Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are Nordies so nuts?

• 11-08-2018 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

If they're not kneecapping their grandmothers they're riding their motorcycles at 209mph in the pissing rain or busy at their jobs at the Game of Thrones tour centre.

Also every sentence is so full of "hi"s and "hoo"s that I can't understand a thing.

They're focking mads I tells ya.

Discuss.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A gang on Nordie lads away on holiday or at a festival is always lively. They always seem to end up fighting among themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭floatwinner

Another quality thread. AH has really gone to the dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Another quality thread. AH has really gone to the dogs.

Shelbourne or Harold's Cross ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

kuntboy wrote: »
    Also every sentence is so full of "hi"s and "hoo"s that I can't understand a thing.
    That's racist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Shelbourne or Harold's Cross ?

Lifford keep it north of the island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

They tend to be extremely sour and bad tempered people with an almost nonexistent work ethic. Best avoided if at all possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have never slept with a nordie woman who was not great in bed.
    All one of them.
    You would not want to be hanging around after though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

They tend to be extremely sour and bad tempered people with an almost nonexistent work ethic. Best avoided if at all possible.

That would be the Catholics.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Taytoland wrote: »

I don’t know about that. Your own trolling is so lazy and pitiful that I’d expect ones particular interpretation of Jesus’s teachings don’t come into it. I’d say the lack of any sense of humour is a societal thing at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

What about ye ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

We are discussing Northern Ireland, not the north side of Dublin!

Stay on topic for the love of jaysus!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

There's something in the whatter up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,576 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The answer OP is religion.

If someone had had the good sense to batter St Patrick to death the moment he set foot here, how much better off we'd all have been.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

There's something in the whatter up there.

Because that’s where they wash their flegs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Fleg situationnn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I don't think any of us can look up there and sneer tbh, gang wars here where shootings no longer shock us, marauding gangs of burglars who are using our motorways and lack of garda presence on them, to terrorise entire areas who have been left with little other options than to resort to paying for, and installing cctv systems/vigilante groups to monitor/patrol their own rural roads.

And don't get me started on sulky racing and the epidemic zombie/junkie problems that have infested not just Dublin but many of our large (and small in some cases) city's and towns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

If someone had had the good sense to batter St Patrick to death the moment he set foot here, how much better off we'd all have been.

We’d be eating our young.

I don’t know about that. Your own trolling is so lazy and pitiful that I’d expect ones particular interpretation of Jesus’s teachings don’t come into it. I’d say the lack of any sense of humour is a societal thing at this stage.
    Based on what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Yanker

I have never slept with a nordie woman who was not great in bed.
    All one of them.
    You would not want to be hanging around after though.

The fellas are amazing as well. Insane, but worth it. Just leave the car running and your shoes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

I think it comes from being the country that nobody wants, even themselves. The UK certainly doesnt want them, the trouble, the expense, and the Brexit problem that they bring - thats if they even know the north is in the UK in the first place. Eire had no interest in tge expense, the baggage, the religious backwardness, and the political bickering about nothing. The republicans dont want to be sharing six counties withunionists. And the unionists dont want to be sharing 6 counties with have ths population wanting them to quit the UK.
    So the country that suits nobody at all really. It makes them feel most unloved, which must colour ones outlook of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Based on what?

Invasion?
    Occupation?
    Repression?

Based on what?

Invasion?
    Occupation?
    Repression?
    So fiction then, ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

in fairness, it tends to be the catholics.

The unionist types are reserved and polite and the loyalist types wouldn't bother their holes with the rest of us,.

Northies are as mad as a bag of cats, esp on the lash.

• Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭dermo888

Actually - I'd have dealt with two far more problematic people later on. 

1. King Henry VIII.
    2. Oliver Cromwell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭maccored

****ing free staters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I rode a nordie boy once. His mammy wasn't very happy that he brought me home. He got his friend to give me a lift back to where I was staying the next day though. Nice boy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

If they're not kneecapping their grandmothers they're riding their motorcycles at 209mph in the pissing rain or busy at their jobs at the Game of Thrones tour centre.

Discuss.

Probably mostly linked to overconsumption of Harp.
    There's damn good reasons why it was taken off the market here years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

In a sectarian state, the sane people get out as soon as they can. They rest stay and go nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,576 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

We’d be eating our young.

Well at least it would have staved off the Famine.

A Modest Proposal by Jonathan Swift
    A young healthy child well nursed, is, at a year old, a most delicious nourishing and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee, or a ragout.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

Discuss.

You forgot the words Like and You know.
    Like.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

Lack of sense of humour?
    Bit of irony in that post.
    Sour faced ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Or parents letting their 13 year olds rob cars and kill themselves.yea they are a mad bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GowlBagJohnson

I put a wee bomb in your ma's knickers

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

its all down to to harp larger

that stuff is skullbusting juice , causes heightened levels of aggression and stupidity leading to work shyness and a tendency to gobble any sort of drugs prescription and non prescription alike they can get thier blood soaked grubby little hands on. its a wonder they still retail the ability to produce from their shallow stagnant gene pool to continue their long pointless faction fighting.

i look forward to a post bretix border wall to fend them off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

mynamejeff wrote: »

that stuff is skullbusting juice , causes heightened levels of aggression and stupidity leading to work shyness and a tendency to gobble any sort of drugs prescription and non prescription alike they can get thier blood soaked grubby little hands on. its a wonder they still retail the ability to produce from their shallow stagnant gene pool to continue their long pointless faction fighting.

Harp Lager is 4% abv if I recall correctly. Weak as ditch piss.

You're describing absinthe or something up above Jeff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

mynamejeff wrote: »

I personally know 2 Harp drinkers and they're both as mad as a brush. The stuff is lunatic juice.

Advertisement