Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 18/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Madrid losing 3-0 to Eibar away from home. I thought the crisis was over?:-p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

NIMAN wrote: »
    He'll likely not see past 2019.

He might not see past 2018 :eek:

Just saw the goals there, that cucurella fella looks decent, involved in all three.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Might be a big goal for Dembele that. Maybe I'm being harsh on them after they nearly won only for a late goal but Atletico ain't really impressing me at all this year. Barca weren't great either but will be happier with the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

ERG89 wrote: »
    Might be a big goal for Dembele that. Maybe I'm being harsh on them after they nearly won only for a late goal but Atletico ain't really impressing me at all this year. Barca weren't great either but will be happier with the result.

Are any of AM, RM or Barca impressing this season? Could be a rare chance for an alternative La Liga winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Is Navas really that bad ? I don't think so.

They will be back in for De Gea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So will Real go big in January and bring in a big name manager and players or do they wait till the summer and hope they make next seasons Champion League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,559 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

As bad as Real have been this season they are still only 5 points off the top of the table .
    This time last year they'd have been 15 points behind Barcelona who are ten points worse off this year.

So will Real go big in January and bring in a big name manager and players or do they wait till the summer and hope they make next seasons Champion League.

I think they'll go big in the summer, players and manager. They should make a CL spot, can't see them not. Even with the dreadful resuts they're only just outside top 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great to see La Liga's Youtube channel has followed the example of Serie A and Ligue 1 by putting English commentary on their highlights. Makes it much easier to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭lassykk

Great to see La Liga's Youtube channel has followed the example of Serie A and Ligue 1 by putting English commentary on their highlights. Makes it much easier to follow.

Great! Cheers for that.

The ligue 1 and serie a 5-10 min roundup is staple viewing for me. Will add la Liga now too!

Sevilla top of the table after their win on Sunday. Pleased for Andre Silva that things are going well for him. Looks very exciting at the top currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Amazing to think for all the crap Real are supposedly enduring that had they won yesterday they'd only be three points behind.

Good win by Betis at home with Junior Firpo getting the goal. We rode our look a bit but hopefully we can use this to string a few results together and move up the table.

Good day for Barca with Atletico and Sevilla being held.

I hadn't realised Miguel Cardoso is the new coach of Celta Vigo. I thought he got treated harshly at Nantes when they sacked him after a few months. They always tried to play attractive football and had some of the best possession stats in Ligue 1. I just don't think he had the personnel there to make it work. Hope he can do better now in La Liga. I'll be keeping an eye out for their results.

• Advertisement

Pleased to see things going well for Paco Lopez. Levante's 3-0 win over Bilbao leaves them 6th.

Toko Ekambi made headlines against Almeria tonight in the Copa Del Rey:

https://twitter.com/Eng_Villarreal/status/1070430517059817474

I wanted to see him perform like this against Rangers in the Europa League but he missed good chances. Nice to see him doing better, although the quality of the opposition has to be factored into things. It ended up being 8-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Toko Ekambi made headlines against Almeria tonight in the Copa Del Rey:

https://twitter.com/Eng_Villarreal/status/1070430517059817474

I wanted to see him perform like this against Rangers in the Europa League but he missed good chances. Nice to see him doing better, although the quality of the opposition has to be factored into things. It ended up being 8-0.

Samuel Chukwueze of Villarreal looks a really good talent . Only 19 but has really impressed the last few weeks. Quick nimble winger , likes to cut in from the right wing ala Arjen Robben

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Rezident

Messi again. It's not normal. I don't believe in aleins but if it turns out Messi is an extra-terrestrial, in fairness, the signs were there.

Barca back top and now 3 points clear after Sevilla conceded a goal to Valencia in stoppage time. Nice way to warm up for the visit of Tottenham and looks like Messi is ready.

• Advertisement

Rezident wrote: »
    Messi again. It's not normal. I don't believe in aleins but if it turns out Messi is an extra-terrestrial, in fairness, the signs were there.

Shure ain't he only number 5 in the world ?

Another good win for Betis , winning 2-0 and we're up to seventh. We're playing well again but we desperately need a better striker. Lo Celso scored a penalty and then Sidnei with a good finish after some lovely footwork. Also, if you want to see a fantastic player watch Giovanni Lo Celso, head and shoulders above everyone in nearly all of Betis' games this year. I still can't believe he plays for us.

Another good win for Betis , winning 2-0 and we're up to seventh. We're playing well again but we desperately need a better striker. Lo Celso scored a penalty and then Sidnei with a good finish after some lovely footwork. Also, if you want to see a fantastic player watch Giovanni Lo Celso, head and shoulders above everyone in nearly all of Betis' games this year. I still can't believe he plays for us.

Thoughts on Pau Lopez? He's looked good whenever I've seen him, although admittedly that's mainly from watching highlights.

Eibar vs Levante was quite the game. 4-4 it finished. Paco Lopez's team doesn't do boring.

Thoughts on Pau Lopez? He's looked good whenever I've seen him, although admittedly that's mainly from watching highlights.

Eibar vs Levante was quite the game. 4-4 it finished. Paco Lopez's team doesn't do boring.

Yeah he's been great. Immense against sociedad, definitely a step up on Adán.

Levante are having a great season. I like their front three of Boateng, Morales and Roger. Bardhi in midfield os ridiculously good from free kicks.

Looks like Spanish football could be back on Sky soon.....Eleven Sports had 50,000 subscribers @ £5.99 a month and paid £30 million for rights...…..

Watched the highlights and Madrid made hard work of beating Rayo Vallecano. They had Courtois to thank as he made some good stops. Looks like he has more confidence now. They're off to the Club World Cup now.

Griezmann was immense for Atletico away to Valladolid. Two goals and an assist.

I'd say Levante vs Barca will be cracking entertainment. Wish Sky still had the rights for it. Wonder can Paco Lopez get one over on them again.

Yeah Madrid did get lucky at the end, but they hit the post and had a goal ruled out for marginal offside. Still despite all the 'this Madrid team are done', they are still 3rd.

It seems to be a feature of La Liga this season, a lot of the lesser teams giving the bigger boys tough games.

Good game between Betis and Espanyol. We won 3-1 in the end and we also missed a penalty. Great run by canales for the first goal with lo Celso tucking It away nicely. The second goal was great, a fantastic Tello free kick. Borja Iglesias was doing wreck but then strangely the Espanyol coach substituted him. Anyways it's looking good for Betis and we've shot up the table, 5th place in the league without a decent striker. Apparently we're buying one in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hat trick and 2 assists form the 5th best player in the world

Not a bad return.

GavRedKing wrote: »

Not a bad return.

It's laughable that 5th place.

A joke of the highest order.

• Advertisement

Saw the highlights and Messi was on fire.

Surprised Villarreal dropped points to bottom side Huesca but it was a fair outcome and Huesca even had a pen saved. Didn't realise Villarreal were so close to the relegation zone.

ebbsy wrote: »

I watched the great English derby today, and there wasn't a player on that pitch who could lace Messi's boots.

Same as the Real Madrid game yesterday.

He was robbed!

GavRedKing wrote: »

Not a bad return.

NIMAN wrote: »

I watched the great English derby today, and there wasn't a player on that pitch who could lace Messi's boots.

Same as the Real Madrid game yesterday.

He was robbed!

Best there is, was , and every will be in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Those awards are a joke in general so its not something that bothers me when he comes 5th. The canvasing and campaigning that Barcelona and Real Madrid have done down the years as a club from the media down to the playing squad for their star players was always pathetic. I'd like to think that's why neither of them won it this year but in football rarely is anything that honest.
    In general if you don't win a CL or World Cup you will find it hard to win it. It is more important than consistency as plenty won it for form just in February to June.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Messi being fifth will be regarded in year to come as the worst outcome of a vote in the decade and that's saying something.

The combination with Suarez yesterday was magnificent. His first free kick against Espanyol was incredible.

Amen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

What about Maradona?

On the bus to Málaga, sickened I'm missing the game. Sanabria by the looks of things finally scored a goal. I hear Sidnei went off injured as well, hopefully it's not too bad.

What about Maradona?

Best goal I've ever seen. The dribble against England.

• Advertisement

Great penalty.

Even more so considering the precarious position Bilbao are in in the league. If he had missed it he would have got some abuse about his technique, but now he's an internet sensation!

Shame they conceded a 90th minute equaliser.

Disappointing result for Real Madrid being held 2-2 away to struggling Villarreal. Cazorla got both of the home side's goals. Madrid 4th in the table, 7 points off Barca.

Disappointing result for Real Madrid being held 2-2 away to struggling Villarreal. Cazorla got both of the home side's goals. Madrid 4th in the table, 7 points off Barca.

amazing performance from Santi, considering the difficult couple of years he's had.

Sad to see Bilbao in the bottom 3 still.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

When you concede a goal to a Santi header something has gone seriously wrong. Think he only scored one at Arsenal.

Madrid down at home to Sociedad

• Advertisement

And down to 10 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,707 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Real Madrid in big trouble. Down to 10 men and 1 goal down

This is some game

Did you see the peno shout? I thought it was great goalkeeping first but in the replay it looked like it may have been a peno. Need more replays! Not sure if the keeper actually got the ball

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Did you see the peno shout? I thought it was great goalkeeping first but in the replay it looked like it may have been a peno. Need more replays! Not sure if the keeper actually got the ball

Ill need to see more replays but I thought the goalie didn't catch him and he dived

• Advertisement
Advertisement