Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pop up shop space limerick city / suburbs

• 12-08-2018 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭

hello,
    Only a vague idea at the moment but examining the possibility of a vintage books/music vinyl ( record) pop up shop in the city coming up to Christmas - has ths been tried before ( pop up shops of any type? ) The ony ones I can think of are the Halloween costume ones that were/are on William Street cruises street.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the viability of same? The people involved are established music/books sellers at markets fairs etc, but are mostly Dublin /east coast based ( until now)
    Any thoughts ( positive or negative) much welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

topcat72 wrote: »
    hello,
    Only a vague idea at the moment but examining the possibility of a vintage books/music vinyl ( record) pop up shop in the city coming up to Christmas - has ths been tried before ( pop up shops of any type? ) The ony ones I can think of are the Halloween costume ones that were/are on William Street cruises street.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the viability of same? The people involved are established music/books sellers at markets fairs etc, but are mostly Dublin /east coast based ( until now)

It all depends where your shop will be located but even location aside, I don’t think Limerick is suitable for what you are planning to open. The city centre is still in a dire state.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I’ve seen pop-up vintage stalls at Chez Le Fab and The Red. More clothes and jewelery though.

There’s a record fair a couple of times a year in the Milk Market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

The fact that the city centre is in a dire state was what attracted them - empty units are a positive in this sense, as there is availability.
    Where is The Red located? New one on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭pigtown

Perhaps the city council might establish a christmas market area if there was interest from other retailers?

The fact that the city centre is in a dire state was what attracted them - empty units are a positive in this sense, as there is availability.
    Where is The Red located? New one on me.

The Red Hen. They do a flea market every few Sundays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

hello,

Think Steamboat Music had a pop up shop on Thomas Street leading up to Christmas last year or the year before? There is something similar in the milk market on Friday's and I don't think it is that well attended but perhaps with the right people behind it there may be interest.

The Franciscan Church might be a good option for you. I recall going to Christmas fairs in there over the years and was a pretty cool space for a market.

panda100 wrote: »
    Think Steamboat Music had a pop up shop on Thomas Street leading up to Christmas last year or the year before? There is something similar in the milk market on Friday's and I don't think it is that well attended but perhaps with the right people behind it there may be interest.

The Franciscan Church might be a good option for you. I recall going to Christmas fairs in there over the years and was a pretty cool space for a market.

I don’t think that was a pop-up shop. It just didn’t do very well and they didn’t renew the lease after 6 months.

Advertisement