Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Win for Antifa

• 13-08-2018 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭

I now antifa get some bad press but last year hundreds of far right nazi's and white supremacists marched in Charlottesville North Carolina this year only a handful took part.

Looks like counter protesting these guys works.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Both sides are morons.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭Mike Hoch

Trump was 100% right, as he usually is. Bad people on both sides or whatever he said. To describe Antifa as being anything worthwhile is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

What was I reading / listening to that being / claiming to be anti fascist is the default state?

Oh yeah...!

@4mins 13seconds
    I see people who define themselves as anti fascist on their twitter profiles. Who isn't?! I'm sorry that's the default setting. It's not impressive to be anti fascist. Imagine showing off about that? "I am NOT a fascist!" Good! What do you want a f*ckin' medal? Not endorsing fascism is about as common as not endorsing fingering children. Can we not just work from the assumption that most people, even people we don't like, aren't fascists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

A win for Antifa is like a win at the Special Olympics...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

A win for Antifa is like a win at the Special Olympics...

First version of that joke I heard was "arguing on the internet is like a win at the special olympics."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

20Cent wrote: »
    I now antifa get some bad press but last year hundreds of far right nazi's and white supremacists marched in Charlottesville North Carolina this year only a handful took part.

so they attacked the police instead that ll show their parents that they are real hard core eh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Is it good or bad that I knew who started this thread before clicking on it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Is it good or bad that I knew who started this thread before clicking on it?

makes it easier to read boards for me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭Mike Hoch

Unemployable left wing people put the bong down for more than five seconds to 'mobilise' against the phantom bogeyman that is the 'alt-right'?

Ok then.

I just find it hilarious that people whose political parties typically achieve 4 percent of the vote in this country think they have a right to no platform people.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭warsaw2018

gommunism will win
    hail gomrade stalin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

mynamejeff wrote: »
    so they attacked the police instead that ll show their parents that they are real hard core eh ?

Actually the police attacked them and protected the fascist group. Still only about 20 took part compared to hundreds last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Antifa should be classed as a terrorist organization. Couldn't believe that bike lock guy only got probation for almost killing six people.

Are they still stabbing police horses?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTk7cN1C4OLKvCvWgPFcx8nV09fCz-EZ3Mg6Rnvjns4bajx7uBq

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

This thread is like more than 50% re-reg

This thread is like more than 50% re-reg

Why don’t you report them or something?

2 legs good
    four legs bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Is anyone who counter protests at a far right rally considered as Antifa? Just wondering.

I find them funny to be honest. It usually doesn’t end well for them.

• Advertisement

Pa8301 wrote: »
    Is anyone who counter protests at a far right rally considered as Antifa? Just wondering.
    does a bear **** in the woods

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I find them funny to be honest. It usually doesn’t end well for them.

And yet it was the right wing guys too scared to show up :p

*not an antifa fan but some balance is needed here

warsaw2018 wrote: »
    does a bear **** in the woods

So the only possible reason that a person could be counter protesting at a far right rally is that they are a member of Antifa. Is that what you're saying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Members of the public doing something like protesting is very troublesome. It's easier to associate them all with one group or public figure. Then you can stick it to them all for the actions of others. Case in point, Paul Murphy. All anti-IW protesters were suddenly supporters and defenders of Paul Murphy. You could condemn Murphy then anyone protesting by association. A lot easier than insulting the electorate or addressing the problem. All Home Sweet Home Supporters allies of Brendan Ogle etc. etc.
    A lot handier than having to accept some ordinary members of the public disagree with you or are pointing out bad policy.
    I always thought these protesters not affiliated with anything but human decency should carry the American flag and wave it at the racists marching. Might let Trump know he's an apologist for the wrong side by making across the board equal measure comparisons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Less nazis sounds like a win for everyone.

So the only possible reason that a person could be counter protesting at a far right rally is that they are a member of Antifa. Is that what you're saying?
    so you're saying

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTk7cN1C4OLKvCvWgPFcx8nV09fCz-EZ3Mg6Rnvjns4bajx7uBq

Wrong way around.
    The internet Nazi's didn't show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

What about the poor little Nazis' right to free thpeech?

• Advertisement

so you're saying

No, you lumped every counter-protestor in with Antifa with your "Does a bear **** in the woods" response.

What about the poor little Nazis' right to free thpeech?
    >The right organizes a "unite the right rally"
    >leftists assemble 50,000 communists, gays, non-whites, feminists, antifa to counter protest
    >they are all ready for war
    >but only 5 right wing people show up
    >they just say "we are not white supremacists" and leave after 20 min
    >50,000 leftists are left with nothing to protest
    >the begin destroying the city, fighting with each other and attacking the police
    >Now there is hours of footage of leftists acting deranged and destroying America
    >That footage will be used to elect right wing people for years

Actually the police attacked them and protected the fascist group. Still only about 20 took part compared to hundreds last year.

actually no they didnt , :)

Richard Spencer gave up his college tour. Milo who? Far right movements splitting up and dissapearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Richard Spencer gave up his college tour. Milo who? Far right movements splitting up and dissapearing.

It is really odd how so many obnoxious people can't get along with each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Not when those against them go out and act like morons themselves. Antifa attacked the police at the march. If the white supremacists attacked the police we'd be hearing about it for days. Donald was right about them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

>The right organizes a "unite the right rally"
    >leftists assemble 50,000 communists, gays, non-whites, feminists, antifa to counter protest
    >they are all ready for war
    >but only 5 right wing people show up
    >they just say "we are not white supremacists" and leave after 20 min
    >50,000 leftists are left with nothing to protest
    >the begin destroying the city, fighting with each other and attacking the police
    >Now there is hours of footage of leftists acting deranged and destroying America
    >That footage will be used to elect right wing people for years

Pretty obvious where your sympathies lie, Rereginald.

and thats not fascism in your mind ?

Berserker wrote: »
    Not when those against them go out and act like morons themselves. Antifa attacked the police at the march. If the white supremacists attacked the police we'd be hearing about it for days. Donald was right about them.

A guy was shot in the head with a flash bang by the cops. Wearing a helmet saved his life. Cops attacked the counterprotesters.

WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR FACTS
    DO YOU MAKE THEM UP YOURSELF

Pretty obvious where your sympathies lie, Rereginald.
    nyf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

A guy was shot in the head with a flash bang by the cops. Wearing a helmet saved his life. Cops attacked the counterprotesters.

Any links etc on this? I have six or seven which suggests that they attacked the police.

WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR FACTS
    DO YOU MAKE THEM UP YOURSELF

News sources.
    You? 4chan?

News sources.
    You? 4chan?
    reddit actually
    sorry who are you
    the gatekeeper

no he wasnt

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

Last week an Antifa harassed Candice Owens an african american young woman who was minding her business eating out breakfast, the video footage speaks for itself.

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1026458985967153153

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1026532026474586114

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1026458005464907777

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,605 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

stabbing police horses?

Stabbing them to death?

With a knife?

For no reason?

Or is this a hysterical accusation from the files of Alex Jones?

reddit actually
    sorry who are you
    the gatekeeper

Reddit isn't a news source. It's a forum. The people who post there are anonymous internet people who could be getting their information from anywhere, or making it up.

Berserker wrote: »
    Any links etc on this? I have six or seven which suggests that they attacked the police.

Why not post them so?

• Advertisement
Advertisement