Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 18/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Diego Simeone has signed a new three-year contract with Atletico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

And just when Real were starting to get themselves back in the title race they lose at home to Girona.

Ramos sent off for the 20th time in his career I think. Some man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,559 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

And just when Real were starting to get themselves back in the title race they lose at home to Girona.

Thats the end of their league campaign so ,9 points behind Barcelona.
    Ramos is an odious character ,always in the news for the wrong things .

Barcelona were piss poor yesterday against Valladolid,I fear for them in Lyon on Tuesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

25th red.....not overly shocked at the result they were sh!t against Ajax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Opta Joe has probably worked out how many matches that equates to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thats the end of their league campaign so ,9 points behind Barcelona.
    Ramos is an odious character ,always in the news for the wrong things .

Barcelona were piss poor yesterday against Valladolid,I fear for them in Lyon on Tuesday night.

... as well as a fantastic defender.

Huge result for Villarreal's survival chances beating Sevilla 3-0. It was looking like Sevilla were in the title picture a month or two ago and now they look at risk of missing out on the top four.

Also hard to see Solari getting another season now as they look out of the title hunt. Wonder who they'll go for in the summer. I'm thinking Poch will be their top target.

From the minute Solari got the job, I knew he'd only last one season. Not a big enough name for the Bernabeu.

Poch will probably be the No.1 target for sure.
    Possibly Tuchel?
    Or another go for Allegri?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Can see tuchel having a good season at PSG. Would think either poch or Allegri. But would Allegri walk away from Juve? Not exactly a long list of candidates available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

• Advertisement

Fantastico! Hopefully this means the end of Eleven Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Levante v R Madrid on itv4 this weekend.

I think at some point the audience reaches fatigue about the amount of subscription services. I mean nowadays you've got Sky, BT, Premier (Eir), Eleven Sports, now Amazon entering the picture. At some stage the customer is going to say 'enough', especially if they're with other subscription services like Netflix, UFC etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Messi has just equalised for Barca with an unbelievable volley from the edge of the box. You won't see a truer volley struck in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Messi has just equalised for Barca with an unbelievable volley from the edge of the box. You won't see a truer volley struck in a long time.

Rakitic against Spurs?

Turtwig wrote: »
    Rakitic against Spurs?

https://twitter.com/BuVideos/status/1099334288024260608?s=19

Its great technique from Messi but as soon as you could see floating to him, you knew where it was going to end up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

What a goal from Messi.

Barca are at the stage where if one of them needed to go to the toilet they'd need Messi to pull down their trousers.
    A hattrick by him. A very impressive one at that.

Barca are a one man team but if that onr player is Messi, you've always got a chance.

Turtwig wrote: »
    But would Allegri walk away from Juve? Not exactly a long list of candidates available.

If they go out of the CL in the next fortnight v Atleti, he might not get the choice!

Anyway, watching Juve and their negative style of play v Atleti, I don't think Allegri would be a good fit at the Bernabeu.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Sevilla at this stage should just forfeit the game when he is on the teamsheet. They can't beat him. 2-0 in the CdR without him, 6-1 second leg and now a hattrick when they were in front twice. 2-0 up with two minutes to go last season and he comes on and draws 2-2.

Pretty sure he's scored the most against them.

dfx- wrote: »
    Sevilla at this stage should just forfeit the game when he is on the teamsheet. They can't beat him. 2-0 in the CdR without him, 6-1 second leg and now a hattrick when they were in front twice. 2-0 up with two minutes to go last season and he comes on and draws 2-2.

Pretty sure he's scored the most against them.

36 goals in 35 games against Sevilla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

sugarman wrote: »
    I mean it's great to have it on FTA TV for the remainder of the season but I don't understand why so many are happy at Elevens failure here. Its just further locking down the rights monopoly to BT and Sky. They need more compitition, not less. Unless you're happy paying the extortionate prices they charge with year on year increases. €80 a month is scandalous for Sky.

I was happy enough with Eleven myself. €50 for a year was incredible value in comparison. You could even use your excess phone credit to pay for it! I'm a bigger fan of European football rather than the PL too so it suited me down to the ground and I'm disappointed to see it go. Now it was far from perfect, while the streams were good quality they never really got up and going with the app and its features. Lacking support for a number of devices and lack of casting at the beginning was nightmare. But Id hoped it was only teething problems and that they'd eventually sort it out over time.. but sure, wasn't to be.

It'll be interesting to see how hard Sky and BT will be hit post Brexit.

ITV will have one game, Premier Sports will have 4 games Eleven Sports still have all games.

Another Subscription channel is not needed and also remember Amazon will be coming in soon too. What is needed is allow Sky and BT to have access to all games and allow true competition allowing viewers to subscribe to what ever channel they prefer but that will never happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

But why would BT or Sky pay any money for the rights then.

The biggest issue is to have all sports available on a single platform with the subscriber then deciding how much or how little they want.

What this showed is that a lot of people want a single remote and box controlling their viewing.

If streaming becomes the future there really needs to be a single platform where all apps can be accessed from with full catchup capability. Otherwise the existing satellite platform with epg wins out.

Gone off thread topic now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Capturevfre.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Premier Sports 2 blackout when the game is on ITV4.

Just checked and I can't see it on ITV4.
    "Service not available.

"Due to copyright restrictions, we are unable to bring you this programme."

Wasn't planning on watching the game tonight but that's a blow for my hopes of seeing some in the coming weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm watching it now on ITV 4..

Sky other channels.

I have Virgin Media. They can't offer it for some reason?

• Advertisement

Impressed with Levante and their style of play.

They have played more football than both Liverpool and Utd combined so far. And by the end of the game you can include Chelsea and city in that too.

Edit: if ever there was a game that showed that VAR can get it wrong, it's this one. Numerous examples wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Shocker of a penalty decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

That decision was very odd.

Trying to keep the league going perhaps ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Levante very unlucky.

Perez maybe paying off the officials. Terrible penalty decision.

Bale's reaction to his goal was childish. Needs to improve his all round game. A reason he isn't starting is he cant cover as much ground as Vasquez leaving Real's defence exposed.

I see Barca have beaten Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu to reach the Copa Del Rey final. Two goals from Suarez and a Varane O.G.

The two sides meet again in La Liga on Saturday. Could be a bruising week for Madrid fans.

I see Barca have beaten Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu to reach the Copa Del Rey final. Two goals from Suarez and a Varane O.G.

The two sides meet again in La Liga on Saturday. Could be a bruising week for Madrid fans.

It often sounds like a cliché, but it was never a 3 nil game.

That was the big game for Madrid, to get to the final. The league is gone I think, so a win at the weekend is no use for them.

It's cl or bust now for them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Probably more of the same on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,559 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

NIMAN wrote: »
    It often sounds like a cliché, but it was never a 3 nil game.

That was the big game for Madrid, to get to the final. The league is gone I think, so a win at the weekend is no use for them.

It's cl or bust now for them!

It was a smash and grab by Barcelona to be fair.
    If Madrid had their shooting boots on it could have been 3-0 to them before Barcelona scored.

I didn't even realise that the match was on tonight ,having these matches on Eleven Sports is a nightmare .
    They have no highlights programmes either from what I can see .
    Saying that Sky only showed the Copa Del Rey final in the last few years ,no earlier rounds.

Suarez looks to be back to his best and if himelf and Messi keep firing on full cylinders the treble could be on.

Madrid badly miss a striker.
    Good old fashioned type.

Benzema has done ok but its time to move him on. He's been there a decade now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

I've watched a lot of Madrid in the last few weeks. Vinicius Junior has everything bar the finish. Once he learns how to score/gets the confidence to take on shots, he could go all the way to the top. He's the only bright spark to come out of a dark season for Real

Agree, gonna be a big star.
    There was one run last night that he got a shot away, it took a deflection and went wide, if it had gone in you'd be seeing it on Joe.ie this morning!

But for someone who's 18, he has an awful lot of the attributes needed already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

NIMAN wrote: »
    Agree, gonna be a big star.
    There was one run last night that he got a shot away, it took a deflection and went wide, if it had gone in you'd be seeing it on Joe.ie this morning!

But for someone who's 18, he has an awful lot of the attributes needed already.

Agreed - incredible skill in the buildup and think the deflection actually took it closer towards the goal. He has 95% of the attacking qualities already, just needs to improve his finishing. His decision making in and around the box against Girona and Levante was poor, but that'll come in time.

Madrid havent won a La Liga Clasico in nearly 3 years and havent won a La Liga Clasico at home in over 4 years.

I cant see that changing this weekend either TBH, Barca have a great record in the last few years in these fixtures no matter where they meet.

I'm hoping for a CL meeting between the pair but without Ronaldo, it wont be the same.

From BBC Gossip page:

Real Madrid have identified Ajax's Argentine left-back Nicolas Tagliafico, 26, as a replacement for 30-year-old Marcelo.

No harm but the young lad Reguilon playing there the last couple of months from the youth team looks damn good.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Can Real call back Hakimi from Dortmund? Doing fantastic and both lb and rb by all accounts.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Can Real call back Hakimi from Dortmund? Doing fantastic and both lb and rb by all accounts.

He would be the ideal Marcelo successor imo.

GLaDOS wrote:

I'm 99% sure he joined in Dortmund on a 2 year loan with no option to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Watching Valencia v Betis in the copa del rey at the moment, good game with chances on both sides. Paulista could have seen red, he's fairly
    wreckless. Jesé playing well again, Francis Guerrero is fair dodgy though and is definitely a weakness. Valencia going through to the final as it stands.

Eir Sport 2 showing El Clasico tonight, kick-off 7.45pm.

Team news:
    Real Madrid XI: Courtois; Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Reguilon; Modric, Casemiro, Kroos; Bale, Benzema, Vinicius.

Barcelona XI: Ter Stegen; Sergi Roberto, Pique, Lenglet, Jordi Alba; Rakitic, Busquets, Arthur; Messi, Luis Suarez, Dembele.

A Madrid win takes them temporarily second, 6 points off the top; a win for Barcelona leaves them 10 points clear of Atletico, 12 ahead of Real.

Note if you're watching on the Eir app it's on Eir Sport X1. I got a fright when I tuned in and saw a GAA game taking place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

Odds on Ramos being red carded?

• Advertisement
Advertisement