Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Airports now charging for dropping off passengers! Don't do it DAA!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

to be fair to shannon there's a free 15 minutes

What you need to be doing when just dropping off that would take more than 15 minutes.

If you we're dropping someone and it would take a while older person who needed assistance etc expect to park up and pay thats only fair

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Nijmegen wrote: »
    There's two related issues here: Congestion and pollution.
    " nearby major roads that EU limits are being broken, by people driving to and from it."
    There are good arguments for pushing people to take public transport to the airport. Of course, I must jump in before someone points out that public transport links to Dublin airport are (depending on where you live) somewhere between inadequate and non-existent. Naturally you'd need to ensure that getting to the airport is easy before you start charging people for driving there.

Just to jump in there... The new traffic light arrangements at the airport roundabout are causing massive amounts of congestion and i'm sure pollution from slow moving stop/start traffic.
    As well as the fact they have the lane for going left towards the airport roundabout out of use and painted yellow, forcing all lanes from the M1 into 2 and having to que just to go left towards city direction..

Anyone know if there's more changes to the airport roundabout due?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Many airports gov 20-30 minutes free. Would be a bad move for DAA to do this

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Just to jump in there... The new traffic light arrangements at the airport roundabout are causing massive amounts of congestion and i'm sure pollution from slow moving stop/start traffic.
    As well as the fact they have the lane for going left towards the airport roundabout out of use and painted yellow, forcing all lanes from the M1 into 2 and having to que just to go left towards city direction..

Anyone know if there's more changes to the airport roundabout due?

Needs to be turned in to full freeflow flyover. Also roundabout on the M1 is a total joke and should have been freeflow. That will have to be rebuilt too.

That's Irish planning for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

Dusseldorf introduce 8 minute set-down limit then payment due.
    http://www.airliners.de/acht-minuten-halt-duesseldorfer-flughafen/46521

If everyone didn't abuse fair usage there would be no need for this sort of thing or 25 litre cabin bags on Ryanair. My 44l rucksack fits beneath the seat in front of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

rivegauche wrote: »
    Dusseldorf introduce 8 minute set-down limit then payment due.
    http://www.airliners.de/acht-minuten-halt-duesseldorfer-flughafen/46521

If everyone didn't abuse fair usage there would be no need for this sort of thing or 25 litre cabin bags on Ryanair. My 44l rucksack fits beneath the seat in front of me.

As long as the rule also applies to Taxis then its fine, they are usually the culprits causing jams in departures drop off area anyway. :mad:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

redcup342 wrote: »
    As long as the rule also applies to Taxis then its fine, they are usually the culprits causing jams in departures drop off area anyway. :mad:

What should be happening is that any taxi on the departure set down road without a driver present should be towed, and clamped somewhere out of the way, with an appropriate fine for the driver.

Having said that, if the departure set down road for T1 was changed to put the through lane in the middle, it would at least make it easier to get in and out of parking bays, and a lot safer for dropping off families with children, but that's not high on DAA's agenda unfortunately.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement