Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sorry about site being down so long!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭looksee

We did our best to mop up all the coke but probably missed a few drops. When these dry up they should be no more issues!

I'm a bit worried about this. When fizzy drink dries it doesn't just go away, it leaves sticky stuff, that gathers dirt and fluff, I think your server problems are not over yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I faced reality last night and did not like it :(

Same here. Had to. Now I'm riddled with anxieties and doom.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    If you want to post every random thought that comes to mind then by all means work away, but it's at odds with your role as a Mod of this forum IMO.

Your notion of what mods should be like is not necessarily what other people think here.
    I'd rather mods who are friendly and light hearted than harbingers of trouble exclusively.

It's meant to be a community after all, not an online republic of some sort.

Just don't click on the thread, and if you do click by accident, or to check what it's about, then deal with the disappointment for goodness's sake and stop pursuing the one person.

Jebus.
    How many times have I clicked on threads and been discomfited at what I saw. BUT I AM STRONG, AND I SURVIVE, EVERY TIME. Moreover, I'm still on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

He's from Cork! That explains it.

I do have a bit of Limerick blood in me as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Guy is a Mod of this forum and has twice now created threads with titles suggesting some sort of forum/site update or announcement by a Mod.

Instead we get some bait and switch antics while he performs a comedy routine that is both childish and not in keeping with the aforementioned title. Call him out on it and you get told to "ignore" him (problems with that idea called out above) or feck off elsewhere (as per the "AH day" thread)

If the guy really needs the attention then the best thing is to stop creating threads with clickbait titles and IMO abusing his role as a Mod, and maybe indeed create a catch-all "my random thoughts FPC" thread that the rest of us can ignore.

If anyone else was at it it'd be borderline trolling at this point and it's not good enough considering posters are sanctioned for the type of nonsense this guy (who I've never heard of until recently) has been at the last few days.

Moderation should be taken with a bit more responsibility and maturity than FPC is demonstrating IMO. Otherwise it devalues their role and influence as a whole. Given the long-standing, well-documented issues with moderation in general, this guy isn't helping the cause!

That's my problem.

Moan, moan, moan. Is that all you ever do? I've never met such a negative poster, never likes anything.

I haven't been involved in any of this, but it's utterly harmless. Just ignore it, is that so difficult?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

rtx1tn3q.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

at least no-body said 'Macbeth'

Hot potato, off his drawers, Puck will make amends!

Advertisement