Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin ,what network do they use ?

Options
  • 13-08-2018 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi I’m thinking of getting a virgin contract what network do they use

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As long as you dont use Park By Text, KBC, BoI or a rake of other services they might be worth considering. For most people they're dysfunctional and you should just go to Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

For the basics they are ok, but there's a few annoyances I found:
    You can't use short text numbers eg 50XXX
    Coverage is hit and miss, even in Dublin city centre it's slow at times
    Their site is messy to navigate
    Customer support the few times I've had to call are not great

That being said, in general they are ok I just won't be staying after my contract is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Have a look at the Vodafone "Data User plan" thread in Bargain Alerts. Best value plan out there. Just a bit of a pain to avail of but worth it imo. Ymmv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

Mr.S wrote: »

Virgin use the Three Network, and Three use the old O2 network for MNVO's like Virgin.

Virgin are not on the old o2 network. Tesco and 48 are. Hence no 4G

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Virgin are not on the old o2 network. Tesco and 48 are. Hence no 4G

No longer entirely the case. 272-02 is nearly gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

4g on Virgin is ok in Dublin but dreadful when I go outside the Pale. My wife is on Vodafone and has a significantly better signal strength compared to Virgin.

Advertisement