Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland football final 2nd September 2018 - MOD NOTE POST #1 #1187 UPDATED

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,127 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

spurshero wrote: »
    And In fairness I would have no love for mayo but in my opinion the mayo team of last 5 years were a fair bit better then this Tyrone team . Again that’s just my opinion .

In a winner takes all game and all square coming into the home straight...I know who my money would be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

In a winner takes all game and all square coming into the home straight...I know who my money would be on.

Dublin.

Dublin.

What would Dublin have to do with a Tyrone-Mayo final? Are they capable of winning finals they are not in? Wow! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭mattser

What would Dublin have to do with a Tyrone-Mayo final? Are they capable of winning finals they are not in? Wow! :D

Are people supposed to be mind readers? Cut the perpetual bs. You wouldn't call the winner of Dublin/Tyrone when asked. Rather sit on the fence and cover all angles. Then say " I told ye so ". Man up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Genuinely don't know. Same as my prediction for the Tyrone-Monaghan game.

U don’t know a lot of things

• Advertisement

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    U don’t know a lot of things

He knows very little about this sport also. Go back 2 weeks and read the nonsense

You don't need to worry about Mayo Tyrone final as by time Dublin aren't there you'll be long gone.
    BAC Abú

mattser wrote: »
    Are people supposed to be mind readers? Cut the perpetual bs. You wouldn't call the winner of Dublin/Tyrone when asked. Rather sit on the fence and cover all angles. Then say " I told ye so ". Man up.

Did I do that before here, ever? Claim 'I told you so'?
    Correct, I didn't. So who's bs'ing again???

I plumped for Dublin in the Galway game btw.

I don't know and can't call the final. You'll have to live with that.

You are not 'supposed to be mind readers'. If you could actually read the post I was commenting on might help you though. It was a comparison of the Tyrone and Mayo teams. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You couldn't call the real game of Tyrone and Monaghan.

You can't call the real game of Dublin versus Tyrone.

Yet, you are able to be certain about a hypotethical final between Tyrone and Mayo?

Strange.

blanch152 wrote: »
    You couldn't call the real game of Tyrone and Monaghan.

You can't call the real game of Dublin versus Tyrone.

Yet, you are able to be certain about a hypotethical final between Tyrone and Mayo?

Strange.

No, just telling you which one I would put money on. I have lost bets as well as won them.

What does not knowing what the outcome of a game mean other than I think it will be close. (I could also be wrong about that)

I occasionally read the pools thread and it is extraordinary how many times so called people who 'know their football' get things wrong.

I callede Monaghan Galway right, I called Dublin Galway right. I think I went for Tyrone in the Tyrone - Donegal game.
    I can't in all honesty call the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Every time I hear somebody giving Tyrone a chance I can't help but think back to the run up to the semi final last year. All of the same things were said, the same analysis and arguments that I am hearing now, and then in the end Tyrone were nowhere near good enough to even get close to Dublin. They were made to look like a lower division side.

What is supposed to have changed this time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Every time I hear somebody giving Tyrone a chance I can't help but think back to the run up to the semi final last year. All of the same things were said, the same analysis and arguments that I am hearing now, and then in the end Tyrone were nowhere near good enough to even get close to Dublin. They were made to look like a lower division side.

Mickey has a plan

Is there any point having a final at all? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Is there any point having a final at all? :rolleyes:

What a childish and irrelevant answer.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Mickey has a plan

I hope the plans to not resign after the whalloping.

What a childish and irrelevant answer.

As silly as saying a year makes no difference?

Even after Tyrone pushing Dublin in Omagh more than anyone else since Monaghan beat them in the league?
    Even though Dublin have only won their last two finals by one point?

A lot of arrogance if not silliness in your question frankly. That is what the final is for, to see if Dublin are still the champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

As silly as saying a year makes no difference?

Even after Tyrone pushing Dublin in Omagh more than anyone else since Monaghan beat them in the league?
    Even though Dublin have only won their last two finals by one point?

