Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clamped

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

jim salter wrote: »
    You have absolutely no clue of the situations I was clamped in so try not be a complete díckhead. Maybe, just maybe I was proving a point and maybe, just maybe I did prove my point

Hahahahahaha, it's not to make money....yeah right...

I worked on the road from 2000 till 2009. I visited offices, factories, schools and airports in towns, cities and industrial estates anywhere between Galway and Cork. And even did a few stints in Dublin.
    A lot of those had clamping policies in effect.
    After careful consideration I concluded that if you simply stick to the rules, you won't get clamped! (#mindblown!)
    It's not difficult, it's not voodoo, it's just not parking like a dick.

Now that's sorted, let's get to the money.
    Of course the clampers want to make money. Don't we all?
    But I am sure that management companies of housing estates, schools, factories, industrial estates and the likes do NOT want to have to hire clampers.
    But just looking at the arsehole parking going on in Ireland WITH clamping, I shudder to think what it would be like without.
    For some excellent examples I can recommend an very entertaining thread right here on Motors.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057761511/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Wildcard7

I worked on the road from 2000 till 2009. I visited offices, factories, schools and airports in towns, cities and industrial estates anywhere between Galway and Cork. And even did a few stints in Dublin.
    A lot of those had clamping policies in effect.
    After careful consideration I concluded that if you simply stick to the rules, you won't get clamped! (#mindblown!)
    It's not difficult, it's not voodoo, it's just not parking like a dick.

Now that's sorted, let's get to the money.
    Of course the clampers want to make money. Don't we all?
    But I am sure that management companies of housing estates, schools, factories, industrial estates and the likes do NOT want to have to hire clampers.
    But just looking at the arsehole parking going on in Ireland WITH clamping, I shudder to think what it would be like without.
    For some excellent examples I can recommend an very entertaining thread right here on Motors.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057761511/1

I often wonder about that.
    - You move into an appartment complex
    - The number of parking spots is limited
    - You want to ensure that people park where and how they're supposed to, so you actually get to use your own spot
    - The management company hires clampers for that purpose
    - You eventually get clamped yourself because you forgot to renew/display your permit or parked where you shouldn't have
    - OMG FÜCK CLAMPERS WHAT A RIP OFF HOW DARE THEY

Am I the only one who can't see the logic in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Regardless of what sort of fancy language a "management company" puts in their literature, generally interfering with a vehicle that you don't own is a criminal offence.

If love to see that argument work on a private land... please let us all know how you get on.

This is the biggest misconception around.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Regardless of what sort of fancy language a "management company" puts in their literature, generally interfering with a vehicle that you don't own is a criminal offence.

The exception being situations in which there are legal provisions to do so in place like for example the Road Traffic Act, local authority bye laws and so on.

Since neither side has even gone to court this is BS as there's never been a judgement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The exception being situations in which there are legal provisions to do so in place like for example the Road Traffic Act, local authority bye laws and so on.

or if you have contractually agreed to it via your leasehold agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Be thankful Ireland doesn't have clamps of shame

https://www.denhaag.nl/en/parking/paid-parking-and-fines/wheel-clamp.htm
    Yellow wheel clamp
    You can get a yellow wheel clamp on your car if:

You have not paid your parking fine within 14 days and the municipality is unable to trace the owner of the car.
    Your car has a foreign number plate and you get a parking fine. This applies to cars registered in countries which do not have arrangements with the Netherlands on exchanging personal details.
    Red wheel clamp
    You can get a red wheel clamp on your car if the bailiff from the Municipal Tax Department seizes your vehicle because you are behind in paying your municipal taxes.

Effectively Yellow means you are from Ireland/The UK or some eastern european country.

Red means you are dirty tax dodger.

Private clamping has effectively been banned, so the car parks just put in gates with various methods of authentication to operate them.

Advertisement