Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clamped

Options
  • 13-08-2018 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I was clamped in a private apartment parking by the NCPS. I live in the complex and they issued the notice with the incorrect registration on it for my visitors car? If the incorrect license reg is on it can it be enforced?

The clamp is also not on correctly, I can lift down the front of the clamp completely (to access the nuts to remove the wheel)

I'm afraid if I call them to tell them the wrong reg is on the notice they will go and issue a new notice immediately or should I just remove the wheel, and take of the clamp?(would this work?)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Is the car parked where it should be with a proper permit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

orlyo wrote: »
    I was clamped in a private apartment parking by the NCPS. I live in the complex and they issued the notice with the incorrect registration on it for my visitors car? If the incorrect license reg is on it can it be enforced?

The clamp is also not on correctly, I can lift down the front of the clamp completely (to access the nuts to remove the wheel)

I'm afraid if I call them to tell them the wrong reg is on the notice they will go and issue a new notice immediately or should I just remove the wheel, and take of the clamp?(would this work?)

The answer is in your question ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 orlyo

It was in the visitor parking. The parking expired at 1:30am on Sunday morning, came back from work at 2:10am and they had clamped the vehicle.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

orlyo wrote: »
    It was in the visitor parking. The parking expired at 1:30am on Sunday morning, came back from work at 2:10am and they had clamped the vehicle.

so it was then illegally parked as it wasn't parked inline with the requirement to have a valid permit at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Cases have been thrown out, in court, because of technicalities regarding incorrect registration numbers. The fact that the reg is incorrect on the notice, then one would argue that is wasn't the visitors vehicle. If it's possible to remove the clamp with damaging it, then they don't really have a leg to stand on because because of the incorrect reg on notice. IMHO

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Cabaal wrote: »
    so it was then illegally parked as it wasn't parked inline with the requirement to have a valid permit at the time.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭kirving

If it was your car, and you came back to it at 1.32am, I'm 100% certain that you'd stand by your point.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If it was your car, and you came back to it at 1.32am, I'm 100% certain that you'd stand by your point.

Nobody came back at 1.32am, if they did I'd imagine they'd have been fine.

you may wish to re-read what OP posted
    The parking expired at 1:30am on Sunday morning, came back from work at 2:10am and they had clamped the vehicle.

So it was expired by 40 minutes,
    If you paid for street parking and you arrived 40 minute after the ticket expired would you stand by your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

This is not what the OP asked, this is:
    If the incorrect license reg is on it can it be enforced?

Can you answer that?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Pfft. Private clampers don't care if the details on it are 1000000% incorrect. That's the game they're in. Hopefully some kind person known as "ClamperMan" somehow removes the clamp and disposes of all evidence it was on your car. Sure what evidence would there be if the details were wrong... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Hi OP. NCPS are charging you a fee to remove their clamp from your car. If you can remove it without damaging it, because maybe it wasn't put on right in the first place then there is no need to pay a fee. Just leave the clamp close to where you found IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 orlyo

Nobody came back at 1.32am, if they did I'd imagine they'd have been fine.

you may wish to re-read what OP posted

So it was expired by 40 minutes,
    If you paid for street parking and you arrived 40 minute after the ticket expired would you stand by your point?

I know the time lapsed, thats not what I'm asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Just take the f*cking thing off and tell them they can come collect their un-damaged clamp whenever they want.

However if they don't do it within a week you will start charging a storage fee of 20 euros per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,292 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If you can take the bastard thing off, just take it off. Fcuk them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Private company, f**k them! Illegal or not. Remove it and leave it there!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Private company, f**k them! Illegal or not. Remove it and leave it there!

Private property so the OP will be constantly clamped everytime they go home. Removing the clamp only works if you never intend parking there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Del2005 wrote: »
    Private property so the OP will be constantly clamped everytime they go home. Removing the clamp only works if you never intend parking there again.
    Hope the clamping company has a never ending supply of clamps.

If it was me, I would cut it off (have done 4 times on private property without any repercussions)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Yeh 'cos the guy on €10 an hour in a soul destroying job is going to be paying that much attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Take it off and move on with your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Hebegeebee

Yeh 'cos the guy on €10 an hour in a soul destroying job is going to be paying that much attention!

And especially so when the wrong details of the car have also been recorded!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

RustyNut wrote: »
    Hi OP. NCPS are charging you a fee to remove their clamp from your car. If you can remove it without damaging it, because maybe it wasn't put on right in the first place then there is no need to pay a fee. Just leave the clamp close to where you found IT.

+1. It's a removal fee, not a Fine.

Take it off and stick it in your boot. Stick a note in your window:

"Clamps attached to this vehicle will require an €85 retrieval fee before being returned"

When they come looking for it, demand payment from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

They won't need to pay attention. The OP broke the parking rules in their development and got clamped. If they remove the clamp they will loose access to the development parking and so if they park there they won't be registered/have a valid pass so will be clamped again. The soul destroying job could become interesting if you know that you will be able to clamp every time you go to the development.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

They won't need to pay attention. The OP broke the parking rules in their development and got clamped. If they remove the clamp they will loose access to the development parking and so if they park there they won't be registered/have a valid pass so will be clamped again. The soul destroying job could become interesting if you know that you will be able to clamp every time you go to the development.

But surely if they check his reg next time there will be no record of it ever being clamped..?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

jim salter wrote: »
    Hope the clamping company has a never ending supply of clamps.

If it was me, I would cut it off (have done 4 times on private property without any repercussions)

4 times? You must be doing something wrong, I'm driving since 1989 and have been clamped a total of zero times.

One has to ask the question, why is clamping everywhere in Ireland? It's not to make money, it's because of arsehole and pisstake parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

You mean the Private Clampers are not in it for the Money !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

4 times? You must be doing something wrong, I'm driving since 1989 and have been clamped a total of zero times.

One has to ask the question, why is clamping everywhere in Ireland? It's not to make money, it's because of arsehole and pisstake parking.

In one housing estate it was brought purely for money reasons... but people kept removing the clamps and clamping stopped.

They will only do it as long as they keep making money. Once they are not, they move on. :)

I am all for clamping as means of regulating a parking issues and I've been on the receiving end by being late to come back to the car so I know how that feels like and it's ****, but having to pay for parking at your own house and having some 3rd party company dictating to me how often, for how long and having to pay to have my visitors over... no way.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

You have absolutely no clue of the situations I was clamped in so try not be a complete díckhead. Maybe, just maybe I was proving a point and maybe, just maybe I did prove my point
    Hahahahahaha, it's not to make money....yeah right...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,368 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

antodeco wrote: »
    Pfft. Private clampers don't care if the details on it are 1000000% incorrect. That's the game they're in. Hopefully some kind person known as "ClamperMan" somehow removes the clamp and disposes of all evidence it was on your car. Sure what evidence would there be if the details were wrong... ;)

The OP lives in the estate and they take a picture of the car when clamping it. That would be idiotic in the extreme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Regardless of what sort of fancy language a "management company" puts in their literature, generally interfering with a vehicle that you don't own is a criminal offence.

The exception being situations in which there are legal provisions to do so in place like for example the Road Traffic Act, local authority bye laws and so on.

Advertisement