A lot of arrogance if not silliness in your question frankly. That is what the final is for, to see if Dublin are still the champions.

The cheek of them scoring more points than the opposition to win.

The cheek of them scoring more points than the opposition to win.

Lets try it this way if you are having difficulty getting the point that a year can make a huge difference.

2014 Donegal beat Dublin 3-14 to 17 points in a semi final.
    In 2015, just a year later, Dublin won the All Ireland.
    Mayo didn't make the final that year but they did the next year.

A year can and does make a difference...yeh? :rolleyes:

Lets try it this way if you are having difficulty getting the point that a year can make a huge difference.

2014 Donegal beat Dublin 3-14 to 17 points in a semi final.
    In 2015, just a year later, Dublin won the All Ireland.
    Mayo didn't make the final that year but they did the next year.

A year can and does make a difference...yeh? :rolleyes:

To be more accurate, Mayo got ridden in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭feardeas

The football is getting a little, no a lot, like hurling was when Kilkenny were on the drive for five.

Like Kilkenny Dublin's day will come to an end, maybe the football will open up like the hurling has. However I don't think that day will be the second of September.

• Advertisement

To be more accurate, Mayo got ridden in 2014.

It might be a salutatory warning to the arrogant among the Dub fans that Dublin were almost unbackable going into that game and were expected to 'wallop' Donegal too.
    That was the year when some 'experts' suggested the only team that could beat Dublin was their own substitutes. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I've handed out some cards and delete the off topic stuff that was posted on here

It is a thread about the final - not a thread to throw dig at other countries. There will be zero tolerance on this thread for county bashing, abuse etc

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

I think Tyrone will use their bench to maximum effectiveness this time and win. Harte knows this was a big advantage they had in Omagh, one they definitely didn't seem to have last year.

I am predicting Tyrone to be around level or a point or two behind at half time, then go all guns blazing the second half and win this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

I think Tyrone will use their bench to maximum effectiveness this time and win. Harte knows this was a big advantage they had in Omagh, one they definitely didn't seem to have last year.

I am predicting Tyrone to be around level or a point or two behind at half time, then go all guns blazing the second half and win this.
    Better take that 6 to 1 free money in the bookies fast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Who is the ref folks?

Gough
    The front runner?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

Why fast? You think others will realise they are way too big of odds also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Why fast? You think others will realise they are way too big of odds also?
    No but I think the bookies will love to take yer easy money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

In what way, who will come off the bench, what will they do.

I think that Flynn had a good chance at starting but I don't any more.
    I think he'll come of the bench for Dublin, he'll be an option for kickouts when the likely push from Tyrone happens
    McCarthy will start in midfield
    Move back to half back, MDMA will come on and O'Gara might to to give the ultimate bypass option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I hope you’re right but I cant see it.
    Good luck anyway.
    Ulaidh Abu

• Advertisement

I'm thinking it will be the other way around. Tyrone will try to do a Dublin and get a 5 or 6 point lead and then use the subs to play, what Dublin do best, possession football.
    That is when it might get physical and nasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Tyrone refusing to do any work with RTE for the coverage on the day, absolutely pathetic. I hope Dublin beat them by 20 points

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭yobr

threein99 wrote: »
    Tyrone refusing to do any work with RTE for the coverage on the day, absolutely pathetic. I hope Dublin beat them by 20 points

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0820/986244-tyrone-and-rte-all-ireland-final-coverage/

Last week RTÉ Sport extended the same invitation to Tyrone GAA that it has to Dublin GAA, and all previous All Ireland finalists with regard to participation in RTÉ coverage across television, radio and digital platforms.

This included pre-match, day of match at Croke Park, and post match interviews.

Tyrone GAA have informed RTÉ Sport that the Tyrone management and players do not wish to participate in any such media activity with RTÉ and we respect that decision.

RTÉ Sport will now continue with its planning and preparation and we wish both Tyrone GAA and Dublin GAA the very best of luck in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

yobr wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0820/986244-tyrone-and-rte-all-ireland-final-coverage/

Last week RTÉ Sport extended the same invitation to Tyrone GAA that it has to Dublin GAA, and all previous All Ireland finalists with regard to participation in RTÉ coverage across television, radio and digital platforms.

Tyrone GAA have informed RTÉ Sport that the Tyrone management and players do not wish to participate in any such media activity with RTÉ and we respect that decision.

RTÉ Sport will now continue with its planning and preparation and we wish both Tyrone GAA and Dublin GAA the very best of luck in the final.

It will be interesting to see if a Tyrone player will engage with RTÉ to accept the MOM award if Tyrone win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Last week RTSport extended the same invitation to Tyrone GAA that it has to Dublin GAA, and all previous All Ireland finalists with regard to participation in RTcoverage across television, radio and digital platforms.

Tyrone GAA have informed RTSport that the Tyrone management and players do not wish to participate in any such media activity with RTand we respect that decision.

RTSport will now continue with its planning and preparation and we wish both Tyrone GAA and Dublin GAA the very best of luck in the final.
    Queue loads of outrage that RTE coverage is one-sided and favouring Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

cantwbr1 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if a Tyrone player will engage with RTto accept the MOM award if Tyrone win.

He can hardly engage with RTE if their presenters and cameras aren't even let into the post match banquet, where the award is usually presented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

This would be the most popular Dublin win of them all I'd imagine..........

What's it to you?

Get over yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭yobr

ProudDUB wrote: »
    He can hardly engage with RTE if their presenters and cameras aren't even let into the post match banquet, where the award is usually presented.

Feel sorry for Tyrone supporters here - if your team wins you want to soak up every piece of coverage that night. Won't feel the same if they don't have the opportunity to hear from players, etc.

km79 wrote: »
    This would be the most popular Dublin win of them all I'd imagine..........

Nah. 2011 still would beat it.

All of Ulster outside of Derry, Cavan, Fermanagh, Down, Antrim, Donegal, Armagh and Monaghan will still be up for Throne.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Wow a bunch of kids. WTF is wrong with them.
    Hammered out the gate hopefully all going well.

Then again poor old Sean Cavanagh must be choking on his lemons these days.

• Advertisement

Feel sorry for Tyrone supporters here - if your team wins you want to soak up every piece of coverage that night. Won't feel the same if they don't have the opportunity to hear from players, etc.

Would you stop.

If they won they will likely not give a hoot.

And besides, they're not banned from talking bti the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Nah. 2011 still would beat it.

All of Ulster outside of Derry will still be up for Throne.

Im guessing those inside Derry will also cheer Tyrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

why are Mickey Harte and Tyrone players refusing to talk to RTE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

This included pre-match, day of match at Croke Park, and post match  interviews.

Mickey and the siege mentality!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

There's only so much of Des Cahill and Marty Morrissey anyone can take. Tyrone has suffered enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRgo71u9iTY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The irony in all of this dispute however is the fact that Micky Harte went to hear the Dali Lama talk about the spirit of forgiveness, and yet he won't forgive the powers that be in RTE.

Siege mentality is what this is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

I thought it was a bit inappropriate playing the song "pretty little girl from Omagh" after he had lost his daughter tragically just before that sketch was done. Yes Mickey might be a tough nut to crack but RTE have only themselves to blame here especially after what he went through. I think he is correct to do what he is doing here on that basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Wasn't the sketch played only 6 months or so after his daughter was killed?

I thought it was a bit inappropriate playing the song "pretty little girl from Omagh" after he had lost his daughter tragically just before that sketch was done. Yes Mickey might be a tough nut to crack but RTE have only themselves to blame here especially after what he went through. I think he is correct to do what he is doing here on that basis.
    After 8 years it suits Harte to keep this going.
    He is already disliked by a fair proportion of his own support so a big baddie outside helps him play the victim.
    RTE have apologised again and again but Mickey has no intention of letting anyone move on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement