Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homeless shelter set a light

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

If someone is detainable under the MH Act and the Gardai are notified, they will be detained.

You would want to check your facts. That is longer the case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

it bloody well should be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

it bloody well should be!

Why? This is a health issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Graces7 wrote: »
    Why? This is a health issue.

They've been declared detainable.

Mental health facilities generally don't do that for GAD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

If someone is detainable under the MH Act and the Gardai are notified, they will be detained.

Only after the Gardai have spent hours trying to convince a family member, usually one who has suffered physical abuse at the hands of the mentally ill person in question, that it's not worth the hassle, that they should give them another chance, that it would be less embarrassing for everyone just to take them home etc etc. In ny experience. Many times over. And when said person repeatedly escapes from where they were detained they will again focus their resources on convincing the family members to just let them back in home and just let it go.

To be sectioned doesn't happen any. Involuntary admission has to be passed by s board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Eh, I work in that area. It is a fact. I’ve advised people if this, I’ve spoken with Gardai about this, and unfortunately, I had to have a family member detained like this.

It 100% is that case, as it stands, right now. It is called an involuntary admission. It’s form 3 for the gardai to do it.

Eh, I work in that area. It is a fact. I’ve advised people if this, I’ve spoken with Gardai about this, and unfortunately, I had to have a family member detained like this.

It 100% is that case, as it stands, right now. It is called an involuntary admission. It’s form 3 for the gardai to do it.

If you are working In the field you are wrong. And you should go to upskill. An involuntary admission is not what was "Sectioned" I am also very familiar with the field.

Please feel free to enquire and maybe update your knowledge
    (091) 544458

Every day is a school day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If you are working In the field you are wrong. And you should go to upskill. An involuntary admission is not what was "Sectioned" I am also very familiar with the field.

Please feel free to enquire and maybe update your knowledge
    (091) 544458

Every day is a school day

Enquire?? I deal with it on a daily basis.

• Advertisement
Advertisement