Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 18/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

CAMPEONES!!!! 8 in 11 for Barca, amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The weekend gets worse for Real Madrid fans as they've lost to Rayo Vallecano who started the day bottom of the league. It's Real's 10th loss of the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Looking at that Madrid team, it's lacking a lot even for an end-of-season runabout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Getafe in the champions league spots is unbelievable. Hope they can hold on

Didn't see the Madrid game last night but looking at the stats it seems Rayo outplayed them in every department. Big summer ahead

Half-Time and Betis are 1-0 down to Espanyol. Home fans whistling the team off. Canales at fault for the goal for giving it away cheaply and Sergi Darder finished it off. Been impressed with the away side. Marc Roca, Oscar Melendo, Darder and Mario Hermoso looking good. Game is on Eir Sport 2.

And Betis have managed a 94th minute equaliser. The pressure had been building. Lovely ball from Lo Celso and Feddal with a great volley.

Full-Time: It ends 1-1. Think the draw was fair. Lo Celso played well for Betis; Mario Hermoso the standout for Espanyol I'd say.

Sevilla's top four hopes are in trouble. They're 2-0 down at home to 13th place Leganes at half-time. Second half about to begin. Game is on Eir Sport 2.

3-0 Leganes! Only ten minutes remaining. Sevilla going to lose this game which will give a great boost to Getafe and Valencia's Champions League hopes.

Full-Time: Leganes mathematically safe now and they've dealt a huge blow to Sevilla's top four hopes. Sunday will be very intereresting with Getafe at home to a Girona side fighting to stay up. Valencia away to Huesca later in the day. Looks like the race for that fourth spot could well go to the wire.

Surprised to learn Atletico were beaten 3-0 away at Espanyol in their biggest defeat of the season. They should still finish second despite the result.

Espanyol have some promising young talents in that side. Hope they can keep hold of them in the summer and kick on next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

Barcelona are resting all the big guns for the Liverpool match, can get them at 7/2 to beat Celta vigo.

Shows Barca still don't think the tie is over, which it's not. Messi not even on the bench. Hope Maxi Gomez fills his boots. Want Malcom to do well also.

Maxi Gomez makes it 1-0! Lovely finish on the volley.

2-0. Iago Aspas adds what is surely a late winner via the spot.

The tie is most definitely not over, Dembele played and was injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Getafe really are tough as old boots, and well worth their position in the league. Anytime I've seen them this season they are all but impossible for the opposition to break down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Getafe look to be in the driving seat to get 4th, a win and a draw vs Barca and Villarreal will guarantee it but even with a loss against Barca they could still do it unless Valencia win their three remaining fixtures. Incredible achievement.

Getafe currently 1/2 for top 4, Valencia 21/10.
    Sevilla look to have blown it due to their home loss against Leganes this weekend coupled with their inferior head-to-head against Getafe. They're 15/2 to make it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Yeah Sevilla not good enough, it'll be Europa league for them. Athletic should make Europe by clinging to 7th after a horrendous first few months of the season

Think Getafe will need to get a point against Barca as I can see Valencia beating Alaves and Valladolid. If Valladolid are still fighting to stay up by the time of that game it will be very interesting.

Pleased to see Mariano Diaz back in the goals for Madrid. He's become a bit of a forgotten man and I'd like to see him get out of there as I enjoyed him at Lyon. Rumours suggest Frankfurt want him as part of any Luka Jovic deal which I think would be a good move for him.

Good performance by Eibar keeper Marko Dmitrovic in their 1-0 win over Betis, saving a pen as well. Really like this keeper. Serbia have quality players atm. Fancy them as a dark horse bet for the Euros next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Real Madrid down to 10 getting taken apart by Sociedad who were their equal with 11.

Madrid losing 3-1 away at Real Sociedad and they're down to ten men. Looking like their 11th loss of the season. Game is on ITV4.

Valencia meanwhile look to be moving into fourth spot as they're 3-1 up at home to Alaves. Getafe will need to try and get something at the Camp Nou and they're losing 1-0 atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The relegation battle is a triller at the moment

• Advertisement

Messi makes it 2-0 Barca. Getafe had hit the post just seconds beforehand.

Bad thing for Getafe is it looks like Valencia's final day opponents Valladolid will be safe based on how results are going. Wanted them to be fighting to stay up.

And Madrid have notched up their 11th loss.

Girona look to be all but relegated since they'll need a big swing in the goal difference which would seem unlikely as Celta Vigo are home to Rayo. I wanted Celta to stay up so I'm pleased with that. Looks like the last day of La Liga will be about the European places.

Courtois saved a pen in the game but he was so poor for the last two goals. Not sure he has a future at the club.

A bit of a shock to see Girona drop out given they were never in doubt for mot of the season. Aspas really has rescued Celta, Villarreal were down there, Levante and Valladolid. Would've rathered Levante or Valladolid to go.

Betis are in dreadful form, a few more weeks and they'd be dropping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Zidane out!

Looks like Valencia will be taking 4th. They're 2-0 up away at Real Valladolid; Getafe drawing 1-1 at home to Villarreal. Twenty minutes to go.

Update: Valencia take the final CL place. Getafe, Sevilla and Espanyol have to be content with the Europa. Bilbao, Sociedad and Betis miss out on European football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You look at the Celta V Rayo match and you would think Celta are the relegated team, they've been awful against a team that has nothing to play for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Gatefe will feel as though they've thrown CL away, but fair play to them. What a season for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Headshot wrote: »
    You look at the Celta V Rayo match and you would think Celta are the relegated team, they've been awful against a team that has nothing to play for

Celta had nothing to play for either - they were safe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Betis 2 up at the Bernabeu on the last game of the season and playing all the football.

Zidane on Bale after the defeat: "We (Real Madrid) will try to do everything to get rid of Bale in the summer."

Being reported they had a row in the dressing room. Zidane wouldn't even give him a farewell in what is likely his last game. Lousy way to treat a player that gave so much the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Zidane on Bale after the defeat: "We (Real Madrid) will try to do everything to get rid of Bale in the summer."

Being reported they had a row in the dressing room. Zidane wouldn't even give him a farewell in what is likely his last game. Lousy way to treat a player that gave so much the last few years.

That's it, make yourself sound desperate, and someone will offer a pittance for him.

• Advertisement

Tbf maybe Zidane seen him laughing on the bench with Kroos when they were losing. The only thing Bale did at full time was hug the Betis manager & leave down the tunnel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Perhaps Zidane should remember that Bale's appearance in the CL final last year allowed Zidane to walk away from the club after making history, as oppose to the inevitable sacking from a terrible league campaign.

Extremely poor form in my opinion.

Real Betis just announced on their website Quique Setien won't be at the club next season.

Interested to see where he ends up. This season was a disappointment but he did become the first manager in 16 years to get wins away at the Camp Nou and Bernabeu in 16. Possession football is the big trend atm so I don't think he'll be short of offers.

Barca 2-0 down to Valencia at Half-Time in the Copa Del Rey final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Will Valverde survive if they lose?

Ends 2-1. Valencia missed 3 sitters essentially when Barca were attacking.
    That should be the end of Valverde but it won't be.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Delighted to see Barca lose.
    Valencia deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Delighted for Valencia, to do It in their centenary year as well. Marcelino is one hell of a coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There may be trouble ahead....

Arrests over match fixing in La Liga.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48431483

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

There may be trouble ahead....

Arrests over match fixing in La Liga.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48431483

Now that I look back at it, I begin to question some of Betis' games this season as we had a great Squad hmmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,916 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lopetegui is the new manager of Sevilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Fairly serious accusations here, not sure what happens the result if found to be true

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/04/valladolid-valencia-football-match-fixing-allegations-el-mundo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just reading that! It's not Valencia's fault by the looks of it but it cannot possibly stand either.

Read first comment on the wesbite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAJ2RWE1Dho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

So Real are getting

Miliatao - 50m
    Mendy - 50m
    Jovic - 60m

that is already 160m on potential. Each signing overpriced imo & no improvement on the 1st 11 atm.

Benzema was superb last season.

MD1990 wrote: »
    So Real are getting

Miliatao - 50m
    Mendy - 50m
    Jovic - 60m

that is already 160m on potential. Each signing overpriced imo & no improvement on the 1st 11 atm.

Benzema was superb last season.

Don't agree. Mendy and Jovic are two of the best in Europe in their position and if they pull those moves off for those prices it's great business from Madrid. Haven't seen enough of Militao to say whether or not that's a good or bad deal but if I were a Madrid fan I'd be very happy with these moves.
    Fairly serious accusations here, not sure what happens the result if found to be true

Depressing to read. Makes you wonder how much of this goes on in the game. Don't think Valencia should be brought into it if they didn't know anything about it but Valladolid should be relegated if found guilty. Girona should stay up instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Don't agree. Mendy and Jovic are two of the best in Europe in their position and if they pull those moves off for those prices it's great business from Madrid. Haven't seen enough of Militao to say whether or not that's a good or bad deal but if I were a Madrid fan I'd be very happy with these moves.

Depressing to read. Makes you wonder how much of this goes on in the game. Don't think Valencia should be brought into it if they didn't know anything about it but Valladolid should be relegated if found guilty. Girona should stay up instead.

Jovic is not an improvement on Benzema.

Mendy is a starter on last season's Marcelo tbf.

Militao wont start either unless Varane doesn't regain form.
    Hazard will be an excellent signing.

But I though Real would sign someone like Neymar or Mbappe for the forward line.

There are not signing the very best young players like Felix,De Jong,De Ligt or Mbappe.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Jovic is not an improvement on Benzema.

Mendy is a starter on last season's Marcelo tbf.

Militao wont start either unless Varane doesn't regain form.
    Hazard will be an excellent signing.

But I though Real would sign someone like Neymar or Mbappe for the forward line.

There are not signing the very best young players like Felix,De Jong,De Ligt or Mbappe.

I'm excited by the prospect of Hazard and Benzema linking up. I think those two can develop a potentially lethal relationship. Don't think there's any harm though buying Jovic now to ease him into the side. While I like Mariano Diaz he's not on Jovic's level. I don't think there was a better available striker this summer. Mbappe doesn't look like he's keen on leaving Paris quite yet. When he is, that looks like an inevitable transfer.

Mallorca and Deportivo, who finished 5th and 6th respectively in the Segunda Division, will be contesting the play-off final to determine the final spot in La Liga next season. First leg is on Thursday, second leg next Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Who has the tv rights for next season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Been a long way back for Mallorca (if they get promoted). Been in freefall since that season where they qualified for Europe but were denied a license because of financial problems. Feel all the way down to the third division and this is their first season back in the second. WOuld love to see them back up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement