Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Astroturfing

• 13-08-2018 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I had no idea this was such a big thing, is it a thing in Ireland?
    Its pretty fecking scary!

Definition below btw
    the deceptive practice of presenting an orchestrated marketing or public relations campaign in the guise of unsolicited comments from members of the public.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Thankfully we don't have political TV adverts like the USA but interest groups do certainly create websites, facebook pages and run adverts online with dark money. The recent ref showed that lots of this was happening on the NO side and this is why only they got awful upset when adverts from outside Ireland were banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

gmisk wrote: »
    Ok I had no idea this was such a big thing, is it a thing in Ireland?

Yeah, there's whole leagues devoted to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I prefer Rodney's interpretation:

Advertisement