Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 18/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Watch the second goal for Huesca last night. A beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Atletico fell to a 2-0 defeat away to Celta Vigo.

Their Madrid rivals beat Leganes 4-1 at home. Goals from Bale, a Ramos pen and two from Benzema. Early days but it seems Bale and Benzema feel liberated by not having Ronaldo as the focal point of the team any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Atletico fell to a 2-0 defeat away to Celta Vigo.

Their Madrid rivals beat Leganes 4-1 at home. Goals from Bale, a Ramos pen and two from Benzema. Early days but it seems Bale and Benzema feel liberated by not having Ronaldo as the focal point of the team any more.

But will they be able to do it against the top sides when it gets to the latter stages of the CL, that's what really matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

NIMAN wrote: »
    But will they be able to do it against the top sides when it gets to the latter stages of the CL, that's what really matters.

Can they do it on a pleasant, balmy, picturesque Wednesday night in Paris?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Bale and Benzema basically did win them the UCL last year. Apart from the Juve goal Ronaldo didn't really play great for Real in the latter stages of the UCL.

This Valencia derby has been awesome. 2-2.

Well lads the derby is un two hours time and I am nervous to be honest with you. Sevilla look more cohesive as they have played more games than us and we also look a shambles. Carvalho has been pisw poor in his first two games and I don't know why Setien keeps going with Francis over Barragán as Francis is absolutely dreadful. Lo Celso is also not playing as he only landed in the city Friday. Anyways my Hearts says Betis but my head says Sevilla. Vamos mi Betis!!!

Enjoy the game, would be great to be in Seville now, bit of heat, few pints and then on to the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

OG in the Barcelon game, now 2-1 to Barcelona

• Advertisement

Must have been a hell of a game. Barcelona won it 8-2!

I can see Carvalho getting sent off, playing ****e as well. Take him off, put guardado un his position and bring on Joaquín.

Sevilla down to 10 with one of the craziest sendings off you'll see. I'm delighted though and hope we take advantage.

Joaquín you are a god amongst men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Carvalho has been poor for Betis. Maybe Celso could come in for him although he doesn't usually play as a DM.

Great to see Joaquin getting the winner.

Hopefully kickstarts Betis season now.

Can someone answer me a quick question.

Is the new Real Madrid home kit like a creamy white rather than a pure white?

• Advertisement

Some good games today in La Liga. Barca travel to San Sebastián to take on Sociedad in a fixtures which has caused them problems in the past. Likewise with Madrid Who travel to the Basque country as well to take on the always physical Bilbao. We also have Valencia v Betis which Will be very high scoring I think. Carvalho is out, Hope lo Celso plays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

Can someone answer me a quick question.

Is the new Real Madrid home kit like a creamy white rather than a pure white?

Los Merengues (the Meringues i.e Lemon Meringue Pie) is their nickname so maybe creamy white has always been their colour.

WOW Eibar after scoring a goal and are up with three minutes to go. In the Wanda.

Some young fella called Borja is after levelling for Atleti. Still though, a great result for eibar.

It's early days but Atletico can't afford to keep dropping points.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

It's early days but Atletico can't afford to keep dropping points.

Diegos last season for me, hes going to Italy next season he isnt even subtle flirting with Inter

Good result for Betis. We've definitely closed the gap. Sidnei I think should start the next Game and lo Celso showed some beautiful touches when he came on. He's going to be a superstar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Cracking game. A point for Madrid in Bilbao not the worst

Big surprise yesterday with Sevilla losing at home to Getafe. Getafe are a pain in the hole to play against though and had a good season last year, they seem to have improved again.

Machin at Sevilla is too stubborn with 3 at the back.

2-0 down & still plays 3 at the back. Promes was lively on as a sub. Ben Yedder should be starting as well.
    Getafe are a very aggresive team. A bit like the Burnley of La Liga.

Maxi Gomez is having a hell of a start to the season with Celta Vigo. 3 goals and 3 assists in 5 games. Might be looking at Uruguay's next striking sensation. Only 22 years old as well. West Ham were rumoured to be interested in him in the summer with reports suggesting his release clause was €50m. If that release clause number is accurate and he keeps the form up then he'd be well worth a punt. Could be a good fit for Chelsea.

Levante vs Sevilla looks a tasty fixture tomorrow.

Levante vs Sevilla looks a tasty fixture tomorrow.

It ended 6-2 to Sevilla!

1-0 to Bilbao, Iñaki. What the hell was Junior doing and then Canales turns his ass to the ball for the cross.

Make that 2-0. Raúl García with a great strike but canales passed him the ball. He's playing ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Have to say I was skeptical at first, but I kind of like Eleven sports streaming service. It's sort of like the Netflix for La Liga and Serie A.

• Advertisement

Red for Susaeta! Second yellow!

2-1! Bartra with a stunner!

Playing at home against ten men with three centre backs, jesus wept

Vamos Canales! 2-2.

Very disappointing. Inui and Boudebouz are the only fellas that can play through the lines and they don't bring inui on until the last 12 minutes. 3 centre backs all game as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

How is Vidal settling in at Barca? Forgot he was there until I was checking their team from todays game. Seemed a strange move at the time

Ben Yedder hatrick.

He has to start every week.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Ben Yedder hatrick.

He has to start every week.

Great player. Scored during the week as well.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Have to say I was skeptical at first, but I kind of like Eleven sports streaming service. It's sort of like the Netflix for La Liga and Serie A.

I've barely watched either league this year becuase of the extra hassle invloved.

I'd always watch at least 1 match per week from La Liga and Serie A before this.

It owuld be very interesting to see what the viewership figures for 11 sports are like compared to Sky and BT's figures form last year.

• Advertisement

New Viva La Liga programme on Liga TV is good.

Had Hunter & Balague on it so pretty much like how it was on Sky years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

MD1990 wrote: »
    New Viva La Liga programme on Liga TV is good.

Had Hunter & Balague on it so pretty much like how it was on Sky years ago.

Is that online or behind a pay wall somewhere?

Fair play Luka, to finally break the Messi /Ronaldo stranglehold.

lassykk wrote: »
    Is that online or behind a pay wall somewhere?

Included with Eleven Sports sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,613 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Didn't deserve it, his stats weren't good enough!

The problem is though is this new award the real award or is the traditional Ballon D'or the real award for worlds best player.Hopefully he wins the Ballon D'Or also.

They really should have left the Ballon D'or as an award for European Players only and left the South American Footballer of the year for South American players reagrdless of where they play their play their club football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Barca 2-1 down to bottom side Leganes with 20 minutes left. Barca took the lead early too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Barca 2-1 down to bottom side Leganes with 20 minutes left. Barca took the lead early too

Barca lost ,a ramshackle performance.
    Thats one point taken from 2 matches against powerhouses Girona and Leganes.

Big chance for Madrid to take the No1 spot, but it'll be tough night in Seville.

I think that this year La Liga is tougher than ever, all the small teams have improved greatly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Big chance for Madrid to take the No1 spot, but it'll be tough night in Seville.

Already a goal down

• Advertisement
Advertisement