Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 18/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

1-0 Barca. Lovely goal from Rakitic, left Ramos in his wake.

Ramos had a swipe at Messi's face. Definitely think that was dirty.

VAR not consulted. Ref instead blows for Half-Time. I think that's a red card tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Ramos up to his usual **** this half. If it gets away from Madrid he'll lose it as per.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Is messi doing much ? Could do with him scoring a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ramos should definitely be on at least a yellow by now.

I thought this would sell out? Few blue seats dotted around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Nasty individual ramos

He knows what he's doing here. Messi was well pissed off afterwards.

https://twitter.com/wirlebendich/status/1101943662257283072

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Classic Ramos. Deviously subtle but with enough power to hurt him. A genius of our time. An Icon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

Classic Ramos. Deviously subtle but with enough power to hurt him. A genius of our time. An Icon.

Real scumbag behavior alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I've no idea how other teams let him get away with that scutting.
    Back in the old days he'd be dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ref and Valverde could legit be twins; only the ref is a bit greyer.

Busquets having a great game so far.

Good man Lenglet,giving Mr Ramos a bit of his own medicine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ramos deserved every bit of that and even worse tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,213 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That's nasty.
    No point slagging Ramos if you are going to condone that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Poor enough game. Real need a lot of investment to stay near the top. I presume they will go after Mbappe in the summer.

Poor enough game. Real need a lot of investment to stay near the top. I presume they will go after Mbappe in the summer.

Yeah their aging and really lack attacking quality.

Bale and Benzema have had their best days. They haven't replaced Ronaldo.
    Kroos is out of form.
    Modric ain't getting younger.

Poor enough game.

Much better to watch than some of the other big games I've watched the last week.
    His end product ain't there but if Vinicius can get a team playing well around him he'll be some player. Only Madrid player standing out to me.

Real need a lot of investment to stay near the top.

Whats funny is that not long ago ,less than 18 months ago ,after Real hammered Barcelona in the Super Cup people were raving that Real with all their young talent were going to rule La Liga and Europe for the next decade and Barcelona were a spent force.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Much better to watch than some of the other big games I've watched the last week.
    His end product ain't there but if Vinicius can get a team playing well around him he'll be some player. Only Madrid player standing out to me.

If the end product isn't there I doubt he will be at Real for much longer. Grand having Kroos and Modric in the midfield but you need pace around them. Not really there for Real.

An awful lot of play acting too.

I love Ramos though. He has won everything in the game but still has that edge about him.

• Advertisement

Someone tell Asensio the Oscars were last week.

https://twitter.com/RogermartismoTV/status/1101955344870322183

Headshot wrote: »
    Ramos deserved every bit of that and even worse tbh

Good to see him get a dig in the chops there too :)

If the end product isn't there I doubt he will be at Real for much longer.

He's only 18 so he's hardly going to be the finished product.

ERG89 wrote: »
    He's only 18 so he's hardly going to be the finished product.

For me finishing is like sprinting, either there or not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Whats funny is that not long ago ,less than 18 months ago ,after Real hammered Barcelona in the Super Cup people were raving that Real with all their young talent were going to rule La Liga and Europe for the next decade and Barcelona were a spent force.

Remember the fuss about Asensio when he scored two long range shots in those games? The first leg of that game Barcelona should've won 4-1 too.

The question is Barcelona seem to be the only team that can regularly play Madrid without any fear and beat them, especially at the Bernabeu. So why do other teams roll over, especially in the CL....

For me finishing is like sprinting, either there or not.

Tell that to Thierry Henry.

Isco mouthing off at Messi as Real lose, again...LOL.

Armstrong in commentary and Balague and Moyes as pundits in studio is a painful watch.

Barca ten points clear of Atletico who now travel to Real Sociedad - and their record is not good there. Title race looks done and dusted now.

dfx- wrote: »
    Remember the fuss about Asensio when he scored two long range shots in those games? The first leg of that game Barcelona should've won 4-1 too.

The question is Barcelona seem to be the only team that can regularly play Madrid without any fear and beat them, especially at the Bernabeu. So why do other teams roll over, especially in the CL....

Barcelona seem to raise their game against Real ,there is no doubt of that .
    Its their away form in Europe especially over the last few years thats cost them dearly ,they have simply had too many off days away from home in the knock out stages.
    They look solid this year though so should be in with a good shout.

I dont think other teams roll over in the CL ,alot have put it up to Real but Real have enjoyed a huge amount of luck and questionable refereeing decisions over the last 5 years .

• Advertisement

La Liga has been a one horse race after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Barca away form in Europe knock out has been really poor by their standards. I think Valverde's conservatism doesn't help either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Vidal won so many challeges when he came on.

Arthur played well too.

If Valverde is smart he will rest Messi in La Liga a bit more now. Looks tired.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Vidal won so many challeges when he came on.

Arthur played well too.

If Valverde is smart he will rest Messi in La Liga a bit more now. Looks tired.

I've been impressed with Arthur any time I've seen him play this season ,he looks like a really good footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

What is the story with the way Isco is being treated.

Its ok if you are winning,but when you aren't. ......

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭beya2009

fullstop wrote: »
    Isco mouthing off at Messi as Real lose, again...LOL.

lol this is the same Isco that had less than kind words to say about Ronaldo saying we have to move on from a player that didn't want to be at the club...he should focus on getting away from being a bench warmer.

Barcelona seem to raise their game against Real ,there is no doubt of that .
    Its their away form in Europe especially over the last few years thats cost them dearly ,they have simply had too many off days away from home in the knock out stages.
    They look solid this year though so should be in with a good shout.

I dont think other teams roll over in the CL ,alot have put it up to Real but Real have enjoyed a huge amount of luck and questionable refereeing decisions over the last 5 years .

That's a really good point about Braca's struggles away from home in Europe and unfortunately their main man Messi has been missing in a lot of those away games in Europe over the years that has proved costly.

As for Real Madrid's struggles...I have to say for a play that is on paper the best player in the world and that...Modric has been really disappointing this season and doesn't seem to get much flack from supporters as that all goes to Bale...Bale was whistled when he was subbed in most recent el clasico after another shocker.

Basically too many players have not stepped up since Ronaldo left which probably means Ronaldo was able to help others raise their game. Marcelo for example can't even get into the team this season and he was awesome last season.

To be fair what do real madrid expect when Ronaldo leaves along with all his goals and no one is recruited in that department. They simply haven't scored enough goals this season. Too much pressure on their talented young players so they will have to break the bank this summer to get the Hazards/Neymars of this world. Ronaldo leaving should have freed up the wage bill.

Leganes vs Levante is live at 8pm. Eir Sport are showing it.

• Advertisement

Mourinho incoming according to rumours tonight on social media.

https://twitter.com/GoalNews/status/1103764649697308672
    Goal understands the former Manchester United manager is the favourite to take over following Sunday's clash with Real Valladolid and is likely to be named manager through until the end of the season.

Real Madrid executives, headed by Florentino Perez and Jose Angel Sanchez, held a four-hour meeting on Thursday where they decided that Mourinho will be an option to be the club's coach until the end of the season, with it also decided that Sunday's match against Valladolid will be Solari's final game in charge.

The hiring of Mourinho will not be on a full-time basis however, with Madrid still hoping to convince Zinedine Zidane to return to the club's bench for next season.

Madrid would like to bring Zidane back now, but the French manager is not convinced he is in a position to step back in immediately, hoping instead to be available at the end of June.

Mourinho has been far more receptive to approaches from the Spanish giants, both in public and in private, making him the most likely option to take over for the closing run of the Liga season.

They believe a change must be made to stop the bleeding following a week that saw the club knocked out of the Copa del Rey and the Champions League, along with losing a home Clasico to fall 12 points behind leaders Barcelona in La Liga.

Mourinho incoming according to rumours tonight on social media.

https://twitter.com/GoalNews/status/1103764649697308672

It seems a bizarre appointment to say the least.
    Whats the point of Mourinho going there for 2 and a half months ,Real's season is effectively over ,they have nothing to play for.
    I doubt he sees himself as a stopgap ,his ego wouldn't allow him to be an interim manager,he is after all the special one.

Mourinho has been a broken man since his first spell in Spain ,all that nastiness and unsportsmanlike conduct made him extremely bitter .
    He almost became a parody of himself.
    He hasn't been the same manager at all.
    Constantly fighting with his players and publicly criticising them ,he never did that before Real .

He would be their 4th manager in 12 months. Kinda strange that they won 4 of the last 5 European cups but seem a total mess to the point that they could have another new manager in June.
    Can't remember was it Sid Lowe who was saying Mourinho could be brought in (pre Solari) as a cat amongst the pigeons appointment to unsettle players who are too comfortable & perceived to have too much power in the dressing room.
    It's hard to find a good manager nowdays as most have struggled elsewhere or untested at a high level.
    Madrid need a serious facelift which doesn't help matters.

It seems a bizarre appointment to say the least.
    Whats the point of Mourinho going there for 2 and a half months ,Real's season is effectively over ,they have nothing to play for.
    I doubt he sees himself as a stopgap ,his ego wouldn't allow him to be an interim manager,he is after all the special one.

Mourinho has been a broken man since his first spell in Spain ,all that nastiness and unsportsmanlike conduct made him extremely bitter .
    He almost became a parody of himself.
    He hasn't been the same manager at all.
    Constantly fighting with his players and publicly criticising them ,he never did that before Real .

Couldn't agree more.

I think this would be the most possible appointment for Real Madrid.

The man is toxic, and has proven that he's a dinosaur. Players don't want to play under him, so appointing him and his negative tactics is sheer madness.

Decent article on BBC Football about Madrid's 3 other football clubs.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47363312

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Valladolid with a missed penalty and 2 goals disallowed by VAR 18 minutes into the game against Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Valladolid finally get a goal that is not disallowed.

Totally dominating Madrid.

Jose incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Widely reported that Zidane is coming back to manage Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Bale will never play for Real Madrid again now.

Real will get Hazard & Eriksen in the summer if they can't get Neymar or Mbappe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

• Advertisement
Advertisement