Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Win for Antifa

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

professore wrote: »
    The media have a lot to answer for, by labelling everyone Alt-Right the term has lost all meaning. So labeling a group as Alt-Right protestors could be anything from a group of Trump supporting mormon OAPs to jackbooted skinhead neo nazis.

"Unite the Right" sounds like a fairly innocuous title in fairness. And Americans are so ill educated in history (as we are heading down the same path) that they might not realise the significance of carrying tiki torches. I'm not saying everyone who showed up didn't know the true nature of the event - but I'd say it's perfectly possible.

So you think people were shouting "jews will not replace us" and had no idea of its significance? What about the arm raised salute? did they not know what that meant either?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

20Cent wrote: »
    i-want-to-kill-millions-of-people-beacuse-of-their-33007361.png

Guy on the left says “I’m not so sure about allowing millions of undocumented people into our financially overstretched country”

Guy in the middle “F*cking nazi, I’m going to crack your head open with a bike lock”

Guy on the right “Well that escalated quickly jpeg”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

50% chance it was winniethepoo

Why i'm glad you thought of me:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

markodaly wrote: »
    Antifa are just a bunch of middle-class clowns with Daddy issues and men who can't get laid.

antifa-meme.jpg

The Luchadores would like a word with you.

Last year hundreds of fascists march chanting Jews will not replace us.
    This year 20 show up.

What changed.

I'd say antifa scared them away.

Are you happy with that?

Antifa has been infiltrated from the start and a large cohort have ruled themselves from any serious position of political influence later unless the US takes a lurch to the left which hasn't happened despite plenty of chances in the last 70 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

i-want-to-kill-millions-of-people-beacuse-of-their-33007361.png

Dire meme and a very poor understanding of what centrism is. It agrees with the left on certain issues that racism is very wrong while also calling out left wing drivel like communism. Its a complex ideology which resists the worst of what the extreme left and right have to offer thus obviously goes over the head of so many.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Are you happy with that?

Antifa has been infiltrated from the start and a large cohort have ruled themselves from any serious position of political influence later unless the US takes a lurch to the left which hasn't happened despite plenty of chances in the last 70 years.

They want to stop the normalisation of far right fascist ideology. Show that they aren't welcome to march where they like and intimidate others Thats about it so from the massively reduced numbers attending such matches it appears to have been successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

So you think people were shouting "jews will not replace us" and had no idea of its significance? What about the arm raised salute? did they not know what that meant either?

You go to a rally that says "unite the right", thinking it's some sort of rally to unite various right wing groups. Then when you get there, half an hour in, they start shouting "Jews will not replace us" and giving Hitler salutes. Then you leave. The lads in DC yesterday were all dressed in suits. Not a skinhead or swastika to be seen. It's not rocket science. Do the people below below look like far right to you? This was the protest in DC.

GettyImages_1015655664.0.jpg

You go to a rally that says "unite the right", thinking it's some sort of rally to unite various right wing groups. Then when you get there, half an hour in, they start shouting "Jews will not replace us" and giving Hitler salutes. Then you leave. The lads in DC yesterday were all dressed in suits. Not a skinhead or swastika to be seen. It's not rocket science.

except most people didnt leave. I dont remember a mass exodus of people last year who suddenly realised what they had attending. the lads in DC were all covering their faces. I'm still not sure what your actual point is. Why did the same crowd from last year not turn up this year? why did the skinheads and neo-nazis stay away?

I see you added that pic in after i posted. I'm not what you think that shows? that they are respectable people because they decide to wear a suit to a far right rally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

They want to stop the normalisation of far right fascist ideology. Show that they aren't welcome to march where they like and intimidate others Thats about it so from the massively reduced numbers attending such matches it appears to have been successful.

Well beating people over the head with bike locks is not going to "stop the normalisation of far right fascist ideology." but it will force countries to start treating Antifa's actions seriously and that will mean serious sentences in prison for their actions, at least that would kill off this silly movement and we can get back to peaceful protest and not extremism as extremism is the worst form of expression for human kind. If some one in the alt right came out and said on public television what they actually believe they would just be laughed into obscurity.

• Advertisement

Well beating people over the head with bike locks is not going to "stop the normalisation of far right fascist ideology." but it will force countries to start treating Antifa's actions seriously and that will mean serious sentences in prison for their actions, at least that would kill off this silly movement and we can get back to peaceful protest and not extremism as extremism is the worst form of expression for human kind. If some one in the alt right came out and said on public television what they actually believe they would just be laughed into obscurity.

Milo dissapeared.
    Richard Spencer a laughing stock.
    Unite the right can't get 20 people together for a march.

Looks like it's working.

Milo dissapeared.
    Richard Spencer a laughing stock.
    Unite the right can't get 20 people together for a march.

Looks like it's working.

LOL, Nothing to do with Antifa.

Milo had controversy about child abuse views.

Richard Spencer a laughing stock because as I said before people know his views(alt-right)

And as America is not full of Nazis so now people know what 'Unite the right' are they wont associate with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

The media have a lot to answer for, by labelling everyone Alt-Right the term has lost all meaning. So labeling a group as Alt-Right protestors could be anything from a group of Trump supporting mormon OAPs to jackbooted skinhead neo nazis.

"Unite the Right" sounds like a fairly innocuous title in fairness. And Americans are so ill educated in history (as we are heading down the same path) that they might not realise the significance of carrying tiki torches. I'm not saying everyone who showed up didn't know the true nature of the event - but I'd say it's perfectly possible.

When even a prayer rally is labelled "Alt-Right" then yes the media bears some responsibility for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

It’s absolutely hilarious that someone genuinely thinks that antifa are sorting sh*t out :pac:

It’s absolutely hilarious that someone genuinely thinks that antifa are sorting sh*t out :pac:

Well, I would say Antifa members are the ones saying that.;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Rory28 wrote: »
    The Luchadores would like a word with you.

Army Ranger Wing probably wouldn't agree either... spetsnas, swat teams, etc

Edit: don't know how that stupid smiley got into the post title

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    When even a prayer rally is labelled "Alt-Right" then yes the media bears some responsibility for this.

Patriot prayer nice chaps off to mass.

i-bxgdxgh.jpg?w=672&h=372&crop=1
    patriot%20prayer%20antifa%20protest%20m%2008042018_1533410637037.jpg_50704913_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Pretty obvious where your sympathies lie, Rereginald.
    From someone who joined the site in Feb 2018...
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

They don't only protest Nazis is the point.

Yes, they protest Nazi sympathisers too. My heart bleeds for them.
    TomSweeney wrote: »

Yes, I re-registered. And like a good little poster, included my previous username in the 'about me' section of my profile so the mods would know exactly the kind of motherfucker they were dealing with.

• Advertisement

Patriot prayer nice chaps off to mass.

i-bxgdxgh.jpg?w=672&h=372&crop=1

Chris Pratts fatter, less attractive, brother needs to learn how to put on body armour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

They don't only protest Nazis is the point.

TomSweeney wrote: »

Yes, I re-registered. And like a good little poster, included my previous username in the 'about me' section of my profile so the mods would know exactly the kind of motherfucker they were dealing with.
    They protest run of the mill conservatives too which makes them idiots and if they went around with Swastikas people would call them extremists.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Chris Pratts fatter, less attractive, brother needs to learn how to put on body armour.

...and walk upright at the same time? I think we need to lower our expectations.

Odhinn wrote: »
    ...and walk upright at the same time? I think we need to lower our expectations.

I like to think the best of people :D

except most people didnt leave. I dont remember a mass exodus of people last year who suddenly realised what they had attending. the lads in DC were all covering their faces. I'm still not sure what your actual point is. Why did the same crowd from last year not turn up this year? why did the skinheads and neo-nazis stay away?

I see you added that pic in after i posted. I'm not what you think that shows? that they are respectable people because they decide to wear a suit to a far right rally?

Are you sure no one left? We've already established the mainstream media are full of it. Maybe lots left last year, I don't know. Maybe none did. I was just offering an opinion.

The lads in DC were not covering their faces, from any pictures I've seen.

The fact they are in suits would suggest they are a different type of far right, or have polished up their image. I have no idea, and I don't see it matters much. They are an irrelevance now that there were only 20 of them.

Why didn't the same crowd show up? At a guess I'd say most of these skinhead neo-nazi types live a lot closer to Charlotteville than DC, live in trailer parks and aren't flush with cash to travel to DC for a protest. I doubt they decided to just give up.

The Antifa crowd on the other hand are mostly rich university students whose parents have set up trust funds for them so they can go round spouting off about fascists and exploitation of workers, and hoping to cowardly beat up some innocent people and loot shops while them and their own parents are at the forefront of doing the same thing. Pathetic.

Are you sure no one left? We've already established the mainstream media are full of it. Maybe lots left last year, I don't know. Maybe none did. I was just offering an opinion.

The lads in DC were not covering their faces, from any pictures I've seen.

The fact they are in suits would suggest they are a different type of far right, or have polished up their image. I have no idea, and I don't see it matters much. They are an irrelevance now that there were only 20 of them.

Why didn't the same crowd show up? At a guess I'd say most of these skinhead neo-nazi types live a lot closer to Charlotteville than DC, live in trailer parks and aren't flush with cash to travel to DC for a protest. I doubt they decided to just give up.

The Antifa crowd on the other hand are mostly rich university students whose parents have set up trust funds for them so they can go round spouting off about fascists and exploitation of workers, and hoping to cowardly beat up some innocent people and loot shops while them and their own parents are at the forefront of doing the same thing. Pathetic.

So many LOLs i dont know where to even start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I like to think the best of people :D

Fair enough. And it is amazing what results patience, a bunch of banannas and a pointy stick can get, I suppose.

So many LOLs i dont know where to even start.

????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/01/antifa-charlottesville-violence-fbi-242235

"Federal authorities have been warning state and local officials since early 2016 that leftist extremists known as “antifa” had become increasingly confrontational and dangerous, so much so that the Department of Homeland Security formally classified their activities as “domestic terrorist violence,” according to interviews and confidential law enforcement documents obtained by POLITICO.

Previously unreported documents disclose that by April 2016, authorities believed that “anarchist extremists” were the primary instigators of violence at public rallies against a range of targets. They were blamed by authorities for attacks on the police, government and political institutions, along with symbols of “the capitalist system,” racism, social injustice and fascism, according to a confidential 2016 joint intelligence assessment by DHS and the FBI."

#winning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Which Nazis have Shapiro or Christina Sommers sympathised with?

Not every protest is antifa believe it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Anybody who thinks Ben Shapiro, A JEW would support Nazi groups is an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Not every protest is antifa believe it or not.

The user was talking about Antifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

The people who believe what they believe are still out there, they just aren't marching in the street. I don't believe antifa are achieving anything really. Listening to Richard Spencer for half an hour on youtube would do more to damage the alt right that anything antifa can do.

To me antifa look like a rag tag of nerdy alternative kids who got a hard time at school and now feel they are in a gang. They are the sort who would go white and fill their pants if they were alone and got into a serious confrontation with someone.

Lol simultaneously domestic terrorists attacking the police/destroying America and nerdy wimps living with their moms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Lol simultaneously domestic terrorists attacking the police/destroying America and nerdy wimps living with their moms.

I never said they were destroying america? I think they are a bunch of nerdy wimps who always want safety in numbers. And the authorities are going far to easy on them. But i think that will change once they start to attack the cops and journalists.

backspin. wrote: »
    I never said they were destroying america? I think they are a bunch of nerdy wimps who always want safety in numbers. And the authorities are going far to easy on them. But i think that will change once they start to attack the cops and journalists.

Post wasn't replying to yours just an observation of the two views expressed in the thread.

Advertisement