildcards played which is about 4% of owners. In the case of Mendy, 70% of these people probably didn't even have him, and a decent chunk of the ones that did may not have wanted to get rid of him due to the ambiguity around his injury and to avoid losing value buying and selling him back in. Factor in that not everyone is activating their WC on the same day means you'll have Mendy WC transfers being staggered throughout the week, a few thousand here and there. That volume of WC transfers is a drop in the ocean for a guy haemmoraghing transfers at close to 15k an hour.

Great analysis, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

This kind of analysis is why I love this forum. Learn so much about aspects of the game that go over my head or that I've little knowledge of.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Possibly one of the main factors what that when Richarlison was suspended was when a huge proportion of the masses were wildcarding in the couple of weeks after and around the IB.

A lot are selling Mendy using regular transfers.

Also as Rich was a mid price option it was easier to hold him for a week if you had other priorities. It's harder to manage a 6m plus defender on your bench than a 6.5m mid.

Or this. :)

Hadn't read this far. Iroced had it covered already.

Wan Bissaka up to 4.3

Struggling to find a better FPL bargain in recent years. Legend

S
    G
    B

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

FHFC wrote: »
    S
    G
    B

:)

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭deadlineday

?

Sexy georgie boyd

Kane @ 4.8 was the greatest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭McBain11

KevIRL wrote: »
    Kane @ 4.8 was the greatest

Was it the 2014/15 season where Kane hit his first big tally of 21 PL goals that he was 4.8 at some point?

Just checking Kanes history and I see his value at 6m for 2014/15 - I presume that was the price he finished the season at?

Sexy georgie boyd

I was going for Super but that works too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Matty Ryan of Brighton is -99 with two red arrows. How likely is he to drop in price, and when, roughly? Would love to swap him for Begovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Matty Ryan of Brighton is -99 with two red arrows. How likely is he to drop in price, and when, roughly? Would love to swap him for Begovic.
    It might require another failed clean sheet this weekend. I will be looking to bring him in in the next week or two, particularly at 4.4, Brighton have a good run of fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

UP:

hqdefault-1.jpg

Gundogan

DOWN:

nasa-rocket-launch-high-quality-6.jpg.

Townsend
    Arnautovic
    Bailly
    Joel Ward
    Rondon
    Fabri