Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Very slow Mac Book

• 11-08-2018 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭

I got my Mac book about 4 years ago but in the last year, it is very slow. Just wondering what the best solution is?
    I want to clean it up but was wondering the best way to do this, is there an application I can download or should I just reset it?
    All suggestions welcomed and let me know if you need more information

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Have a look in Activity Monitor and use the CPU and memory tab to see if there's any rogue background applications. Macs generally don't just slow down over time like Windows machines, so clearing caches etc is unlikely to make any difference. Plus, many of the maintenance apps out there can cause more harm than good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

How much RAM does it have?
    Delete cache and temp files, clear desktop.

Advertisement