Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ereceptionist

Options
  • 12-08-2018 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if someone can help me out. I'm using ereceptionist, sending calls to a mobile. But when the calls connect there is a similiar delay to a whatsapp call. Should this be normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Jonny303 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering if someone can help me out. I'm using ereceptionist, sending calls to a mobile. But when the calls connect there is a similiar delay to a whatsapp call. Should this be normal?

Typically, depending on Mobile network and calling network it can take 10-20 seconds or more to find a mobile phone and start calling it so some delay is inevitable.

Is this the delay you are referring to or do you mean a speech delay during a VOIP call?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

If you are delivering to a mobile number this is normal.

Deliver to a voip client to get rid of this problem if you are regularly connected to WiFi / have good 4g.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

It's a speech delay as opposed to a connection delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Jonny303 wrote: »
    It's a speech delay as opposed to a connection delay.

It's Voip so not too unusual and J2 wouldn't be top of the pile for quality. Are you diverting out to a mobile number or to a sip client running on the phone? If to a mobile number then it's down to the operators capacity and how they are hauling the calls around. If to a sip client it's most likely down to your internet connection.

Try Goldfish much better value , better call quality and more features (no connection apart from using them in the past)

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

Thanks,

Yes It's going out to a mobile.

Where I did need a virtual receptionist (press 1 etc) before I actually don't need it now so was thinking of getting a virtual number through Vodafone, but they don't seem overly confidenent of bringing the number across, and can't tell me until I change the package.

• Advertisement
Advertisement