Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a bank draft to buy a car?

Options
  • 12-08-2018 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭

Hello. We are buying a new car. We have the money in our account to pay for it. The dealership wants a bank draft in payment. Can I go to our local branch and purchase the draft? Our account is held in a branch ten miles from our home. Do we have to call to your account holding branch instead? The amount is €19000. Any notice period required? p.s. I am ex-staff of the local branch from many moons ago, but I don't know what the procedure would be anymore

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Ally Dick,

Thank you for your message.
    You can order a bank draft through this link here. You will be able to select the branch you would prefer and collect it there. Once you submit the order before 6pm, it will be available in the branch the next working day. You may be asked to provide photo ID in branch.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Many thanks Lorna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

You're more than welcome, if you have any more queries just let us know.

Best of luck with the new car,

Lorna

Advertisement