Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay Scales for teachers

Options
  • 13-08-2018 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi

My wife is a teacher on the middle pay grade for qualified teachers. I think as part of the new deal that there is only two pay grades now. One before 2011 and one after. She had a few of her own hours as an un-qualified teacher in local schools as they couldn't find any teacher. She had a bio-chemistry degree. She later returned to do the Hibernia course and got her own hours in a local school following getting her teaching qualification. She is getting paid on the new scales. Can she qualify for the pre 2011 scale?

Thanks very much for reading. Hopefully someone can help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Hi

My wife is a teacher on the middle pay grade for qualified teachers. I think as part of the new deal that there is only two pay grades now. One before 2011 and one after. She had a few of her own hours as an un-qualified teacher in local schools as they couldn't find any teacher. She had a bio-chemistry degree. She later returned to do the Hibernia course and got her own hours in a local school following getting her teaching qualification. She is getting paid on the new scales. Can she qualify for the pre 2011 scale?

Thanks very much for reading. Hopefully someone can help!

Did she sub in an ETB school prior to 2011? If so, you did not need a teacher qualification and holding a degree deemed you qualified. If it were a voluntary secondary school then she was unqualified and will not have received the qualified rate. If it's the latter, then she is on the correct scale but could move up the scale depending on the number of hours she worked and you have proof of these hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I think this is the circular here, https://www.education.ie/en/Circulars-and-Forms/Archived-Circulars/cl0040_2011.pdf unless there's a new one.
    The term to use is 'reckonable service for incremental purposes'.
    The ETB's used to be called VEC's, so you could ask her if it were a VEC or Voluntary (generally speaking; the Voluntary schools would be single sex/ run by religious order).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 coachcarter

Thank you very much

Advertisement