Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 18/19

• 12-08-2018 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭

First game of the Spanish football calender on at the moment. Barca v Sevilla in the supercup final being held in Tangiers. Last time the two met, in the copa del rey, Barca won easily.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Sevilla up 1-0, Sarabia with a nice finish, with some good work from Muriel.

1-1 Pique tap in after the goalie from Sevilla pulled off a good save from a Messi free kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Feel like a dunce. Was looking for this on eleven sports. Never considered the possibility sky would have this. Just assumed it wasn't on. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Barca won 2-1 in the end.

Very poor penalty from Yedder in the 90 min.
    Suarez was horrendous tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Dembele's goal was some hit. I think Barca should be patient with him and judge him after this season.

• Advertisement

Watching Girona v Valladolid right now. Girona play nice stuff, just lacking the final ball at the moment.

Dembele's goal was some hit. I think Barca should be patient with him and judge him after this season.

Yep they should. He played really well in that game - and had some very good spells last season at times.
    MD1990 wrote: »
    Barca won 2-1 in the end.

Very poor penalty from Yedder in the 90 min.
    Suarez was horrendous tonight.
    Suarez has kind of been horrendous for last season too. Yet he still scored the goals. Even at his peak with Barca his link play was inconsistent and often times moves broke down with him. He's a slow starter every season but his decline seems really stark. I might be wrong but I think he might end struggling to be a start for Barca later this season.
    Watching Girona v Valladolid right now. Girona play nice stuff, just lacking the final ball at the moment.
    Yep they do. They just lack that ability to trouble a seriously trouble a defence.

Looking forward to Betis. Hopefully they can improve even more on last season. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Watching it on FB there, me and 329 other people. Suppose that doesn't include subscribers but you would expect more than that.

Ref prevents a quick Girona throw because he needs to tie his shoe laces. (Imagine if that happened in a Clasico!):D

Never knew Patrick Roberts la on loan at Girona. Portu was unlucky there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Never knew Patrick Roberts la on loan at Girona. Portu was unlucky there.

Moved on a free yesterday, strange it wasn't another loan

Canales not getting on the ball enough.

Levante deservedly ahead imo. They've looked more potent with their attacks even if they have had to defend a lot more.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Levante deservedly ahead imo. They've looked more potent with their attacks even if they have had to defend a lot more.

I'd agree witht that. We've had lots of posession and a few shots outside the box but not much else. Levante are pressing the **** out of guardado and canales because they know that carvalho isn't going to do them the damage on the ball. I would take off on of the defenders for joaquin and stick him in the middle of the field. Junior is playing well. I really like that Morales for Levante, he's a striker and he won a really important challenge against Boudebouz in his own box, he works something serious. That Roger for Levante looks good as well. Apparently he scored 23 goals in Liga B but got injured before last season.

That was an awesome goal by Morales. He is fantastic.

Quality finish alright.

Clinical by Levante tonight.

Clinical by Levante tonight.

They were excellent. This Paco Lopez looks a quality coach, went on an unbeaten streak towards the end of last season to save them and it looks like that's going to continue. Morales must be a nightmare to defend against, never stops hounding and running into space. Carvalho, Feddal, Canales and Francis were poor tonight and I think a system change might suit us.

Disapointing by Betis.

But 3 at the back is not the best system for them with all the attacking players they have especially wide forwards/wingers

Morales is a brillant player. Destroyed Barca last year. If he was younger he would be playing for a CL club.

Sweet goals from Coutinho and Messi.

• Advertisement

Vallecano look very poor against Sevilla.

Getting destroyed out wide.

Delighted for Andre Silva becoming the first player in the 21st century to score a hat-trick on debut in La Liga. Romario the last person to do it. Didn't work out for Silva in Italy but always rated him and hope he can kick on with Sevilla.

Hopefully he can.

Were Rayo that bad or were Sevilla good?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Anyone able to tell me how many corners Real Madrid had at HT ? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Delighted for Andre Silva becoming the first player in the 21st century to score a hat-trick on debut in La Liga. Romario the last person to do it. Didn't work out for Silva in Italy but always rated him and hope he can kick on with Sevilla.

