Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card charged without authorization

Options
  • 13-08-2018 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there
    My travel insurance provider processed a payment for my policy on the credit card details of my husband despite them been given continuos authority to charge them to my credit card. The credit card details that they hold on me relate to a card that was cancelled last year due to 2 fraudulent transactions. It was only when i rang them in may to give them my new cards detailis did they confirm that the payment had been procesded on my husbands credit card account despite them not having the authorisation to process a payment from this account. We have been unable to establish how they accessed his account information. I subdequently made a formal complaint with them re this and they have confirmed that they only have my credit card details in respect of the annual renewal of travel insurance policy. I've also formally complained to my bank who have completed their investigation and they have recommended that I check with my insurance provider what credit card details the insurance provider holds in relation to me . So I am getting nowhere with either institution. My next step is the financial ombudsman-any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closing this thread as you have a duplicate thread open in the Banking & Insurance & Pensions forum also. In future, please open one thread only per topic. Thanks!

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement