Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sorry about site being down so long!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,022 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Didn't think powder would cause such an issue.....

Did yee try snorting it out....

I mean drying it out

I was expecting that and that's why I put Coca-cola in the OP.
    As a moderator I can't promote or encourage drug use.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Ah but as with your last effort, I and I'm sure others were drawn by the title thinking that it might be something informative around the outages.

Instead we're treated to yet another thread of you trying to be funny :rolleyes:

I for one am getting a bit tired of the attention seeking from a Mod of this forum.

Ah Kaiser come on like :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I was expecting that and that's why I put Coca-cola in the OP.
    As a moderator I can't promote or encourage drug use.

It's a pity....

You do know it was a joke though..... Right¿

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yes, a click bait title in After Hours. What a rare event.... You know - and this is radical - that you can just ignore him/her and move on, just as you can stay out of threads you're not interested in? Loads of people try and be funny; some succeed, some fail. They're both generally better than miserable grumps who would rather put them down than move on to a thread they've more interest in.

latest?cb=20170411042013

Clickbait titles from normal users or known trolls are one thing... From a Mod of the forum it's a bit different.

If FPC wants to post every random notion that pops into his head for likes from the audience that's grand, but it doesn't fit with his Mod role (which occasionally calls for sanctioning of others for similar "antics") IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭cml387

Has a mod ever gone to prison?

It's a pity....

You do know it was a joke though..... Right¿

Of course. I was just trying to use mod like behavior!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

bluewolf wrote: »
    This is why you should stick with Pepsi max you see, no issues then

Indeed...doing Coke isn't good when playing with servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

No but I stay out of threads I have no interest in!

Of course, again it's everyone else's fault.
    With your lies for titles, you have to be phychic to know if you're interested or not. Why pretend to be serious in the title?

Peatys wrote: »
    Of course, again it's everyone else's fault.
    With your lies for titles, you have to be phychic to know if you're interested or not. Why pretend to be serious in the title?

Generally if the thread was a serious one by a moderator it would contain the word MOD or something in the thread title or it would be made by somebody more senior up!

• Advertisement

Generally if the thread was a serious one by a moderator it would contain the word MOD or something in the thread title or it would be made by somebody more senior up!

Why pretend to be serious in the title? You want to post nonsense? That's your time. You want others to ignore your nonsense? Have a fitting title.

Surely that thread title was a pisstake on Trump's recurrent "I've a big announcement coming soon" comments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I'd like to apologise to all Boards.ie users for the site being down so long. I was assisting them with the maintenance and I split a can of Coca-Cola on the main server!

anonymous got wind of your After hours day and decided to DDOS the **** out of boards as punishment

Who was the poster who posted so many nonsense threads, he was given his own?

You could have your own thread to dump all of your hilarious musings into. Just put Freshpopcorn in the title and I'd guarantee you'd have no problem with moaners like myself.

Surely that thread title was a pisstake on Trump's recurrent "I've a big announcement coming soon" comments?

I wouldn't give them that much credit.

You could have your own thread to dump all of your hilarious musings into. Just put Freshpopcorn in the title and I'd guarantee you'd have no problem with moaners like myself.

Yep, problem solved and FPC can be as "funny" and attention seeking as he likes.

At least then the rest of us won't be fooled by the bait and switch antics he's at now.

Everyone's a winner

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Or people could just get over it maybe?

Or people could just get over it maybe?

Grand, I've no interest in arguing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

So OP. Did Boards HQ decide that you took the heat for coming up with The Announcement, and make you start this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acai berry

Apology accepted, Freshpopcorn. You're forgiven for all your misdemeanours. :P :D

Hoping that covers them all! :pac:

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    So OP. Did Boards HQ decide that you took the heat for coming up with The Announcement, and make you start this thread?

No comment!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Is this loon actually a moderator or has he subscribed and changed his title to moderator? If it's the former then they've gave up.

If you put someone on ignore, you can still see threads they start. Just now they make even less sense, as you're missing the op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If you put someone on ignore, you can still see threads they start. Just now they make even less sense, as you're missing the op.

The danger with putting a Mod on Ignore is that you could miss a genuine Mod instruction or announcement and end up with a ban as a result. It's a real quandary.

The danger with putting a Mod on Ignore is that you could miss a genuine Mod instruction or announcement and end up with a ban as a result. It's a real quandary.

All mod notes should be in the op anyway. Might not help if the mod was the op but don't know why they ever ignored that suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Patww79 wrote: »
    All mod notes should be in the op anyway. Might not help if the mod was the op but don't know why they ever ignored that suggestion.

Mods often post a warning midway through a thread.

Mods often post a warning midway through a thread.

That's what I mean, and then people don't know and get warned unless they've read through it all. All mod notes should be copied to the OP.

That's what I mean, and then people don't know and get warned unless they've read through it all. All mod notes should be copied to the OP.

