Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed IP and TV Services

Options
  • 13-08-2018 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Looking to change Broadband and TV provider to EIR. I need a Fixed IP adress to connect to work etc, but I'm told you can't get a Fixed IP if you have EIR's TV service, is that correct?

I'm not bothered if the actual IP doesn't change that often, I'm with UPC currently and that hasn't changed in 12 mths, is the reality with EIR similar

I'm baffled on the TV services you can't get a Fixed IP

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Stingray wrote: »
    Looking to change Broadband and TV provider to EIR. I need a Fixed IP adress to connect to work etc, but I'm told you can't get a Fixed IP if you have EIR's TV service, is that correct?

I'm not bothered if the actual IP doesn't change that often, I'm with UPC currently and that hasn't changed in 12 mths, is the reality with EIR similar

I'm baffled on the TV services you can't get a Fixed IP

Thanks
    Hi Stingray, 

I'm afraid this is correct, the eVision service won't work with a fixed IP address. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement