Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Gates installers and general advice

Options
  • 13-08-2018 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Looking to install electric gates in the next few months.

Preference is for a sliding T&G painted timber gate with intercom and camera (Gate will be exposed to strong westerly winds fighting gates if they opened into driveway so going with slider).

Entrance is 4.8m wide and piers about 1.5m heigh.
    We have wired from hall to piers as was new build 2 years ago.

We have a Siemens 4320 IP control panel alarm and I use the SPC Connect App to monitor it.

1 - Does Siemens / SPC Connect also supports automated gates control?

2 - Any general advice on what to look out for to ensure a reliable and professional setup?

3 - Any advice on reputable suppliers and installers? (We are in south Meath close to Dublin.)

4 - Roughly what cost am I looking at?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

rodge123 wrote: »

Preference is for a sliding T&G painted timber gate with intercom and camera (Gate will be exposed to strong westerly winds fighting gates if they opened into driveway so going with slider).

We have a Siemens 4320 IP control panel alarm and I use the SPC Connect App to monitor it.

2 - Any general advice on what to look out for to ensure a reliable and professional setup?

3 - Any advice on reputable suppliers and installers? (We are in south Meath close to Dublin.)

Thanks

Anyone?

Maybe question would be better in a different forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

I fitted new gates last year. Got all kit from AES Ltd. Located at. Kinsale road roundabout in cork city.. but I didn't connect to alarm etc..just controller box in wall near gates and inside in house is stand alone wall panel..with intercom and 2 channel gate controller.. open /close. Or lock gate anywhere between open or closed.. I found them very good to deal with. The only issue I had was their supplied waterproof outdoor ip67 box wasn't very big for fitting any extra joint boxes etc and also leaked water into circuit board..I replaced their box with a decent outdoor one sourced locally for about 100 euros perfect since..aes had a very wide range of options. Give them a call for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

Our electric gates are connected to an output on the SPC 4320 via a relay. On the app I can just trigger the output and it is the same as pressing the button for the gate. Pretty simple setup though and the SPC has no idea of the state of the gate i.e. open or closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

rodge123 wrote: »

Thanks
    I was told that sliders shouldn't be solid if they are exposed to wind. They can be blown off the track when moving.

Advertisement