He matched his Serie A goals total from last year in one game in La Liga.

I'm surprised it didnt work out for him in Italy but Milan were shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I watched a big of the Real Madrid game last night and noticed there was large gaps in the terraces.

Checked the attendance this morning, and its making headlines as its the lowest attendance they have had at the Bernabeu since 2009, when they were in a run of 5 straight defeats.

Thats shocking for Madrid. I doubt Perez will have to get the cheque book out and spend big.

Saw the Real game as well.

Bale was brillant going to be very reliant on him need him to somehow stay fit.

Asensio is better as an impact sub when he starts he rarely performs that well. Overhyped player.

Ya, I seen a similar article run with the attendance figure, for the opening game of the season, im surprised it as so low but Madrid fans are notoriously fickle anyway and glory hunting, how many tourists or bandwagon fans didnt bother going because CR7 is nowhere to be seen, I doubt its some 35k fans but its certainly a worry for Madrid after losing to Atletico and having no CR7 that it might hit them in the pocket in the short term.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Neymar in white before August ends.

I think he's the only player who could generate enough buzz to satisfy the Madridista (although admittedly MBappe would too, but can't see PSG selling him).

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Neymar in white before August ends.

I think he's the only player who could generate enough buzz to satisfy the Madridista (although admittedly MBappe would too, but can't see PSG selling him).

Mbappe would be better for them IMO but i wouldnt like to be trying to deal with PSG trying to sign either Neymar or Mbappe.

I wouldnt be surprised that if either did move, that PSG would demand close to 300m.

Worth remembering kicks off were later and there'd be much less Madristas in Madrid at this time of the year.

Nou Camp which had the draw of Messi wasn't near capacity either.

True, a lot of Madrid folk leave the city in August for their holidays....but still 48000 is shocking for them for their 1st league game.

I agree MBappe would be a much better buy, but I think PSG would sell Neymar before they'd sell MBappe.

Real released a statement saying they were not interested in Neymar & would contact PSG if they were.

Looked like a PR move to keep in good relations with PSG.

I think Real,Neymar & PSG have an agreement to let Neymar join next summer & Real will save some money this summer to fund that deal.

Looks like the players are going to go on strike if LaLiga doesn't change the playing a Game in the united States idea

Just watched the first episode of six dreams, it's good enough. My favorite stories are the ones with the female president of Eibar, guardado(because of his moments with Joaquín haha) and Berizzo. The first episode ends with the president of Sevilla saying that they 100% support Berizzo through his treatment,which we all know wasn't the case.

• Advertisement

Half time in the Alavés Betis game. Betis on top but we keep making silly errors that a better team would punish. Canales is having a much better game today.

We'll get smashed in the Seville derby next week if we play like we did today.

Switched on the Barca game there, what on earth happened the pitch!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Switched on the Barca game there, what on earth happened the pitch!?

Looks like there was showjumping on earlier:). Its awful-looking.

Looks like there was showjumping on earlier:). Its awful-looking.

Ye can easily see a keeper being done by a bobble.

• Advertisement

Jeez I thought the Suarez offside call was close. Valladolid's was sooooo close. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Madrid looking in big trouble here.

Just signed up for Eleven Sports. Impressive stream

Quality penalty from that legend Ramos.

Very enjoyable first half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

NIMAN wrote: »
    Quality penalty from that legend Ramos.

Pure bottle and class

Portu has been a real threat for Girona.

Madrid's midfield been poor. Isco looks unfit.

Madrid still crossing frequently despite on longer having Ronaldo. Lopetegui has made no imprint on the team yet.

Ekambi having a good Game for Villareal, has tested vaslik four times now. Still drawing 0-0 though and heading for half time.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Portu has been a real threat for Girona.

Madrid's midfield been poor. Isco looks unfit.

Madrid still crossing frequently despite on longer having Ronaldo. Lopetegui has made no imprint on the team yet.

I thought the imprint was visible from the first game in the season. They're a much heavier possession based side and have far more variety to their attacks. The execution is just lacking.

Bale has a great start to the season.

Looks very sharp.

Schwanz wrote: »
    Madrid looking in big trouble here.

Panic over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement