Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban from after hours

Options
  • 13-08-2018 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Hi I was banned from AH for personal abuse, I called a poster a moron in the Woman and kids in the Garda station

I am really sorry for my actions and I am willing to apologize to the poster

I would be grateful if I could be back in AH because after Liveline, AH is one of the best groups

Best regards

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Can you discuss with the mod that banned you and see if you can come to an agreement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I did
    They still upheld it and referred me to this forum

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Ok. Can you post here or pm me a transcript of your conversation with the mod.

ear glenfieldman,

You have been permanently banned from After Hours for personal abuse.

This site is for civil discussion and so we don't allow discussion to descend into name calling and petty abuse.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

ancapailldorcha

Moderator Note

p=107759665. You've had enough warnings by now.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by glenfieldman View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 17-pdr View Post
    That kinda flew over your head a little bit didn't it........?
    I think Mr Wheeliebin may be a troll or a moron

Hi,

You had your last ban reduced by a mod. I'm not sure that doing it again would achieve any good so I am upholding the ban.

You are welcome to appeal in DRP.

Regards,
    ancapailldorcha

Hi,

You have caused problems here before by being abusive. I am upholding the ban and will no longer respond to PM's.

Regards,
    ancapailldorcha

I cannot see my reply's to the MOD

• Advertisement

I cannot see my reply's to the MOD

Look at sent items in your pms.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Look at sent items in your pms.

It says i have 0 messages in sent folder

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It says i have 0 messages in sent folder

Sent items aren't saved by default unfortunately, hence they may not be there.

Spear wrote: »
    Sent items aren't saved by default unfortunately, hence they may not be there.

Really??

I will ask the mod.

ACD could you please post the pms here?

Ok. I have reviewed the pms.

As a standalone event I would have no hesitation in lifting this ban given your engagement in this process however a review of your record to date reveals a very poor track record within after hours. Since May 2016 you have received the following
    A warning for calling people names
    A ban for trolling
    A ban for personal abuse
    A further ban for abuse
    another infraction for abuse
    a ban for racism
    another ban for personal abuse
    and now this ban for (you guessed it) personal abuse.

You have been given repeated adequate warning and I find that the mods have been more than lenient with you and have given you enough chances. Ban upheld.

I would suggest you give it 6 months or so. If there are no further actions on your account maybe approach the mods again to see if they will allow you back in.

• Advertisement

Ok. I have reviewed the pms.

As a standalone event I would have no hesitation in lifting this ban given your engagement in this process however a review of your record to date reveals a very poor track record within after hours. Since May 2016 you have received the following
    A warning for calling people names
    A ban for trolling
    A ban for personal abuse
    A further ban for abuse
    another infraction for abuse
    a ban for racism
    another ban for personal abuse
    and now this ban for (you guessed it) personal abuse.

You have been given repeated adequate warning and I find that the mods have been more than lenient with you and have given you enough chances. Ban upheld.

I would suggest you give it 6 months or so. If there are no further actions on your account maybe approach the mods again to see if they will allow you back in.

Ah seriously, ok I realize that previous bans were down to drunk me.
    But the last one thread ban, a lot of posters said worse than me
    6 months I think is a bit too much when other posters have been more abusive than I was

Please a one month ban at least ?

Ah seriously, ok I realize that previous bans were down to drunk me.
    But the last one thread ban, a lot of posters said worse than me
    6 months I think is a bit too much when other posters have been more abusive than I was

Please a one month ban at least ?

Ok the halawa comment was a bit severe

And yes the traveller comment was a bit much

But I haven’t been as much as a troll of dick as a lot of your posters

But I haven’t been as much as a troll of dick as a lot of your posters

Report the posts and the mods will look at them

I didn’t / want to report them
    I just thought it was banter
    Like I thought mine was banter
    Is there any chance you can up hold my ban

I didn’t / want to report them
    I just thought it was banter
    Like I thought mine was banter
    Is there any chance you can up hold my ban

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP - The CMod has indicated that they are not willing to overturn the ban. PM me if you have any questions.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement