Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile plan recommendation

• 11-08-2018 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Looking for some advice on the best plan:
    Low date usage - 1gb
    High land line calls, 300 minutes
    International calls to the UK - 100 minutes
    Low texts and no mms usage.

The comparison sites make it a little more difficult to add on the international calls. They are with virgin for broadband if there any deals.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Lyca International Red - 1gb data and 800 minutes to Ireland, UK and rest of Europe for €12 for 30days.

Plenty of other bundles on there if you want to incorporate texts as I don't know what you mean by low text usage

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

Haven't looked at lyca before, definitely fits the criteria, thanks for the advice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭joombo

I subscribed to Pond Mobile a few weeks ago and have no complaints at all. It has probably the best business mobile plan. I travel a lot and with its help I can stay in touch with my coworkers, clients and family from every corner of the globe for a fixed price and without any roaming charges. It keeps my existing number and gets a new one in up to 90 countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Vodafone Data user plan (have a look in bargain alerts for it)

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Antoninus

I've just been checking for a plan with international calls.
    Eir business told me that they do not offer an international call package - just unlimited calls in the ROI and 1500 minutes to the UK. Vodafone (Red Business Complete) offer 250 minutes but the package comes to almost €70 EUR inc. VAT! VF have a slightly cheaper package but only give 100 minutes of international calls.
    Anyone come across other/better deals with other companies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Antoninus

Thanks for posting the link Joombo, but I just checked with them. I was quoted $399/month for the cheapest plan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Antoninus wrote: »
    I've just been checking for a plan with international calls.
    Eir business told me that they do not offer an international call package - just unlimited calls in the ROI and 1500 minutes to the UK. Vodafone (Red Business Complete) offer 250 minutes but the package comes to almost €70 EUR inc. VAT! VF have a slightly cheaper package but only give 100 minutes of international calls.
    Anyone come across other/better deals with other companies?
    You can buy the 100 international minutes addon with €5 of your €20 credit you have from topping up for the Vodafone "Data user plan" or any other vf payg plan but that is by far the best value one.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Advertisement