Or, the Mod in question could just stop with the nonsense, or consider stepping down if he insists on continuing this childish clickbait stuff.

It's a valid point though.. I could block him as suggested but then if he should warn me or issue a on-thread warning somewhere I'd miss it entirely.

Personally I think option 1 is the better one myself. Want to be a mod, act like it!

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Or, the Mod in question could just stop with the nonsense, or consider stepping down if he insists on continuing this childish clickbait stuff.

It's a valid point though.. I could block him as suggested but then if he should warn me or issue a on-thread warning somewhere I'd miss it entirely.

Personally I think option 1 is the better one myself. Want to be a mod, act like it!

Well this mod could definitely stop with the childishness, God knows what's going on or how they're let away with it, but I mean more in general and site-wide.

Well this mod could definitely stop with the childishness, God knows what's going on or how they're let away with it, but I mean more in general and site-wide.

You'd think it was an off the wall suggestion that the thread title could reflect the thread contents. Then you look at the thanks he gets, and just have to scratch the noggin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I genuinely don't get the problem,what did he do that was so wrong?I took it as a laugh tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I blame Bloggers Unveiled.

Colser wrote: »
    I genuinely don't get the problem,what did he do that was so wrong?I took it as a laugh tbh.

I posted a thread last week.
    It had terrible grammar.
    I said u had a major annoucement for After Hours.
    It involved several mods meeting at services off the M7.
    Then after a few days I said we were having After Hours Day on Friday and they could bake and put up balloons.
    Some people got the hump.
    I also said some people shouldn't whinge as much.
    They could also leave the site if they wanted.

Guy is a Mod of this forum and has twice now created threads with titles suggesting some sort of forum/site update or announcement by a Mod.

Instead we get some bait and switch antics while he performs a comedy routine that is both childish and not in keeping with the aforementioned title. Call him out on it and you get told to "ignore" him (problems with that idea called out above) or feck off elsewhere (as per the "AH day" thread)

If the guy really needs the attention then the best thing is to stop creating threads with clickbait titles and IMO abusing his role as a Mod, and maybe indeed create a catch-all "my random thoughts FPC" thread that the rest of us can ignore.

If anyone else was at it it'd be borderline trolling at this point and it's not good enough considering posters are sanctioned for the type of nonsense this guy (who I've never heard of until recently) has been at the last few days.

Moderation should be taken with a bit more responsibility and maturity than FPC is demonstrating IMO. Otherwise it devalues their role and influence as a whole. Given the long-standing, well-documented issues with moderation in general, this guy isn't helping the cause!

That's my problem.

I posted a thread last week.
    It had terrible grammar.
    I said had a major annoucement for After Hours.
    It involved several mods meeting at services off the M7.
    Then after a few days I said we were having After Hours Day on Friday and they could bake and put up balloons.
    Some people got the hump.
    I also said some people shouldn't whinge as much.
    They could also leave the site if they wanted.

I know I was following the thread..I just don't get the problem,I actually found it funny ,a bit of banter until I realised that some people were serious.You shouldn't even have to explain or apologise for grammar imo,we're not all Einsteins on here afaik.

I know I was following the thread..I just don't get the problem,I actually found it funny ,a bit of banter until I realised that some people were serious.You shouldn't even have to explain or apologise for grammar imo,we're not all Einsteins on here afaik.

Who gives a shít about grammar? Read the last few posts

Who gives a shít about grammar? Read the last few posts

It was said a good few times in the previous thread.
    Also an official boards annocuxemnt would probably have being checked by a few people before sending it to a general mod to post.

If it's Einsteins you're looking for, there's another thread full of them LOL! :pac: :D

acai berry wrote: »
    If it's Einsteins you're looking for, there's another thred full of them LOL! :pac: :D

I think I'll stay over there...out of my depth here.ðŸ˜

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I think some people's rectums are out of joint.
    Here

SaxH2Pi.png

Apply liberally and all will be well again.
    I wish I had your problems.

• Advertisement

I think some people's rectums are out of joint.
    Here

SaxH2Pi.png

Apply liberally and all will be well again.
    I wish I had your problems.

LOL! Only a doctor could think of this! ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

Maybe time to spill something bigger on the main server &even a few certain mods as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It's ok freshpopcorn, I forgive you and I enjoy your posts updating people about food produce. Don't mind the begrudgers fellow corkonian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

He's from Cork! That explains it.

He's from Cork! That explains it.

SparklingSkeletalEskimodog-size_restricted.gif

It's ok freshpopcorn, I forgive you and I enjoy your posts updating people about food produce. Don't mind the begrudgers fellow corkonian.

Oh... I... I see.
    It all becomes clear

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

at least no-body said 'Macbeth'

at least no-body said 'Macbeth'

Come again?

Come again?

Go read some Shakespeare you heathen.

Go read some Shakespeare you heathen.

A poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more.

indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Fresh popcorn is one of the nicest mods on boards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement