Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir sending texts in middle of night

Options
  • 13-08-2018 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭

and again, my phone tops up automatically  and eir text me at 4:30am to say thanks for topping up.  

Where can I change from text notifications to email notifications?    

and dont suggest turning off notifications on my phone because you dont care if you wake me up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

well ? PAYG phone, auto top up every 28 days, you run overnight batch jobs and text people at 4:30 in the morning "thanks for topping up" , not always maybe once every 3-4 months.   but when you do you wake up the owner of the phone.  Why do you do it?  how to stop it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭RGB LDN

well ? PAYG phone, auto top up every 28 days, you run overnight batch jobs and text people at 4:30 in the morning "thanks for topping up" , not always maybe once every 3-4 months.   but when you do you wake up the owner of the phone.  Why do you do it?  how to stop it?
    They won't email you about topping up. They text to confirm that your top up actually went through, and that your plan's allowances have renewed. If you don't want to get the text notification you can just hide notifications from that number (if you have in iPhone, you can probs get an app if your on android)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

First world problems

RGB LDN wrote: »
    They won't email you about topping up. They text to confirm that your top up actually went through, and that your plan's allowances have renewed. If you don't want to get the text notification you can just hide notifications from that number (if you have in iPhone, you can probs get an app if your on android)
    didnt know you could do that.   applied it to the number.  thanks

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    First world problems
    people who say that are a first world problem, usually just out of school and have read the words "first world problem" in the last couple of weeks  and got a really warm feeling inside as they can then use it to describe any problem that they've never had themselves.      You'll get there fella, keep at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Clint silver,

Unfortunately we are unable to stop these messages as they are complimentary to advise you that your phone has been topped up.

The only advise we can offer is to silence the nofications from ourselves.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

people who say that are a first world problem, usually just out of school and have read the words "first world problem" in the last couple of weeks  and got a really warm feeling inside as they can then use it to describe any problem that they've never had themselves.      You'll get there fella, keep at it.

I see. Hope you don't get heavily inconvenienced by a notification on your own phone again.

Hi Clint silver,

Unfortunately we are unable to stop these messages as they are complimentary to advise you that your phone has been topped up.

The only advise we can offer is to silence the nofications from ourselves.

Thanks

Tracey
    Its not the message Tracey, you can send me any message you want during the day.    Its the 4:30 in the morning.   

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Its not the message Tracey, you can send me any message you want during the day.    Its the 4:30 in the morning.   [/quote

I understand your frustration however we are unable to control the times of these messages. This is an automatic system in place.

I'm sorry it's not better news.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Its not the message Tracey, you can send me any message you want during the day.    Its the 4:30 in the morning.   
    You recieve the message a few seconds after the the top up occurs, so it seems your auto top up is going through at 4.30am, maybe disable and reenable the auto top up and it should happen at a different time.

• Advertisement

You recieve the message a few seconds after the the top up occurs, so it seems your auto top up is going through at 4.30am, maybe disable and reenable the auto top up and it should happen at a different time.

While not a bad idea if it was related, its an overnight batch job that's running this, nothing to do with time I created the initial topup.   

I went over the previous times,  earliest Ive got it is just after 3am, latest is between 8-9am  which is a reasonable time.  

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

Its not the message Tracey, you can send me any message you want during the day.    Its the 4:30 in the morning.   [/quote

I understand your frustration however we are unable to control the times of these messages. This is an automatic system in place.  

I'm sorry it's not better news.

Thanks

Tracey
    Why don't you invest in a better system, should be fairly straight forward to add in a script to delay sending out these messages until the morning, rather then the middle of the night.

I mean saying there isn't anything you can do is an incorrect statement. Of course you could do it, there is just no will to direct this towards the proper IT and Development team too work a solution.

Advertisement