Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlewellan Park, Celbridge

Options
  • 11-08-2018 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. Anyone looking at this new development in Celbridge? We just registered interest in this yesterday.

Anyone know details of Phases and when they will start selling? Looks like it might be selling in 3 based on the site plans but I am not sure on this.

Any ideas of prices too?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

First phase gone already. 4 beds were 450 k ish. I'll dig out the price list tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

4 bed semi 452950 or 512950 (!)
    5 bed semi 504950
    3 bed semi 395500 or 404950
    3 bed town house 339500 or 369950
    4 bed detected 554950.

They are the prices from phase one so assume a 10 k increase all over for phase 2. Very pricey in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Very pricey in my opinion.

prices in Celbridge have been odd for quite some time

different estates can be considerably more expensive (even for same size/roomed house)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Riskymove wrote: »
    prices in Celbridge have been odd for quite some time

different estates can be considerably more expensive (even for same size/roomed house)

This isn't that much of a mystery I think... I know for example there can be a 100k gap between two detached 4 beds. But the lower price 4 beds are older style builds. They may have been built in the 90s but they used the same designs as the 70s, these were all built by the same developer (Beatty Park, Grove, Vanessa Lawns, Dara Court, Willowbrook, Ballygoran, Thornhill etc.. etc..)

When we were moving, our old house was built in the 1970s.. we walked in to view one built in the 90s and it was the exact same. They were built as cheap as possible IMO - internal walls upstairs aren't even stud walls and only 1 inch thick, no architraving, built with 9 inch blocks with plasterboard dabbed on. Methods that very outdated by that time.

Apart from that, some estates are more desirable than others.. that is the same everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

Viewing tomorrow 11am to 1pm.
    https://www.daft.ie/kildare/new-homes-for-sale/castlewellan-park-celbridge-kildare-112719/
    One lady is sitting in her car outside the gate already now.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Shandon

mloc123 wrote: »
    This isn't that much of a mystery I think... I know for example there can be a 100k gap between two detached 4 beds. But the lower price 4 beds are older style builds. They may have been built in the 90s but they used the same designs as the 70s, these were all built by the same developer (Beatty Park, Grove, Vanessa Lawns, Dara Court, Willowbrook, Ballygoran, Thornhill etc.. etc..)

When we were moving, our old house was built in the 1970s.. we walked in to view one built in the 90s and it was the exact same. They were built as cheap as possible IMO - internal walls upstairs aren't even stud walls and only 1 inch thick, no architraving, built with 9 inch blocks with plasterboard dabbed on. Methods that very outdated by that time.

Apart from that, some estates are more desirable than others.. that is the same everywhere.

What would you class as the more desirable ones? Serious difference in demographics from one side of the bridge to the other. Far more young kids the hazelhatch side.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Shandon wrote: »
    What would you class as the more desirable ones? Serious difference in demographics from one side of the bridge to the other. Far more young kids the hazelhatch side.

IMO... and this is just my opinion (but prices reflect it also), slightly older, smaller, more mature estates generally are more sought after.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 62429268

Anyone have any idea what the demand was like in the second phase? I know only about 12 houses were released but just curious. Would also appreeciate any feedback from those who bought in the first phase, they were due to be ready end of August, but didnt seem to have been lived in by the day of the second launch? I see some cars in the driveways now, with security on the gate, but was just wondering was there any significant delays?

Hi guys. Anyone looking at this new development in Celbridge? We just registered interest in this yesterday.

Anyone know details of Phases and when they will start selling? Looks like it might be selling in 3 based on the site plans but I am not sure on this.

Any ideas of prices too?

Did you go ahead in the first phase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Anyone know when the show houses are open again?

Anyone know when the show houses are open again?

Its a smallish development, so they may not do a full viewing again until phase 3 is launched, best off to contact the agents in Celbridge and see can they let you in at a time that suits you. There are three full show-house so if you are genuinely interested i'm sure they will facilitate you in viewing.

Would love to speak to someone who bought a 3 bed in the first phase re how they got on, measurements, floors etc. We are furniture shopping but its hard to know if stuff will fit properly etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

62429268 wrote: »
    Its a smallish development, so they may not do a full viewing again until phase 3 is launched, best off to contact the agents in Celbridge and see can they let you in at a time that suits you. There are three full show-house so if you are genuinely interested i'm sure they will facilitate you in viewing.

Would love to speak to someone who bought a 3 bed in the first phase re how they got on, measurements, floors etc. We are furniture shopping but its hard to know if stuff will fit properly etc.

Thanks for the info:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vovaturman

Does anyone know whether kitchen appliances included in the price?

vovaturman wrote: »
    Does anyone know whether kitchen appliances included in the price?

99% certain they are not, not specifically worded in their brochure, and estate agent said no, but we know estate agents are not to be relied on!
    If you have any other info please share,..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vovaturman

99% certain they are not, not specifically worded in their brochure, and estate agent said no, but we know estate agents are not to be relied on!
    If you have any other info please share,..

Thanks for the info! That’s exactly the reason I wanted to double check whether I can rely on the estate agent’s word or not. According to their specification it comes with a fully fitted kitchen, so my expectation is that the kitchen appliances have to be included but the agent said they are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 C00lBeans

Does anyone know when Phase 2 is really due to be completed? Estate Agents, originally said Jan/Early Feb and the Banks Surveyor reckons it will be May!

I think it really depends on your house number. I heard mention that the 4 beds facing phase 1 would be snagging in the next 2 weeks, so they will probably hit the Feb timeline. The further you are around the corner, like nos. 32 - 40 look to be about a month behind that, and the row facing the Maynooth Road, another month behind that again. but with that in mind, I saw one of the original 3 bed town houses last weekend was still without a kitchen etc.
    The best thing you can do is ensure you have your kitchen picked, Electricity account set up etc. to give your property the best chance of being finished earlier. Pop me a PM if you can, as I might have more info in a week or so, as I'm in the same boat as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 C00lBeans

I think it really depends on your house number. I heard mention that the 4 beds facing phase 1 would be snagging in the next 2 weeks, so they will probably hit the Feb timeline. The further you are around the corner, like nos. 32 - 40 look to be about a month behind that, and the row facing the Maynooth Road, another month behind that again. but with that in mind, I saw one of the original 3 bed town houses last weekend was still without a kitchen etc.
    The best thing you can do is ensure you have your kitchen picked, Electricity account set up etc. to give your property the best chance of being finished earlier. Pop me a PM if you can, as I might have more info in a week or so, as I'm in the same boat as you.
    Thanks for the info, that's a good help.

Did you by any chance get confirmation on the kitchens - whether or not kitchen appliances are included in the "fully fitted" kitchen?

White goods not included but please confirm yourself with the builder, they are decent enough at replying to emails.
    I tired the kitchen providers to see if they wanted to supply and fit electricals, but they're taking too long to respond, so a visit to the likes of DID in Lucan is needed this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 only new

Have they finished building this estate yet, waiting for the hoarding to be taken down.
    Lucky people living here.

only new wrote: »
    Have they finished building this estate yet, waiting for the hoarding to be taken down.
    Lucky people living here.

There is another phase left, so at least 9-10 months

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ramsvvss

New to Celbridge, we are about to sign the contract; nice quality houses, like the proximity to shopping, schools and N4. Only thing keeping us a little backward is, houses are being overlooked from Aldi parking. Just want to know how the neighbourhood is, especially any rough incidents or noice coming from Aldi side. Seen 3 walkways from Aldi parking/Maynooth road making the estate more accessable in and out. Looking feedback from the seniors, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

ramsvvss wrote: »
    New to Celbridge, we are about to sign the contract; nice quality houses, like the proximity to shopping, schools and N4. Only thing keeping us a little backward is, houses are being overlooked from Aldi parking. Just want to know how the neighbourhood is, especially any rough incidents or noice coming from Aldi side. Seen 3 walkways from Aldi parking/Maynooth road making the estate more accessable in and out. Looking feedback from the seniors, thanks.

It's one of the quieter parts of Celbridge, just make sure you didn't buy the fake detached one, where you don't have access to the side of your house, and is so close to the main road they couldn't fit in a hedge.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

ramsvvss wrote: »

The very best of luck with your purchase; they’re lovely houses I did plan on buying there but I had change plans when the house I was looking at was E30k more expensive in phase III to what it was in phase II which is absolutely crazy in my opinion.

Advertisement