Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mounting tv on wall- difference in quality & recommendation

• 13-08-2018 9:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm going to mount a tv on my wall (either Samsung 43" or Sony 46"). I had a look online and in Currys and prices vary massively. Not 100% decided on fixed mount of tilting/full motion one.

1. Is there much difference in quality? As long as the mount holds the tv how can they vary?

2. Any recommendations on brand and shop/website please?

Thanks,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Don't buy a TV mount in a shop that sells TVs. Add-ons have a massive markup because they regard you as a captive audience who isn't bothered to shop around - same applies to HDMI cables and TV furniture.

There's a big range on Amazon, that's where I'd buy one. When you decide on the TV you're going to buy, get the weight from the specs. sheet on the manufacturer's website and make sure that the TV mount can handle at least that weight +25%. Don't buy a mount that simply describes itself as supporting up to a particular screen size.

Advertisement